Heupel to be announced per 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is pretty much what happened outside of one Jeff Fisher who has not coached at all in 7 or 8 years and has not coached college in 30 plus years.

So where’s the proof that all these different coaches were asked and said no. There’s no definitive proof yet it’s even Heupel if they’ve been so tight lipped so far.

We tried to do worse with Dykes.

Danny White is a clown. This is a dead hire. It has zero juice. Neyland will be lucky to ne half full. Large majoriry wont support this hire or program.

We are dead.
some can't see the forest from the trees. Sanctions will hit UT, and the loss of roster has made any coach worth his salt gun shy to sign with UT. Heupel, IMO, will at worst be a stop-gap. He succeeds at a high level; we retain him, he continues to suck, then once sanctions lifted, Danny will show him the door. Also, there is a chance we get him on the cheap. JP screwed UT hard but it did allow UT to move on past Fulmer and reorientate UT administration priorities. I feel that this administration truly wants to be a football school once more, for the first time in over a decade. Keep an even keel and see how it plays out. It could be worse, we could still have Fulmer, JP, sanctions, and another losing season. Think about it, with JP paying players and bringing in the top talent we still only win 3 games, if that doesn't speak incompetence of the Coach and AD then I don't know what does.

Reactions: a10acfan1
He has to get a couple of recruiters on his staff. Don’t really like the hire but I will support it just like I have all the others. What we have to realize is he was the only one that said yes to this job.

I’m a pessimist/cynic but I like this hire! Only 4 teams have averaged more points in the three years Heupel has been coach (Bama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Ohio State). All perennial playoff teams. We identified a need for more offense, and we delivered in the face of NCAA sanctions. He’s not a sexy pick, but his offenses are productive and he curb stomped Lane Kiffin twice.

I will support Heupel, apparently White took some other big swings and whiffed. Atleast the offense will be exciting. I'm on board until this boat sinks. Which will probably be soon.
With pending NCAA sanctions and the fact many players left the start of his UT tenure will be tough. I'm going to give him some time.

Reactions: Bret178
Friend? I hast to see how he treats his enemy. Basically has put him in a no win situation with half of our fan base in denial with how bad it really is.
Let's see that contract first... Heupel should call him a friend if he walks away with more than $6 million in 3 years - and he probably will.

Well, maybe we can at least watch some exciting football with high octane. We can become the Ole Miss of the East division and lose 58-53 each week. Better than losing 23-18 each week.
Yup, at least UP can possibly it interesting by always being in the game. With the current offense, a team goes up by two scores and it is safe to say that is a ball game. The lack of offensive production is well below the NCAA average.

Let's see that contract first... Heupel should call him a friend if he walks away with more than $6 million in 3 years - and he probably will.
It'll be in the neighborhood of 10mil over 3 years, if not a little more. We can all agree( I think) that Tennessee was going to have to over pay no matter who they hired.

If he does have a little success at UT, NFL has been after Lincoln Riley. If Riley leaves for NFL , this guy bolts for Oklahoma. Then we start all over again.

I agree. I think Steele definitely needs to be retained in some capacity, at least he can recruit. I have serious doubts about this hire but hope the guy surprises everyone and kills it.

Yep.

Think keeping Steele ....bringing in Gardner...keeping Graham will be important for recruiting purposes.

Reactions: Bret178
My 2 kids recently graduated from UCF. I actually live down here and follow the team. Watch most of the games. Kids love him and will run through a wall for him (that hasn't happened around here in a long time). Everyone here is going to love the offense. QB development is off the charts. Gets the SEC and knows what it takes. Former star QB. need a big time Defensive Coordinator/staff. typically average 40 plus points a game. Wears out the defenses. I am definitely ok with giving him a chance
Kids LOVED Pruitt, he just ticked off everyone else.

If he does have a little success at UT, NFL has been after Lincoln Riley. If Riley leaves for NFL , this guy bolts for Oklahoma. Then we start all over again.
No problem... we've been there before. Georgia was after Dooley, Michigan wanted Butch, and Pruitt was in waiting for Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back