Henry To'oto'o insta QB change?

It’s pretty simple, when your “game manager little mistakes qb” starts making mistakes regularly. which is costing you games, and you have kids on this team that

A. Come from championship “winner” backgrounds
B. Feel this team is close to being that level.

It’s probably very difficult to not see it being uncomfortable in the locker room. And that doesn’t mean there needs to be a split, but it shouldn’t shock people that these dudes spend a lot of time together and emotions get high especially when you are losing in embarrassing fashion.

It shows a public disapproval of the QB by the leader of the defense.

I ain't saying it's a bad thing but clearly causes a house divided.

Defense is sick of the offense causing them to lose and then a D line coach gets fired which will upset many D players and they will question why an O coach wasn't fired.

Anyone who has played sports has dealt with opposing factions in a locker room and this can cause a team to fall apart from within.
The players want to win. They believe they cannot do that with JG as QB. If Pruitt keeps forcing him out there, he’s done as head coach.

No offense, but Al would have already whooped somebody’s ass to make sure Pruitt understood what was next if he didn’t shape up.
He didn’t beat up Peyton...just told him to get out of the defensive meeting in the locker room. Physical and verbal leader.

Not sure I have ever seen anything like this. Players on your own team..NOT FANS, but other teammates calling for the other guy.

Again. Why is this even a thing??

It's Pruitt...

How could he mess up so bad to put his own team in this type of position to lash out PUBLICLY?

Yeah...screw it. I'm ready for him to get gone...GUMP!!!

Reactions: UTwild82 and 08Vol
Sorry but I just listened to Hubbs and AP. They said Pruitt stated JG is the starter against Bama and moving forward. So Pruitt seems set on screwing this team over. Oh well. I had high hopes for Pruitt.

CJP is going to himself fired if he keeps going with JG.

He didn’t beat up Peyton...just told him to get out of the defensive meeting in the locker room. Physical and verbal leader.
Yea he also basically threatened to whoop the entire teams ass in ‘98 if they didn’t beat FL.

It was an overall point, Henry is the undisputed leader, it’s his team. If he disagrees with Pruitt, he needs to go talk to him man to man. Doesn’t mean anything putting post on social media.

Reactions: Tnphil
Yea he also basically threatened to whoop the entire teams ass in ‘98 if they didn’t beat FL.

It was an overall point, Henry is the undisputed leader, it’s his team. If he disagrees with Pruitt, he needs to go talk to him man to man. Doesn’t mean anything putting post on social media.
Luckily Al didn’t have that temptation to endure in his day.

Maybe he already has

I think you are misreading his post. I think Pruitt has made the change and he is wishing Bailey good luck. As far as the players quitting, I don’t think they do it intentionally, but mentally they feel the game is over. Just like momentum, you can’t explain it, but mentally you play harder and faster. Any thoughts that Pruitt will be fired are just thoughts. Financially Tenn cannot afford it, and no way he doesn’t get a minimum of 4 or 5 years to get things going. I posted Sat night I thought Pruitt could lose the team if he didn’t make a change. If I can see that, I am certain he does. The other side is what happens if Pruitt is correct and the games get out of hand very early, how do you handle the team. Not easy being the head man. Lots of people lives and futures are dependent on you. Much easier to make decisions in the stands. I do think the entire team will look better with a good QB.

Coach dismissed, fired, leaves, whatever the situation is. Players putting pics of a backup QB on social media with fingers crossed.

Not sure exactly what all is going on with this program, but at the very least the optics are terrible.

VN Store

Back