Hendon Hooker QB Transfer from VT

Well, none of the QBs have proven anything yet.. Are you saying that we just need 3 QBs? Right now, I think we just have Bailey, Salter & Mauer. How many of those 3 QBs have proven that they can win? Does Mauer have his emotions ironed out? What if someone gets hurt? How many quality QBs do you think a top 20 D1 program needs in any given year?

It doesn’t matter how many quarterbacks we have. We’re only going to get 2 ready to play. Ask coach about it..

Reactions: Border Vol
I'm not sure why you are so anti Bailey. Hooker is a mid level ACC QB and we were probably his only P5 option besides maybe NC St. He struggled this year and couldn't nail down the starting spot. He had a disastrous game vs Clemson where he fumbled multiple times and blamed the cold.
Dobbs and Kamara fumbled multiple times vs Texas A&M....otherwise we beat them by 21 that year. Just saying.
Hooker appeared in 11 games with 8 starts in 2019, compiling 1555 yards, 13 touchdowns, a 61% completion percentage, and only 2 interceptions another 356 rushing yards and 5 more touchdowns on the ground.
He appeared in 8 games and started 7 of them in 2020. He racked up 1339 yards, 9 touchdowns, and 5 interceptions with a 65% completion percentage. Hooker added 620 yards and 9 touchdowns as a runner.
I don’t give a damn that is pure productivity from the QB position. With a sketchy offensive line this is the perfect type of QB to have. Defenses have to prepare for the threat of him busting a broken play for 30 yds on his feet...like Dobbs. Now they can’t just pin their ears back and come full house on us. DBs will have to think and react helping our WRs get open....best thing that could happen for us with the train wreck offense we fielded this year.
Plus having a solid experienced QB on the roster for a coaching change makes it more appealing of a job. With our WRs, RBs, and a proven QB there is something to work with on offense right away.

I'm not sure why you are so anti Bailey. Hooker is a mid level ACC QB and we were probably his only P5 option besides maybe NC St. He struggled this year and couldn't nail down the starting spot. He had a disastrous game vs Clemson where he fumbled multiple times and blamed the cold.
You watched his video? Reminds me of Dobbs.

That's an odd transfer to take with HB entering his Sophomore year, and Salter coming in as a Freshman. This looks like a lack of faith (deservedly so) in Weinke having either of them ready, and more opportunity for QB controversy in 2021.

Bailey will be a freshman again in 2021.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I've watched him quite a bit. He is ok, but he lost his starting job the last couple of games. He really isn't what people are trying to make him out to be.
Most of us are excited. It’s ok to be in the minority I guess. He definitely makes the Qb room stronger even if he doesn’t win the starting Job.

Reactions: lexkyvol

VN Store

Back