Henry T staying...

Blind hope. People have been saying he is getting fired for weeks.
The people saying it don’t know squat. My feelings are Phillip still believes he was fired too soon, whether that’s true or not I won’t speculate. He hates Mike Hamilton and refuses to follow Hamilton’s template.

Reactions: kcvols1
I agree. But my answer still stands. With expectations very low, for next season, 9 or 10 wins would save his job. That being said, there is a snowball's chance in Hell of that happening.

This is assuming Pruitt is still the HC this year

AND LOSING 3 OF THE FOLLOWING

- A non P5 or FBS team
- To Pitt at home
- To Ole Miss team at home (2nd year coach who inherited a mess)
- To a 2nd year Mizzou coach who inherited a mess
- Consecutive losses to UK
- Vandy
- USCe at home
I think they can lose 3 of those easily. In fact, 4 . They'll have to play like they did this year to lose 5 of those.

Besides Morris we haven’t lost any significant players. Coaches are being replaced. So again, what do those losses have to do with this year?

Look at our recruiting rankings before season and now. That absolutely impacts the talent level on next years team.

The people saying it don’t know squat. My feelings are Phillip still believes he was fired too soon, whether that’s true or not I won’t speculate. He hates Mike Hamilton and refuses to follow Hamilton’s template.

I agree. I know I don’t know anything about this situation and nobody else on here does either. I think it’s just what people want or think they want. I believe Fulmer was fired too soon and in the wrong fashion. But it doesn’t seem like he has what it takes to be an effective AD.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
They might tell them Pruitt aint going anywhere
They probably already knew that
More likely to reassure them that the internal investigation is not going to effect them.
Uncle Bill and Auntie Mary still loves them and will continue with the monthly birthday presents.

I agree. But my answer still stands. With expectations very low, for next season, 9 or 10 wins would save his job. That being said, there is a snowball's chance in Hell of that happening. I think, at best, we go 5-7. 2-6 in conference.
Agreed. We have 3 easy out of conference games. Of course, we did lose to Ga St. But assuming we win those, plus Vandy and probably S Car that gets us 5. Pitt, Ole Miss, at Kentucky, and at Mizz are all iffy. And the 3 major games are all well out of reach.

Agreed. We have 3 easy out of conference games. Of course, we did lose to Ga St. But assuming we win those, plus Vandy and probably S Car that gets us 5. Pitt, Ole Miss, at Kentucky, and at Mizz are all iffy. And the 3 major games are all well out of reach.
Get some confidence going and we could have a decent year.

From a roster perspective, things look promising. If you can fire Pruitt with a reduced buyout and put Steele / Ansley in place to run your defense with billy Napier or Hugh Freeze as the head man and leading the offense, Tennessee wins 10 games next year.
Pruitt just needs to focus on defense.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Can we not root for the man to be successful? Without all of the Bullsh*t negativity? We won’t be Alabama all of a sudden with a new Coach. The coaching searches every few years suck. Sit back, Suck it up and let the man work. Damn...
So did Dooley deserve more time? We knew. He was given year 3 with 7 new assistants. Fail. Butch reshuffled most of his staff after 2016. Fail.

I can’t speak for anyone else. I want to win. But i have very little confidence he is the man to get us there. No one is expecting a playoff berth. But we are tied for 10th in the SEC since expanding to 14 teams. And our expectations seem to match those results. Truly sad.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back