Heupel Assistant Coaches Announcement Thread (Official)

The entire offensive staff has been fired or have moved on except for Tee Martin and his contract ended yesterday. Most believe that the entire UCF offensive staff has already been hired to coach here (just not announced officially) with the exception of maybe the WR coach and/or RB coach. We will probably get an official announcement Thursday or Friday. That's when we'll probably find out if Tee was retained or not. I imagine the only coach that may not come from UCF is the WR coach since he was just hired.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
If I had to guess...

HC-Josh Heupel
Off Cord/TE- Alex Golesh
Def. Cord/ LB- Kevin Steele
Quarterbacks/PGC- Joey Halzle
Running Backs - Ra Shaad Samples
Wide Receivers - Kodi Burns
Offensive Line/AOHC - Glen Elarbee
Defensive Line/RC - Rodney Garner
Cornerbacks- Corey Bell
Safeties/AHC - Willie Martinez
Special Teams - Nick Toth

If I had to guess...

HC-Josh Heupel (UCF)

Off Cord/TE- Alex Golesh (UCF)
Quarterbacks/PGC- Joey Halzle (UCF)
Running Backs - Ra Shaad Samples (SMU)
Wide Receivers - Kodi Burns (UCF)
Offensive Line/AOHC - Glen Elarbee (UCF)

Def. Cord/ LB- Kevin Steele (Tennnessee / Auburn)
Defensive Line/RC - Rodney Garner (Auburn)
Cornerbacks- Corey Bell (UCF)
Safeties/AHC - Willie Martinez (UCF)

Special Teams - Nick Toth (UCF)

[edited to include most recent or current job, and separated by squad]
Interesting guesses, thanks for this.

You show 4 on the offensive side coming with Josh from UCF: OC, QB, WR, and OL ... with the final asst coach (RB) on that side from SMU.

The special teams coordinator also with Josh from UCF.

The defensive side is mixed, half Auburn, half UCF. This is the most intriguing part to me.

Do you know if Kevin Steele has worked with Corey Bell and/or Willie Martinez in the past? I glanced at their resumes and didn't see any obvious points of overlap for either of them. Steele has been at Auburn and Tennessee, as has Martinez, but apparently never at the same time.

What were your thoughts when mashing together Steele, Garner, Bell, and Martinez?

Thanks!

VN Store

Back