Here's to the " NASTY BLACK" uniforms

I liked them. Would’ve made the helmet black as well though. Looked a little strange with a white helmet. If you’re gonna black out you might as well go all in.
I read somewhere they had planned to have black helmets, but supply chain issues made that impossible, I guess they couldn't get the new helmets there in time. So they did the best they could outlining the stripes and T with black. I didn't mind that look at all.

Atrocious at best. Burn em and never don them again.

You are entitled to your opinion but there comes a point and time when you have to think about the players and recruits and this staff sent them a message with for what they wanted. You may buy tickets and attend games but your money is what it is.... tickets not major donations to the university nor does it effect recruiting of the players attitude toward a UNIFORM! If the PLAYERS WANT THEM I'M ALL FOR them. My advice is to grow up and just revel in these splendid young men and it's not about your likes or dislikes sir. You are a fan and these kids who want this are players not fans, Either get on board or get off. I'm a traditionalist and love the orange and white but if the players want this I'm behind it 100%.

You are entitled to your opinion but there comes a point and time when you have to think about the players and recruits and this staff sent them a message with for what they wanted. You may buy tickets and attend games but your money is what it is.... tickets not major donations to the university nor does it effect recruiting of the players attitude toward a UNIFORM! If the PLAYERS WANT THEM I'M ALL FOR them. My advice is to grow up and just revel in these splendid young men and it's not about your likes or dislikes sir. You are a fan and these kids who want this are players not fans, Either get on board or get off. I'm a traditionalist and love the orange and white but if the players want this I'm behind it 100%.
Sorry to have triggered your delicate sensitivities Junior. I too am a traditionalist, and if we want cartoony uniforms we should consult Oregon. They do it best.

Sorry to have triggered your delicate sensitivities Junior. I too am a traditionalist, and it we want cartoony uniforms we should consult Oregon. They do it best.

LOL, horrible retort. Junior? Really? Would be sure to lay money I'm older but you miss the point. We as fans don't have a say because it's not about us it's about the KIDS. Do you get that? Do you understand that? What we like is what I said, it's not about us but ABOUT THE PLAYERS........ if they want it I'm for it. Now for your junior comment I'll say again I'm more than likely I'm older than you and as far as player, I played college ball and when coaches listened to the players on;y solidified the staff to the players.

LOL, horrible retort. Junior? Really? Would be sure to lay money I'm older but you miss the point. We as fans don't have a say because it's not about us it's about the KIDS. Do you get that? Do you understand that? What we like is what I said, it's not about us but ABOUT THE PLAYERS........ if they want it I'm for it. Now for your junior comment I'll say again I'm more than likely I'm older than you and as far as player, I played college ball and when coaches listened to the players on;y solidified the staff to the players.
🤪 I’m not trying to get into a pissing contest with you so try to get those panties out of a wad. My original comment on the uniforms was all about the design (or lack thereof). It was just “Lets’s do black anyway we can get it out there.” Whether it looks like crap or not.

🤪 I’m not trying to get into a pissing contest with you so try to get those panties out of a wad. My original comment on the uniforms was all about the design (or lack thereof). It was just “Lets’s do black anyway we can get it out there.” Whether it looks like crap or not.

It's not a match but you fail to see the point. It's not about the fan even if you're paying your money to watch it's about the KIDS PLAYING ON THE FIELD AND SIDELINES! Can you not understand that concept? To tell the truth I didn't like the idea but when I saw the players reaction it brought a new understanding to me that THEY are the program and we root for them because if not for the players do we have a reason to watch or attend? Let's end this now!

I thought the black facemask and black stripe on either side of the orange stripe on the helmet looked awesome. I wonder how that would look with our traditional uni. I hope they make a mini-helmet with that color combo because if so, I'm buying one.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolunteerNut
I have to admit I was all for them when we started talking about them and even when I first saw them. The helmets were a disappointment but it just didn’t have the same feel, for me, watching my beloved Orange and White. I get the kids love them, and they’re the ones working their tails off so let them have them…but I didn’t like the black today.

This is the oddest post ever. We beat the brakes off a team. That is why it didn't feel the same. The uniforms were great. Team LOVED them. That is what this is all about.

This is the oddest post ever. We beat the brakes off a team. That is why it didn't feel the same. The uniforms were great. Team LOVED them. That is what this is all about.
No no. That was a great thing. I loved the game! Just didn’t care for the uniforms. That’s all it was. Didn’t make the victory any less sweet. But that game made me realize that I prefer to see them in orange or white. Nothing more. I do realize my preference means nothing but I still have one.

No no. That was a great thing. I loved the game! Just didn’t care for the uniforms. That’s all it was. Didn’t make the victory any less sweet. But that game made me realize that I prefer to see them in orange or white. Nothing more. I do realize my preference means nothing but I still have one.

I loved the black unis. I don't want to see them more than once per year, but I like them.

VN Store

Back