Heupel’s offense is not innovative

The simple fact that we have played 2 bad teams and 1 mediocre one that we lost to. So there isn’t enough data to say this staff is any better than the last one.
I am able to come to a conclusion after comparing similar opportunities by both coaching staffs. At UCF Hueple was 28-8 over 3 years. I also believe if Hooker was our starter for the Pitt game or we wasn’t missing 5 starters by time the game ended we would have won. Our depth is already limited but when we lost both running backs Evans, Small, Young, Cooper Mayes, and Hyatt. We was facing an uphill battle already.

If you'll notice, by featuring Jones as a running threat, Alabama's DL is on their heels. Gives Jones more time to pass and opens up holes between the tackles for RBs. This is against Alabama, mind you. Working like a charm.

Tennessee coaches never figure this out. We just run up the middle for a yard twice, then pass on 3rd and 8.

Actually his schemes are getting guys wide open... we just don't have a qb who can throw it to them

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?
Yep that’s it. You nailed it. Thank God we have you and your innovative resume to right the ship in Knoxville. You’re a football genius.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Do you expect it to be in year 1? Some of y'all have unrealistic expectations.
Some people around here expect flawless execution, blowing everyone out and dominating with a coach that’s been on the job 8 months, had 30 defections and only 71 of 85 scholarship athletes. It blows my mind.

Reactions: golf437 and tnktm
We have 1 dimensional football talent, probably a bottom third SEC program, 1 dimensional leadership in the athletic department and 1 dimensional leadership at the university,

The highlight of the day is the $1 million paid for the buy game will stay in the state of Tennessee
Take your meds troll

The plays I’m seeing are not innovative or creative, just a bunch of RPO hand offs, screens, and the occasional deep shot. The only thing that’s different is the tempo. Heupel’s philosophy is to run as many plays as possible to creative as many scoring opportunities as possible. But the plays themselves are nothing special. Thoughts?
🤦🏻

Reactions: onecrazytj
We have 1 dimensional football talent, probably a bottom third SEC program, 1 dimensional leadership in the athletic department and 1 dimensional leadership at the university,

The highlight of the day is the $1 million paid for the buy game will stay in the state of Tennessee
1632004179371.gif
Those of trying to explain that we’ve got a coach that’s only been on the job 8 months, inherited a roster where 30 people left, have 71 of 85 players on scholarship, have a very young roster that doesn’t have much playing time and two qbs that are left overs from other programs.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How much of that was created by the defense? Again, 410 yards vs Tenn Tech??

If yardage were the goal, they would have kept the starters in, surely someone with your coaching acumen would know that. When you play on short fields due to turnovers, it decreases the chances for high total yardage again something you should know

If yardage were the goal, they would have kept the starters in, surely someone with your coaching acumen would know that. When you play on short fields due to turnovers, it decreases the chances for high total yardage again something you should know
Logic cleanly isn’t his strong suit. Great point but he won’t see it.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back