Heupel press conference...

Did our AD contradict himself and talk out of both sides of his mouth when talking about who was offered the job or am I just confused about what I heard?
No he said he talked to a wide variety of coaches but only offered the job to one coach. Not sure if that's true, but he didn't contradict himself in any way that I heard.

If you score 42 points a game with that I am all in.
He only averaged 20 pts per game as Missouri's OC. Like I said , hope this works out. I know one thing he better have a stout defense or I don't care how many points you score , if you can't stop anybody all those points are irrelevant.

I'm only about halfway through the press conference... Have to work today... but I have to say that I'm impressed with him so far.

No he said he talked to a wide variety of coaches but only offered the job to one coach. Not sure if that's true, but he didn't contradict himself in any way that I heard.
Only offered to one coach, why is that? I believe they were not willing to pay top đź’°.

Serious question. What great coach has amazing press conferences? Saban? Belichek? Dabo? Even Ryan Day and Lincoln Riley have boring AF press conferences. The only 2 people I can think of off the top of my head that you look forward to their press conferences are Mike Leach and Dooley (to a much lesser degree).

I feel like winning the press conference is the most over rated thing in the world. Everyone says basically the same thing. Dream job, we're going to turn it around. We're going to win championships. We're going to build winning culture, love my wife and kids, Thank you Jesus, blah, blah, blah.

Extremely excited about the offensive side of things, will all depend on the defensive staff. That sounds strange after having what many viewed as one of the best defensive minds in CFB as a head coach but the defense never lived up to expectations. Seems totally sincere in wanting the best for the student athletes and as much as we heard it about CJP he seems very genuine.
On a side note was very happy to hear the staff and the running of the football team is all his, you hire the best you can for a position and you allow them to do their job, hopefully that will be the way he coaches also, hire a good defensive staff and allow them to do their job. When you're a fan the new hires will have my support until they show they aren't worthy of it, truthfully the only thing that would have been too much for me was to have Steel as this years coach and look again next year. Losing two recruiting classes in general before getting a coach to start the turn around for me was a non starter and I am very grateful the admin and DW saw that the interim coach scenario would hurt the team as well. I for one am very happy to see an offense that hopefully other teams defenses have to adjust to rather than our offense having to adjust to them. At the end of the day it costs us as fans nothing to see how this goes, might just have a lot of fun along the way. I'm sure being positive won't kill more than 10-20 of us GBO!

Yeah Pressers will win Championships! Good grief people just get behind our coach and back him until theres reason to Doubt! Our Fanbase really sucks!

I would like to have heard this question and the answer to it;
"Mr. White, did you or anyone representing the university in this search contact any current, excluding Josh, or past head coaches to inquire about their possible interest in being the HC at Tennessee, and if so how many was that?"

He only averaged 20 pts per game as Missouri's OC. Like I said , hope this works out. I know one thing he better have a stout defense or I don't care how many points you score , if you can't stop anybody all those points are irrelevant.

Was he the HC at Missouri? When he gets to call the shots you see what he did.

Was he the HC at Missouri? When he gets to call the shots you see what he did.
Hope we win, to used to getting my hopes up after 12 straight years of just crap coaches . So you'd better hope your right. You'll be eating crow if this experiment doesn't work.

Just saying we did not due are best with this hire. If he was good he wood be coaching at Oklahoma or Missouri already as head coach. Their is a reason Stoops fired him and let Riley lead the offense. With Riley becoming head coach soon thereafter.

Just goes to show how much more of a HC Bob Stoops was than the average one.

Least we’ll never hear him say “We done some good things in the THROW GAME”! Knee Deep in the Heupel!!! Starship reference!
Just can’t wait to see an offense that can score some points!!!!!!!

No more throw game and no more RED AREA!

Just goes to show how much more of a HC Bob Stoops was than the average one.
I'm on board bud, just tired of the incompetence of this University. And if you haven't seen it then your blind. Fulmer getting the AD was ********. Not letting Currie do his job was ********. Hiring of Dooley, Jones and Pruitt just plain retarded . So yeah I'm pissed and tired of it. The administration has failed the hard working people that spend hard earned đź’°

Its early and i have no idea what any of this will look like year 2 or 3. But this i believe was the type hire we needed after Lane. Instead of a losing coach from la.tech and butch who has never set foot down south. This guy has florida ties in recruiting and possibly other southern states.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back