Henry T staying...

How did Pruitt’s sale’s pitch go? I’d be willing to bet one of 2 things were said..

1. I’ll be back next season. Or...

2. Tennessee is a great place and I have confidence the next coach will develop you better than I did.

Let’s hope it’s #2.

So what do you believe is a "job saving" record for Pruitt next season?
Considering there isn't much in the way of expectations......9-4 or 10-3. Closing out strong by beating someone senseless in a bowl game.

Considering there isn't much in the way of expectations......9-4 or 10-3. Closing out strong by beating someone senseless in a bowl game.
Why are we wasting our time, then? We just lost to an Arkansas team that beat two other teams. And suffered the worst loss to Kentucky since before Neyland.

Steele is a nice addition. He probably has more Tennessee HS recruiting contacts than the entire staff combined. But we are looking at changing out at least half the staff. 9 regular season wins wouldn’t happen if we played a 16 game regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbear01
You're gonna be embarrassed. I just read from a couple different posters on here, with real connections, not only eill Pruitt not be fired, but he'll end up as one of the greatest coaches in UT history. Go ahead and put your name on the check, cause that ibfo is money. Came straight from the only believable football thread around.

Haha what? As one of the greatest coaches in UT history 😂. Where’s that peace pipe?

After all of the turmoil, staff turnover and backstabbing that has been going on; no one should doubt for a second that Pruitt wants to be here and he is fighting to succeed.

Though I’m doubtful that he has what it takes to turn it around; I’m rooting for him. There would not be a better comeback story.

Why are we wasting our time, then? We just lost to an Arkansas team that best two other teams. And suffered the worst loss to Kentucky since before Neyland.

Steele is a nice addition. He probably has more Tennessee HS recruiting contacts than the entire staff combined. But we are looking at changing out at least half the staff. 9 regular season wins wouldn’t happen if we played a 16 game regular season.

Please explain how last years losses have anything to do with this year.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Why don't y'all give coach Pruitt the fourth year before you worry yourselves about his fifth year. Jesus,ninnies at a quilting bee!

Reactions: coach799
After all of the turmoil, staff turnover and backstabbing that has been going on; no one should doubt for a second that Pruitt wants to be here and he is fighting to succeed.

Though I’m doubtful that he has what it takes to turn it around; I’m rooting for him. There would not be a better comeback story.
He definitely wants to be here.
I Don’t think he has what it takes. Hope I’m wrong because I’m very confident that a change isn’t going to be made.
I wish my university cared as much about winning as we all do.

6-6 would entail

Losing big 3 to move to 0-12 against them

AND LOSING 3 OF THE FOLLOWING

- A non P5 or FBS team
- To Pitt at home
- To Ole Miss team at home (2nd year coach who inherited a mess)
- To a 2nd year Mizzou coach who inherited a mess
- Consecutive losses to UK
- Vandy
- USCe at home

He definitely wants to be here.
I Don’t think he has what it takes. Hope I’m wrong because I’m very confident that a change isn’t going to be made.
I wish my university cared as much about winning as we all do.

I disagree about him wanting to be here. But you are right about the university. It doesn’t care about winning and it shows.

If Tennessee goes 6-5 or 7-5 Jeremy Pruitt will be around for a lot longer because Phil Fulmer will think he's turning the football program around from what it was in 2020.
You are correct. Pruitt will get the 22 season too with a 6-6 record or better the administration has accepted that kind of mediocrity for too long now. Going 8-4 is like 12-2 to them now it’s pathetic.

Why are we wasting our time, then? We just lost to an Arkansas team that best two other teams. And suffered the worst loss to Kentucky since before Neyland.

I agree. But my answer still stands. With expectations very low, for next season, 9 or 10 wins would save his job. That being said, there is a snowball's chance in Hell of that happening. I think, at best, we go 5-7. 2-6 in conference.

VN Store

Back