Here is reality. We let UF put up 600 yards….

This game has and always will have one metric that matters. A win. We rarely, in my adult life, beat Florida. I don’t care if it’s 3-0 or 48-47 or even a blowout. We have got to start winning games and figure out the rest later. So far in Year 2 which is the first fair measuring stick, Huepel is 4-0 with 2 ranked wins. One on the road. These are the games we’ve lost in the past, and we didn’t. Instead of having 2 red flags on a resume like the last 3 coaches at this point in the year, Huepel is cooking with gas.

The defense has to get better. Period.

Our secondary and LB pass defense. Not sure that's going to happen this year.

I'm happy with everything else.

Rodriguez was more mobile than most QBs we will face. I was fine with the pressure.

The defense has to get better. Period.
The other reality is we should be thanking White, Heupel, and the players for putting together something that could take us from a 3 win corrupt season to a 4-0 start with wins against Pitt & Florida in 1.25 seasons. We should not get ahead of that, but certainly should not forget and under appreciate that and the growth we have seen in so many areas.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Why does this have to be a binary thing? Can we not simultaneously be elated with finally beating a team that has freaking owned us for a quarter of a century and also be concerned about the defense (primarily the secondary) going forward? And for the record, I think Banks' gameplan was sound. We sold out to stop the run and dared Richardson to beat us with his arm. That's the best percentage play. Unfortunately, the Good Richardson showed up. He made some terrific throws under heavy pressure. And yes, our secondary is the most glaring team weakness, but throwing Banks under the bus is asinine. He's doing the best he can with what he's got. Florida certainly didn't run it down our throats.
You said it the best way my friend!

Anyone that doesn't think this D needs better coaching doesn't understand that you can have a weakness that you COACH around....

TN isn't seeing that on D

Why does this have to be a binary thing? Can we not simultaneously be elated with finally beating a team that has freaking owned us for a quarter of a century and also be concerned about the defense (primarily the secondary) going forward? And for the record, I think Banks' gameplan was sound. We sold out to stop the run and dared Richardson to beat us with his arm. That's the best percentage play. Unfortunately, the Good Richardson showed up. He made some terrific throws under heavy pressure. And yes, our secondary is the most glaring team weakness, but throwing Banks under the bus is asinine. He's doing the best he can with what he's got. Florida certainly didn't run it down our throats.

Good post. Richardson deserves some credit. He played great. What would the final score have been if he doesn’t make a perfect throw down the field on 4th & 2 from their own 27? They were down 10 at the time. Or the laser he threw on 3rd & 14 scramble drill, down 17 at the time.

VN Store

Back