Heupel’s offense is not innovative

Does this have to do with the lack of skill to execute certain plays or is there another reason behind it? I'm pretty pleased with today but I see your point

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?

So? You wouldn’t be saying a word if Milton had made easy deep throws and Peyton had caught the two he should‘ve today.

Play calling and innovation haven’t been the problems. Main concern to me is below average offensive line.

We will know next week if this coach is SEC caliber, I’m will to concede that we won’t have the horses that Florida will field. I want to see if this staff can come up with a scheme that competes in the SEC. We won’t win the game, but hopefully we can keep it close.

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?

Bro! These receivers are running wide open all over the field! If we had a quarterback we wouldn't even need a defense. Wtf are you watching?

Bro! These receivers are running wide open all over the field! If we had a quarterback we wouldn't even need a defense. Wtf are you watching?
Facts. We don’t have one capable (yet) of running this offense effectively. Coach said it best, we’re trying to get eleven players working together as 1 and we’re not there yet.

On any fast pace offense you don’t have a lot of plays. There are a couple reads and a throw. It’s how they play fast. You guys must have forgotten the past several years. This team is scoring points and at a high rate. Defense has been pretty solid. When is the last time we have averaged over 40 pts over a 3 game stretch? Don’t say it’s the competition because a couple years ago we lost to Georgia St! We were supposed to beat two of these teams by a lot and we did. We were suppose to have a close game with Pitt and we did (probably should have won it). You may have a reason to cry after next week but it won’t be because of CH plays!

Reactions: onecrazytj
We will know next week if this coach is SEC caliber, I’m will to concede that we won’t have the horses that Florida will field. I want to see if this staff can come up with a scheme that competes in the SEC. We won’t win the game, but hopefully we can keep it close.
Yeah a loss is all but assured but if he can coach these kids up and keep it competitive then I will feel a whole lot better with him being HC. I want to see good playcalling and fight out of our kids. If you have to go down just make sure you're swinging.

Yeah a loss is all but assured but if he can coach these kids up and keep it competitive then I will feel a whole lot better with him being HC. I want to see good playcalling and fight out of our kids. If you have to go down just make sure you're swinging.
I can’t believe some are already alluding to writing huepel off.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Maybe not but we have had more wide open receivers in 3 games than the last 2 years put together. Our problem we ain't found a QB who can hit them.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back