Heupel to be announced per 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 kids recently graduated from UCF. I actually live down here and follow the team. Watch most of the games. Kids love him and will run through a wall for him (that hasn't happened around here in a long time). Everyone here is going to love the offense. QB development is off the charts. Gets the SEC and knows what it takes. Former star QB. need a big time Defensive Coordinator/staff. typically average 40 plus points a game. Wears out the defenses. I am definitely ok with giving him a chance

Most Tennessee thing ever. It doesn't matter if we get a top 5 AD. Turned around and hired his own coach. Can we just go ahead and fire both of them at the press conference and save ourselves 4 or 5 years.

A top 5 AD can't overcome the level of stupidity that has plagued and continues to plague this university. That press conference admitting serious infractions was the dumbest thing ever to take place in the history of college football at UT

Reactions: igotworms
Why didn’t Tennessee go with Sexton clients? He sold Tennessee Dooley & Pruitt is why. Neither were remotely ready for this job. Why on earth would you go back to him again? It’s obvious he’s about overselling his clients.

Sure has the optic...hate it, the optic that is. DW gonna have a look of glaring eyes on him watching to see how this rolls. Seems like he put a lot of eggs in that basket.
At least Heupel is young so if we 'hit' maybe we will have the best decade.

Ehhh...it is what it is at this point. The offense should be fun to watch at least.

I expect nothing but BS and borderline corruption out of most anything government or education related especially in Knoxville TN anymore.

Still trying to imagine the mental gymnastics they went through to justify paying Fulmers buyout.

Reactions: Spawn and JVol76V2
Awful hire if true. From what cLow and Thamel reported, we didn't even talk to anyone worth a damn, let alone make any offers. Those in charge just don't care. Hopefully Heupel at least scores some points and builds a decent enough roster for the next guy.

We probably didn't talk to anyone worth a damn because once a feeler was put out the answer was a resounding NO.

Way too many people had completely unrealistic expectations of our hiring ability. I know it's tough to swallow because I hate it but this guy should help us get through the muddy NCAA waters. He's probably only here for a few years anyway, this isn't our next long term coach (I don't think). If he does well he'll get a big offer and move on. At the same time he'll be leaving us in much better shape and we'll be in a much better hiring position. Think O'Brian at pedo st. That's about what I've expected all along. I'm going to support the guy. I hope everyone else does too.

GBO...

A top 5 AD can't overcome the level of stupidity that has plagued and continues to plague this university. That press conference admitting serious infractions was the dumbest thing ever to take place in the history of college football at UT
Tell me something i don't know. Been saying this since the early 2000's.. They're morons and have been forever.

That is gonna be the key IMO.

If he just transplants his staff north then we are probably doing this again in 3 or 4 years.

I agree. I think Steele definitely needs to be retained in some capacity, at least he can recruit. I have serious doubts about this hire but hope the guy surprises everyone and kills it.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
My 2 kids recently graduated from UCF. I actually live down here and follow the team. Watch most of the games. Kids love him and will run through a wall for him (that hasn't happened around here in a long time). Everyone here is going to love the offense. QB development is off the charts. Gets the SEC and knows what it takes. Former star QB. need a big time Defensive Coordinator/staff. typically average 40 plus points a game. Wears out the defenses. I am definitely ok with giving him a chance
I kinda agree. I’ve watched a lot of their games, they are fun to watch. I guess I was just hoping for a bigger hire, but I’m afraid White got a lot of no’s. I do wonder, though, if Chadwell or Napier were approached. Most important thing, it is what is. Let’s hope for the best. I’m more excited by this hire than I was for Pruitt

Reactions: LakeMaryFLVol
Hmmm. Seems anti climatic after you bring in DW.i don't believe that no one wanted the job. We need to stop that BS narrative.

That fact is, DW or the boosters f*cked up this hire. You don't spend that much on this AD for the UCF coach to be named.

I'll see how he does but I'm not excited.

We have a great young quarterback in Bailey if he stays so I hope you are right

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back