Heupel to Oklahoma?

Tennessee isn't going to get in trouble and I would take the team we got over the team I saw get whooped by Arkansas who has about as many coaches as us lately. I would love to see Texas come to Neyland and get bounced out of here with a loss.

That’s not what you said. You said you thought Tennessee was in better “shape.”

In NO way is Tennessee in better shape than the Texas program.

Tennessee has always had talent. We’ve (us fans, the team and the program in general) simply been abused by a lack of leadership, bad coaching and bad development.

Tennessee “could” certainly beat Texas……they could also lose…..I don’t know….it would depend a lot on how disciplined they played.

However Texas got Sarkisian because they were in pretty good “shape.”

Reactions: volncleveland
Okay, but look through the threads on this site. There are more than a handful of people that post here, that call into the radio, and that spew vitriol on twitter who have legitimately said either (1) that he should be fired or (2) that he definitively will not succeed here.

I agree with everything else you said, but those unreasonably critiques have been repeated here ad nauseum. I agree that most fans realize that we are in a tough spot. We have a dearth of talented depth. We have installed new systems on both sides of the ball, and we may not have the answer at QB yet.

I'm being totally reasonable but many are not, and our hair trigger reaction to the past 15 years of futility has pushed some people beyond reasonable discourse.

It does get old reading the stupid 14 year old pout reactions that get repeated numerous times online. And yes, I agree we seem to get more than our share of the usual "crazy 3 percent of fans". I dropped into the Texas board after Arky beat them down and I was actually impressed that there was very little panic and ugly comment there. Same was true from my visit to the Florida State board after the Jax State last play upset. It actually made me a little jealous of their ability to cope. But this board is the best of any program I have every seen. More depth, more insight, more inside info, and generally more knowledgeable fans than anywhere. Plus to be honest, the optics of this site are just magnificent. Its just so well laid out. Kudos to everyone who puts work into making this site so great.

Reactions: RhodesVol
Technically, Heupel is the one that would owe us, since he is the one breaking the contract. But in general, the new school almost always covers the buyout as part of the agreement to hire the coach.

However, in this particular hypothetical scenario, OU would likely receive a large buyout from USC to cover Lincoln Riley's buyout. So, if they wanted to buyout Heupel, the would simply use the buyout money from Lincoln and put it towards Heupel. I find it unlikely though. Like I said, Kiffin or Pittman are far better fits at this point, unless Heupel gets us to 9-10 wins in year 1.
And then WE could use the 8 million to finally get a marquee coach right? (He asks Knowing darn well we would still get a coach on the cheap while pocketing the difference)

Reactions: Carp
It does get old reading the stupid 14 year old pout reactions that get repeated numerous times online. And yes, I agree we seem to get more than our share of the usual "crazy 3 percent of fans". I dropped into the Texas board after Arky beat them down and I was actually impressed that there was very little panic and ugly comment there. Same was true from my visit to the Florida State board after the Jax State last play upset. It actually made me a little jealous of their ability to cope. But this board is the best of any program I have every seen. More depth, more insight, more inside info, and generally more knowledgeable fans than anywhere. Plus to be honest, the optics of this site are just magnificent. Its just so well laid out. Kudos to everyone who puts work into making this site so great.

Easy agreement on all points. This board is easily my favorite. If it weren't so well constructed, and so well appointed in terms of members, I wouldn't have been here for over a decade.

Reactions: HiltonHeadVol
USC, ahh the glory years.
We had a few of those back in the day.
How many coaching changes have they made in the last 20 years. Sound familiar?
Not many. They kept that sorry @$$ Helton around forever, it seems.
Lol, I honestly thought they fired him 2 years ago...🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: dduncan4163
Would lead you to believe we made a great hire if Oklahoma wants to poach the coach.

That writer is a clickbait machine, had I known it was from that goof I wouldn't have bothered clicking
I think that most revenue gained from clickbait articles are purposely targeting UT. Battered Vols Syndrome is real and these jerks are making $ off the mentally abused. I think that a lawsuit would hold up in court

Kind of silly to make this claim given he turned Seattle into a perennial contender. He's a great coach
He went to the NFL after the AA busted them to run. I could coach the Seahawks. He failed round 1 in the pros. Round 2 he picked up a good team.

VN Store

Back