Heupel to Oklahoma?

I’m sure Bama would be doing everything in their power to hire Heupel RIGHT NOW if Saban suddenly retired and Alabama knew that Oklahoma wanted him. I bet Ohio State would get jealous and immediately enter their hat into the Josh Heupel sweepstakes. Of course, this would piss off Florida and Georgia, and they’d fire Mullen and Smart so that they could have a chance at landing Heupel. But of course, Heupel would turn them all down, as the people of America would be after him as well, leading him to ultimately run for the President of the United States of America. He’d eventually drop out though, as the Galactic Federation of higher alien species would pick him as Earth’s Ambassador to the stars. But the Federation would eventually withdraw their nomination once they realized that Heupel was overqualified for the role.
You forgot to mention Gundy reconsidering his future and the Haslam’s getting him another raise for the NCAA leading 4th time.

I do not think any way Lincoln Riley leaves for USC. Lateral job and Oklahoma coming to SEC in a few years. But if Oklahoma comes open and they want him I dont blame him for being interested.

But maybe ok coming to sec is more reason to leave, a much tougher schedule than they play now or at usc? Just a thought

Best thread I’ve read since the ol “check my stats” thread a few years ago. I don’t remember why we were checking stats but I know it was the most important thing we’ve done as a fan base since stopping all the gimic jersey stuff and wearing black cleats which guaranteed all that success we had. Fond memories.

He went to the NFL after the AA busted them to run. I could coach the Seahawks. He failed round 1 in the pros. Round 2 he picked up a good team.
He went to the NFL after the AA busted them to run. I could coach the Seahawks. He failed round 1 in the pros. Round 2 he picked up a good team.
Ridiculously stupid post

Reactions: igotworms
Folks who want Heupel to go to Oklahoma….what are you thinking? Seriously?

Do you hate Tennessee?

Do you somehow think Tennessee will suddenly land the next freakin Saban?

Tennessee will start over again. They will most likely end up with a less desirable coach. Tennessee would have had 2 leave after 1 season……..on their own…….and everyone else who stayed……GOT FIRED.

No one will come…….you will have to absolutely get lucky with some up and comer…….and the chances of a flame out is much higher.

Just DUMB

We have started over so many times that it really does not matter! There is zero trust in the Athletic Department and Heupel.

Ridiculously stupid post

I thought it was pretty accurate, all except maybe the part about him being able to coach the seahawks lol! Carroll did inherit a talent heavy roster and after his first few years he has not really had much success which would point to him not being able to sustain it on his own.

Pruitt to Bama
Dooley to Georgia
Kiff to NFL

And now CJH to Oklahoma????? Believe it when I see it.

We have started over so many times that it really does not matter! There is zero trust in the Athletic Department and Heupel.

Every time matters.

If he were to leave after or before one season on his on…….it would matter HUGE.

Two coaches leave within 1 season on their own……everyone else gets fired.

Investigation

71 scholarship players

Turnover

It would be terrible. Folks somehow think some “good” coach is just waiting to come……their NOT…….if this happens…..Tennessee will be lucky to get a decent mid major coach.

This article seems to think so:

How USC's head coaching search could impact Josh Heupel

Says Riley may leave for USC job. If so, Heupel could fill that void because of his roots.

Does not mention he was once let go from there.

Now, I don’t remember any of you guys predicting Kiffen to USC but I remember the fear of y’all being worried Dooley was going to Georgia, Butch to Michigan (or somewhere) and, funniest of all, Pruitt to Bama.

Now, how many of y’all are worried he’s gonna leave us for Oklahoma?

Well Tennessee is a stepping stone program now a days if you are a successful coach

Every time matters.

If he were to leave after or before one season on his on…….it would matter HUGE.

Two coaches leave within 1 season on their own……everyone else gets fired.

Investigation

71 scholarship players

Turnover

It would be terrible. Folks somehow think some “good” coach is just waiting to come……their NOT…….if this happens…..Tennessee will be lucky to get a decent mid major coach.
Freeze would have the roster loaded with talent in one recruiting/portal class. Just have to make a balls out hire.

Neither one was ever happening.

James Franklin was DW’s guy from the start and he turned down 8 million to come here.

I’ve never seen that confirmed anywhere but if DW offered Franklin $8 million then DW is an absolute idiot. Saban makes a little over $9 million and Franklin’s not even close to being another Saban. Both are narcissistic a’holes but that’s about as much as they have in common.

I’ve never seen that confirmed anywhere but if DW offered Franklin $8 million then DW is an absolute idiot. Saban makes a little over $9 million and Franklin’s not even close to being another Saban. Both are narcissistic a’holes but that’s about as much as they have in common.
👍

Freeze would have the roster loaded with talent in one recruiting/portal class. Just have to make a balls out hire.

It ain’t happening anyway, but if it did, and Heupel left after 1 season…….I wouldn’t swear Freeze would come now……and White probably wouldn’t even ask.

I was a Freeze fan, he is who I wanted. However, he got passed over, he is still doing well…….he might move on to bigger and better things.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back