Here's to the " NASTY BLACK" uniforms

VOLnMiami

When they are out there in those black uni's they just don't look like Tennessee...The young people like them for whatever reason but they looked terrible....It's just not Tennessee....I'm sure the school loves them because they generate extra income but Gahhh..

Hunerwadel

Will Work for Thai Stick
When they get the black helmets in, it's gonna look really, really sharp especially if they go with orange face masks.
Black helmets would help. We should only wear black at night though. Sunlight reflects oddly sometimes off our particular color of orange. The black made the uniforms look garish to me.

GoVols64

Corona Viral
Did y’all see the players when those were rolled out!? Who cares what we like if the kids love it and it’s fun let them have it.

I love the O&W. I get made fun of because nearly everything I wear has something orange in it and I’m good with that.

Bottom line let the kids in the field have fun and get over ourselves. Go Vols!!!

Indianrick

They looked stupid with the white helmets. Our colors are orange and white, not black and orange and white. Dump the black.
Yeah, tell that to the baseball team and the band and watch the tuba player kick your butt, lol
Black was our original color, now don't get me wrong I love the Orange and white, but the black uniforms , the players loved.

AshG

Easy target
Yeah, tell that to the baseball team and the band and watch the tuba player kick your butt, lol
Black was our original color, now don't get me wrong I love the Orange and white, but the black uniforms , the players loved.
The band uniforms actually use a really deep navy as their base; it just looks black from further away than 6 feet.

And as an alumnus of the tuba section, I can guarantee one of us would kick someone's butt. I marched with at least three during my time at Tennessee who were former active duty armed services.

AshG

Easy target
My inflation-adjusted $0.02:

Tradition without history and understanding is just a habit. I used to be die-hard that the only thing that should change about the uniforms should be the materials they're made of and the names above the numerals on back. Not so much anymore.

My personal preferences do not trump those of the young men actually playing the game. It's about them after all, not me.

Jauan't Some?

They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.
It struck me as odd and frankly a little sad to be rolling out an alternate uniform for a noon kickoff on ESPN2. I like the idea but I feel like rocking those bad boys under the lights would have been more flattering. And black helmets next time, if ever, please.

cgrish

I have to admit I was all for them when we started talking about them and even when I first saw them. The helmets were a disappointment but it just didn’t have the same feel, for me, watching my beloved Orange and White. I get the kids love them, and they’re the ones working their tails off so let them have them…but I didn’t like the black today.
I like orange and white, this is traditional UT colors. The big orange of Tn.

VN Store