Hendon Hooker QB Transfer from VT

Not a bad transfer to have. He reminds me somewhat of Dobbs. After watching that video, I’m left wondering does VT even field a defense?

Who cares what Rivals thinks. They are the ones who rated him a 4-star. We can watch video and make our own decisions if he can help us or not.
I hope he does great. I'm just not that excited about him. He basically got benched after they got blown out by Pitt this season. He came in vs Clemson for like a handful of plays and got sacked and fumbled twice and then he didn't play at all the last game. When the 2nd string qb that took over got hurt Virginia Tech went to the 3rd string instead of Hooker.

Most of us are excited. It’s ok to be in the minority I guess. He definitely makes the Qb room stronger even if he doesn’t win the starting Job.
This guy can ball. Gonna go on a limb and say our WRs and RBs will be a class up for him to have around him. If our OL can get a clue....this offense maybe fun to watch for once since 2016.

I hope he does great. I'm just not that excited about him. He basically got benched after they got blown out by Pitt this season. He came in vs Clemson for like a handful of plays and got sacked and fumbled twice and then he didn't play at all the last game. When the 2nd string qb that took over got hurt Virginia Tech went to the 3rd string instead of Hooker.
I just checked his stats. Looks like he started several games in a row and was pulled in the Clemson game 12/5 because of a documented possible medical issue and did not see action again. I think you are providing a little bit of misleading information here.

Seems like a talented runner. Longer strider like Dobbs. Not as fast as Dobbs, but has more twitch. The VT offense is easier to pass out of with the read options holding the defense, so there’s less combo routes the QB has to read. Decent arm, but might have a tendency to lock onto one WR from the clips I saw. Good pickup and interesting to know we want a real dual threat QB.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I've watched him quite a bit. He is ok, but he lost his starting job the last couple of games. He really isn't what people are trying to make him out to be.

He lost his job because Fuente is a ****ing idiot. I have cousins in the Roanoke area, big VT fans and I can assure you they absolutely wanted this kid to be the guy. I’ve texted them about it since I heard the news he was leaving, before I even knew he was going to UT, and while they are bummed he left they don’t blame him at all because Fuente was fumbling around with the QB room. As far as development, they don’t have any faith in Fuente developing Jack **** but you don’t necessarily have to “develop,” this kind of player. Look at his measurements; 6’4 220. You can’t develop the speed he has and you can’t coach that strength. He’s what is referred to as a freak athlete. And you can’t knock him for playing in the ACC this year. . . Did you see the defenses in the SEC? Dude would have ran all over Florida’s defense I’ll tell you that. And to those knocking him for a bad Clemson game, well that happens to pretty much every QB against Clemson over the last 3-5 years minus like 3 so. . . I can assure that some very hardcore VT fans are bummed he is leaving and think UT got a really solid player.

Dobbs and Kamara fumbled multiple times vs Texas A&M....otherwise we beat them by 21 that year. Just saying.
Hooker appeared in 11 games with 8 starts in 2019, compiling 1555 yards, 13 touchdowns, a 61% completion percentage, and only 2 interceptions another 356 rushing yards and 5 more touchdowns on the ground.
He appeared in 8 games and started 7 of them in 2020. He racked up 1339 yards, 9 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions with a 65% completion percentage. Hooker added 620 yards and 9 touchdowns as a runner.
I don’t give a damn that is pure productivity from the QB position. With a sketchy offensive line this is the perfect type of QB to have. Defenses have to prepare for the threat of him busting a broken play for 30 yds on his feet...like Dobbs. Now they can’t just pin their ears back and come full house on us. DBs will have to think and react helping our WRs get open....best thing that could happen for us with the train wreck offense we fielded this year.
Plus having a solid experienced QB on the roster for a coaching change makes it more appealing of a job. With our WRs, RBs, and a proven QB there is something to work with on offense right away.
Kelley had a horrendous fumble that game as well. In CHRIST Alone

He lost his job because Fuente is a ****ing idiot. I have cousins in the Roanoke area, big VT fans and I can assure you they absolutely wanted this kid to be the guy. I’ve texted them about it since I heard the news he was leaving, before I even knew he was going to UT, and while they are bummed he left they don’t blame him at all because Fuente was fumbling around with the QB room. As far as development, they don’t have any faith in Fuente developing Jack **** but you don’t necessarily have to “develop,” this kind of player. Look at his measurements; 6’4 220. You can’t develop the speed he has and you can’t coach that strength. He’s what is referred to as a freak athlete. And you can’t knock him for playing in the ACC this year. . . Did you see the defenses in the SEC? Dude would have ran all over Florida’s defense I’ll tell you that. And to those knocking him for a bad Clemson game, well that happens to pretty much every QB against Clemson over the last 3-5 years minus like 3 so. . . I can assure that some very hardcore VT fans are bummed he is leaving and think UT got a really solid player.

Not all of us... He had his moments of brilliance, but this year he appeared lost at times. Then the "I'm cold" game... Personally I think Burmeister was the better QB this year. I wish him well, I have nothing against Hendon. He's a solid dude, high character. TN will benefit from him being on the team.

This is awesome and all but we got to be asking why he chose to come here.

Does he know things we don't? I mean obviously he would know a lot more than us if UT reached out to him. But what would be the reason him choosing us? Does he know Pruitt is gone or does he know Pruitt is staying here for good and Pruitt has guaranteed him some playing time this season? With all the crap going on including an investigation, how does one choose us right now??

VT is a bit of a dumpster fire too!

Reactions: DULL_BOY

VN Store

Back