Here is reality. We let UF put up 600 yards….

Too many people looking on the surface at the stats.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, there were a lot of garbage time, hollow stats. Let’s keep this in mind we had several 3rd down stops, providing 4th down. But Billy Napier went for it on all of them but one of them, even from the negative side of the field. He knew he had to, to keep up, or to minimize our opportunities. Missed tackles by players who were in position cause drives to continue. Execution was a problem absolutely but game plan had players in position.

In terms of the open receivers, that was the plan we were playing zone so DBs are facing the QB to prevent him from running wild. Which is why minimal man was played. We said he was going to have to beat us. They didn’t really have any big plays. We made them earn it and work their way down the field.

And normal coaches wouldn’t have went for it on 4th basically every drive. Now I agree that our defense needs to be better. But I’m just saying the stats are a little misleading.

Florida was incredibly fortunate that it wasn’t any worse. We took our foot off the gas late and they almost punished us.

I agree with you. Actually that is the one thing I did not like about the whole game, I wished we would have kept running the same offense especially the last series we had, because I believe we could have scored, they hadn't been able to really stop us all night, and the score would have been a much wider margin.

Reactions: RockyTop140
This is a sub par Florida team that Kentucky has already beaten in Gainsville, they are a middle of the road SEC team with a new coach who has zero power 5 conference head coaching experience. Georgia will embarrass Florida,

Have not seen measurable improvement on the defense from game one and the Ball State crowd moving the ball around the field.

The upper tier teams in the SEC actually play good defense, not sure why this is so hard of a concept for Heupel to understand and work on, with this type of defense, New Year's Day Florida Bowl is the ceiling, Larry Slade and Sal Sunseri would fit right in

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
We lucked up and beat them. That was a piss poo performance. No one should be happy, we should expect more. The bar should be higher.
Less than two seasons into Heupel’s tenure? I would submit that we are ahead of schedule. Need more defensive talent and depth and then we can talk about bars. After 15 years of wandering in the desert, I’m just happy with wins. And especially against a team where we’ve recently gone 1 and 16. Some of you people are off the charts silly.

Reactions: TennTom
Too many people looking on the surface at the stats.

Stats don’t tell the whole story, there were a lot of garbage time, hollow stats. Let’s keep this in mind we had several 3rd down stops, providing 4th down. But Billy Napier went for it on all of them but one of them, even from the negative side of the field. He knew he had to, to keep up, or to minimize our opportunities. Missed tackles by players who were in position cause drives to continue. Execution was a problem absolutely but game plan had players in position.

In terms of the open receivers, that was the plan we were playing zone so DBs are facing the QB to prevent him from running wild. Which is why minimal man was played. We said he was going to have to beat us. They didn’t really have any big plays. We made them earn it and work their way down the field.

And normal coaches wouldn’t have went for it on 4th basically every drive. Now I agree that our defense needs to be better. But I’m just saying the stats are a little misleading.

I totally agree, fla coach knew he had to score points to have a chance, he played to win, not play close. He played to win even if 4th down didn't work for him. He knew that was his only chance to win.

Less than two seasons into Heupel’s tenure? I would submit that we are ahead of schedule. Need more defensive talent and depth and then we can talk about bars. After 15 years of wandering in the desert, I’m just happy with wins. And especially against a team where we’ve recently gone 1 and 16. Some of you people are off the charts silly.

Yes, we have now beat 2 ranked teams this year, how long has it been since we have done that?

What is absolutely puzzling to me is instead of trashing our kids on defense, how about realizing that we very possibly can outscore most if not every opponent this year and keep us winning while our coaches recruit the defensive talent that we need for the future.
Honest question. When recruits see our current DBs looking lost, do they say " Hey, I want to be coached by the coaches that are coaching a defense that is allowing record stats every game?" I mean how do you sell that to a recruit?

Reactions: TartanTurff
Think about the Florida fans right now. They have to be feeling like we have so many times coming so close but coming up short. It finally clicks for Richardson but they still lose, to an East rival. They are probably furious at the their DC. Can’t believe they lost to UT. Looking to fire Napier.

It’s all about perspective. We came out in the right side of this game, freaking enjoy it.

Or don't..... they're all idiots

VN Store

Back