Henry T staying...

Been here 3 yrs and recruited a class for 2. Coached and played young guys for 2 years and then had the COVID year in which no spring and a shortened fall practice. I seriously don’t get what ppl don’t understand here. Last season was a wash. You had whole position groups out at a time several times which hurt bad. Some schools had it worse than other and aunt is one of them.

I can’t believe any coach got fired this year. This wasn’t a normal year for College football. No spring ball, players missing practice and games. Not a normal year for recruiting for D1 schools unless you are a D2,D3,or a NAIA school. My son has got to visit some D3 schools.

I can’t believe any coach got fired this year. This wasn’t a normal year for College football. No spring ball, players missing practice and games. Not a normal year for recruiting for D1 schools unless you are a D2,D3,or a NAIA school. My son has got to visit some D3 schools.
Cream rose and crap sank. 2020 Bama is already being called the greatest ever by many pundits. Like any season, teams had a chance to go either way.

still lost to GA State. Excuse for that? do you understand what 3-7 is? Last season is a wash is weak excuse.

Again 3-7 in the covid season and all the obstacles is a wash and I'm not going bk and forth. Learn the intricacies of loss of Spr and Fall practice with a young team, trying to replace the worst qb in school history, trying to find OL chemistry, and so on with whole position groups being in quarantine due to contact tracing and covid situations most won't be able to over come that. Not making excuses but these are facts. Even the great medical institution of Vanderbilt couldn't hide from the pandemic and couldn't kp enough players well and out of quarantine so how could UT when East TN was covid central and idiots weren't wearing mask. Its kinda hard to practice without the entire OL, Rbs, or qb room. GA St the brought a transfer heavy Sr based team in and physical whooped the young puppies as did BYU. If you knew anything about football a more experienced, stronger group 8 out if 10x will win. Many if you talking based on the 90s UT brand are fools. This is the 2k UT that hasn't been good and won't until we have patience with a coach and allow him trial and error. 3 yrs is just not enough time to rebuild and be ready to compete in the SEC. I'm sure you forget we had zero OT bodies 3 yrs ago and had to start 2 true Freshmen. Remember a C playing OT and giving up 5 sacks in a game prior to CJP arrival? I mean if yawl stop being spoiled ass desperate brats and break down the team then maybe we could talk true football.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Do you know of possible candidates for Qb coach and what do you think of Osovet’s value on offense here or is he likely to leave?

Osovet is a good asset but with Chaney he's not a need but a added piece. With Helton he was a need because Helton was fresh and fake due to being covered up by his brother at USC. Here's the thing if you get a really good OL coach then Chaney can focus on Qb. Move Nieds if he is cleared bk to TE/Sp Tm and CJG at Rbs and Tee at Wrs. Solid staff and on Defense Gardner DL, Steele LBs, Ansley and CJP Cbs and S

Last edited:
Odometer is a good asset but with Chaney he's not a need but a added piece. With Helton he was a need because Helton was fresh and fake due to being covered up by his brother at USC. Here's the thing if you get a really good OL coach then Chaney can focus on Qb. Move Nieds if he is cleared bk to TE/Sp Tm and CJG at Rbs and Tee at Wrs. Solid staff and on Defense Gardner DL, Steele LBs, Ansley and CJP Cbs and S
Looks like a good chance two or three of the staff listed here will not be back. So you predict Osovet will not be here?

Osovet is a good asset but with Chaney he's not a need but a added piece. With Helton he was a need because Helton was fresh and fake due to being covered up by his brother at USC. Here's the thing if you get a really good OL coach then Chaney can focus on Qb. Move Nieds if he is cleared bk to TE/Sp Tm and CJG at Rbs and Tee at Wrs. Solid staff and on Defense Gardner DL, Steele LBs, Ansley and CJP Cbs and S
Gardner? Et tu de1...et tu? 😥

Again 3-7 in the covid season and all the obstacles is a wash and I'm not going bk and forth. Learn the intricacies of loss of Spr and Fall practice with a young team, trying to replace the worst qb in school history, trying to find OL chemistry, and so on with whole position groups being in quarantine due to contact tracing and covid situations most won't be able to over come that. Not making excuses but these are facts. Even the great medical institution of Vanderbilt couldn't hide from the pandemic and couldn't kp enough players well and out of quarantine so how could UT when East TN was covid central and idiots weren't wearing mask. Its kinda hard to practice without the entire OL, Rbs, or qb room. GA St the brought a transfer heavy Sr based team in and physical whooped the young puppies as did BYU. If you knew anything about football a more experienced, stronger group 8 out if 10x will win. Many if you talking based on the 90s UT brand are fools. This is the 2k UT that hasn't been good and won't until we have patience with a coach and allow him trial and error. 3 yrs is just not enough time to rebuild and be ready to compete in the SEC. I'm sure you forget we had zero OT bodies 3 yrs ago and had to start 2 true Freshmen. Remember a C playing OT and giving up 5 sacks in a game prior to CJP arrival? I mean if yawl stop being spoiled ass desperate brats and break down the team then maybe we could talk true football.[/QUOTE I suppose covid only impacted UT. We know what we have had and hadn’t had over on the Hill. Your whole post sounds like an excuse making whine fest.

Again there's a reason the bowl games were accepting 3-7 and many other losing records, but I guess you missed that. Big 12 still played non conference games and Big10 only played limited games and a championship. Covid had only 5 teams in the SEC with 6 wins or more lmao and you want to kp talking? Talk facts or move around please. This season was a wash due to all the missing this game, this practice 10 days here 14 days there by both players and coaches in case you missed that note for the 10 wks and bowl season. Like I said before to rebuild a program in the SEC it will take a full 5 yrs. Its brutal and rough. I guess you forget 7-5 and a bowl win the season before with a young roster huh? I dgaf who the wins were against. We DO NOT have Alabama, aU, LSU, UGA, or FLA roster. So you couldn't afford the missed practices and games.

Again there's a reason the bowl games were accepting 3-7 and many other losing records, but I guess you missed that. Big 12 still played non conference games and Big10 only played limited games and a championship. Covid had only 5 teams in the SEC with 6 wins or more lmao and you want to kp talking? Talk facts or move around please. This season was a wash due to all the missing this game, this practice 10 days here 14 days there by both players and coaches in case you missed that note for the 10 wks and bowl season. Like I said before to rebuild a program in the SEC it will take a full 5 yrs. Its brutal and rough. I guess you forget 7-5 and a bowl win the season before with a young roster huh? I dgaf who the wins were against. We DO NOT have Alabama, aU, LSU, UGA, or FLA roster. So you couldn't afford the missed practices and games.
of course u don’t care who they were against. 5 year rebuild to compete with Vandy etc will be fine I guess? we will have to wait and see how it turns out next year? and if next year is bad.. then what.... sorry that’s year 4 it’s a wash too.

From a roster perspective, things look promising. If you can fire Pruitt with a reduced buyout and put Steele / Ansley in place to run your defense with billy Napier or Hugh Freeze as the head man and leading the offense, Tennessee wins 10 games next year.
Ha Ha

From a roster perspective, things look promising. If you can fire Pruitt with a reduced buyout and put Steele / Ansley in place to run your defense with billy Napier or Hugh Freeze as the head man and leading the offense, Tennessee wins 10 games next year.
This is insanity.

Agreed. We have 3 easy out of conference games. Of course, we did lose to Ga St. But assuming we win those, plus Vandy and probably S Car that gets us 5. Pitt, Ole Miss, at Kentucky, and at Mizz are all iffy. And the 3 major games are all well out of reach.

UF may be winnable if we find an offense. Trask is gone and their defense wasn’t anything special. UGA and Bama would be tough to upset; completely agree.

Jeremy Pruitt 2021 or Neyland burns he ain't getting fired so GET REAL AND HOP ONBOARD! How can y'all not get excited when we are in great shape roster wise?

Been here 3 yrs and recruited a class for 2. Coached and played young guys for 2 years and then had the COVID year in which no spring and a shortened fall practice. I seriously don’t get what ppl don’t understand here. Last season was a wash. You had whole position groups out at a time several times which hurt bad. Some schools had it worse than other and aunt is one of them.

This is weak. Every team in the NCAA has had to deal with the pandemic. Using it as the crutch for why you're team underperformed is soft. Expectations for this season were not unreasonable, even during the pandemic. Fans would have been fine with 5-5 or 6-4, even if it meant another year not beating anyone worth their salt. Even with a pandemic, losing to Kentucky at home by an historic margin, losing all 7 games by double digits, setting new Tennessee records for most losses IN A ROW by double digits, etc. This cannot just be explained away by a pandemic, and people defending the coaching job done this season will do the same when we go 5-7 or 6-6 next year, too.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
UF may be winnable if we find an offense. Trask is gone and their defense wasn’t anything special. UGA and Bama would be tough to upset; completely agree.
I’ll believe we beat one of those 3 teams when it happens. We’ve beaten Fla once in 17 years. And Ga twice in the last 11 years. I’m more infested in beating Kentucky again.

Reactions: GoVols64

VN Store

Back