Here is reality. We let UF put up 600 yards….

Tenn doesn't need to be the '85 Bears just a serviceable defense, tonight was a train wreck 95% of the game. Too many 3rd & 4th and long conversions, poor coverage/tackling, and very little QB pressure.

I hope coaches don’t point out what needs fixing in practice because they will be negative and not true coaches. Fans aren’t allowed to observe or have expectations either
You just pointed out the biggest difference between coaches and fans. Coaches jobs are to correct mistakes and develop players. Fans are there to support the team, not be a part of the team. People seem to forget that.

Reactions: Delmar
First off, let's be happy about the win. We played our trails off, but so did they. Hats off to them, but even sweeter to get the win without playing as well as we could've.

Second, I think it is time to stop disrespecting Warren Burrell. I'm not saying he's great by any means, but he's far better than what we put out there today. Hadden remains pretty good, but didn't have a great game today overall. Charles had moments, but was pretty awful for most of the time. Rucker and Turnage were not good either. Hopefully Dee Williams can get healthy as well for some extra competition back there.

This was the game where I hoped the defense would take a step up.

They didn't..... 😳
We just don't have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. No offense to the kid, but when you have to start a player like Flowers, you're really limited in what you can do. We've got some younger players who will be much better, but until they're ready, we'll have to get used to our corners playing 10 yards off the ball and our safety Flowers getting trucked on a regular basis. Having said that, if we can improve our angles and wrapping up, it would help immensely.

We just don't have a lot of talent on that side of the ball. No offense to the kid, but when you have to start a player like Flowers, you're really limited in what you can do. We've got some younger players who will be much better, but until they're ready, we'll have to get used to our corners playing 10 yards off the ball and our safety Flowers getting trucked on a regular basis. Having said that, if we can improve our angles and wrapping up, it would help immensely.
Agreed. I definitely don't mean to knock them. They play hard, but they have a ways to go and need better talent..

Entire team needs work. We nearly lost to Pitt's hobbled backup QB who wasn't even able to play the following week he was so injured and we struggled way too much with another injured QB who was like a 50% passer coming in to this game. Offense is outstanding generally and Hendon Hooker deserves all the praise he gets, but there are times where our offense just craps on itself either with penalties, mediocre blocking in the run game or Hendon will occasionally miss a layup pass(which I give him a pass for in general because he's so great 99.9% of the time, but when that mishap is added on to by the penalties, occasional run game issues, or even a weird turnover or drop, it can certainly get troubling).

Now the offense occasionally crapping itself wouldn't be a problem if our defense didn't let injured QBs who are mediocre at best when healthy play like all-stars against them, or if our special teams didn't muff a punt or blow onside kick coverage.

I'm glad we get a bye before starting the upcoming gauntlet of games because those issues need to be fixed. If we're letting the QBs we have faced in our P5 matchups do what they did, we don't even want to think about facing Bryce Young, Will Levis and Stetson Bennett.

Always incredible to get a win vs Florida, but disappointing to see us still struggle to completely stomp an opponent out when we have them on the ropes and make things far more difficult for ourselves than they should be.

Hendon can take us so far if our defense could just be consistently average.

I'm going to make an admission. If there is a young man you pull for on another team it's a young man like Richardson. He seemingly has very good character. I just wanted him to have a bad game against the Vols.

The reality is, Florida‘s players are really talented. That can’t be ignored. They always elevate their game when they play us. I wish we could do the same to them more consistently.

Won't always be the case. Defense has got to get better. That's embarrassing....AR threw for 453 yards, and y'all are like, we won.
But we did win. This is next step to get this program where we'd all like to see. I can't remember the last game v them that I expected to win, as opposed to think " I hope we win".....enjoy being 4-0.

Tenn doesn't need to be the '85 Bears just a serviceable defense, tonight was a train wreck 95% of the game. Too many 3rd & 4th and long conversions, poor coverage/tackling, and very little QB pressure.

Coverage and tackling was obviously unacceptable, but I actually think we got decent pressure. We had 13 QB hurries and hit him quite a bit, but Richardson was able to stay out of sacks using his athleticism. We had him dead to rights a couple times and he just barely escaped or flicked the ball away.

We were rolling when the TE fumbled. We were rolling again when the TE dropped a 1st down. It should have and could have been much worse for them
The Gators were backed up deep on 3rd and long and ran for the first down…. right after that in the same drive Richardson should have been called for international grounding but wasn’t… either stop and the Vols would have gashed them and gone up BIG

We lucked up and beat them. That was a piss poo performance. No one should be happy, we should expect more. The bar should be higher.
LOL. I am so f'n happy. Do somethin about it if you don't like it. And you know what else? Some years FL just beat us by 1 pt, 2 pts, 1 Td ... but nobody remembers anything but a w for them, L for us. But this year ... the other way round. Damn right I'm happy. Bec mon chou.

Reactions: VAVol85
The Gators were backed up deep on 3rd and long and ran for the first down…. right after that in the same drive Richardson should have been called for international grounding but wasn’t… either stop and the Vols would have gashed them and gone up BIG
International grounding sounds like a serious penalty

VN Store

Back