Heupel to be announced per 247

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he does have a little success at UT, NFL has been after Lincoln Riley. If Riley leaves for NFL , this guy bolts for Oklahoma. Then we start all over again.
But if we’re better, more stable etc and competing in the SEC we’re in a better place to get a big name coach. Remember though, we were worried when Pruitt was hired that Bama would steal him away when Saban retired

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
If he does have a little success at UT, NFL has been after Lincoln Riley. If Riley leaves for NFL , this guy bolts for Oklahoma. Then we start all over again.
Same thing was said about Pruitt.
Imo, least of our difficulties to focus on.

If he's good enough that OU wants him to replace Riley, I'll take it and move on. That would mean the program is doing well and we'd have coaches actually interested in taking the job again.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
LOL.....only a few days ago I was reading about DW being a grand slam hire. Now he is a Clown according to the experts on VolNation. Geez

Reactions: Bret178
Looks like he can run an offense which is the way the game is shifting these days. Two biggest questions are
1. Can he recruit
2. Can he hire a good D coordinator and let him run the defensive show

Reactions: tennrich1
I think he will a great boost for our offense obviously. Not to be negative but I think the two areas of concern I do have will be who his defense coordinator will be. Doubt Randy Shannon. Hopefully he will retain Kevin Steele IF KS would stay. And the other is simply the lack of success by former AAC coaches that move up to the "big leagues". Just not much of a track record of success unless maybe Tom Herman at Texas who of course was fired this year. But it certainly would be unfair to "dislike" this hire because of what other coaches have done. I personally hope he has GREAT success and Oklahoma DOES want him in a few years but the SEC is so ultra competitive its just hard to imagine a great turn around any time soon. HOPE I'M WRONG. Welcome Coach Heupel to Volnation!!

Reactions: Bret178
LOL.....only a few days ago I was reading about DW being a grand slam hire. Now he is a Clown according to the experts on VolNation. Geez
Well, it looks like most of the regular trolls have spewed their poison. Now Tennessee fans can settle in and evaluate what really happen rather s forecasting gloom and doom all the time.

What’s most impressive about Huepel’s offense is the yardage from his freshman QB in 2019 with 3600 yards. Did JG throw for 3600 yards combined over his 10 seasons at UT?

Let the hand wringing begin. I like the hire. Good not great. But frankly, not sure great even really exists (great coaches are available but bring tons of risk and baggage). I love Heupel’s story, he was a damn player, not just a QB, and he’s objectively an offensive superstar. I would have liked to get a guy that had already completed his ascension, but there are only a few of those guys available and they ain’t coming here. Welcome CJH! Get these qb’s to spinning it downfield already! GBO!

Reactions: LargeOrange1
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back