Heupel Receives Contract Extension and raise

I am glad he got the raise. UT football is fun again. I am hope these threads will generally go away now. I stated it other threads that $9M was the floor for his pay. I see a few people picking at amount in this thread and only they know why they are picking at the number being too high. Stoops is getting $9M at Kentucky. That is the floor. Full stop. End of discussion. There is no good reason to pay him less. You can't think of one. If you come up with something you are grasping at straws. Kentucky. Stoops. $9M a year. Game over.

Pay the man. He is clearly better than our past few coaches. I don't think the rest of the college football world really understands what he has done for the program. We were wiped out 2 years ago. Half our scholarship players left, under investigation, etc. The man has way over played his hand.

I can't wait to see what Heupel does once he gets some solid recruiting classes under his belt. That's what makes Nico so exciting; a five star talent in this offensive system? Hold on to your butts. This is just the beginning.

GregAmsler

HC is in charge of everything. I love Heupel. But he doesn't get the nod over Fulmer until he wins a natty. Hell shouldn't be in the discussion yet. Hasn't won the division yet. It's like some of you forget what the ultimate accomplishment is.
Fulmer was born on 3rd base. Heupel took a program at its lowest point in history and in 2 years made it elite.

VolFreakJosh

Hoping for the best
HC is in charge of everything. I love Heupel. But he doesn't get the nod over Fulmer until he wins a natty. Hell shouldn't be in the discussion yet. Hasn't won the division yet. It's like some of you forget what the ultimate accomplishment is.
Fulmers ego is what got him fired twice.

No way would he have sustained the amount of success in the SEC now.

willinhf

According to details of Heupel's new contract released by the university, his buyout would be 100 percent of what he was owed if he were terminated without cause prior to Dec. 15, 2025. The buyout would drop to 75 percent if he were fired between Dec. 15, 2025 and Dec. 14, 2027. The buyout would decrease to 50 percent on Dec. 15, 2027.
$8M buyout if he leaves us.

wonder how they got a 7-year deal through when state law requires all sorts of special approvals from political people to go beyond 5 years.
You want to be the politician standing in the way of CJH getting his raise and keeping our Coach? ;)

Nobody elected to their job wants to get Schianoed.

Fulmer was born on 3rd base. Heupel took a program at its lowest point in history and in 2 years made it elite.
Yeah, it really is crazy. Anyone have any other examples of coaches turning around a program as quickly? Heupel really knows how to milk all of the potential out of all of his players. The first I have seen from a TN coach.

VN Store