Helton Poll - Good Job or Bad Job?

Do you approve of Helton’s job as OC so far?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I keep reading the same theme by some of you. “Helton doesn’t have the talent.” I counter that argument. The great coaches get the best out of the players we have. If our Oline sucks so bad, move the pocket. If JG is having a hard time reading the field, cut it in half. Counter plays to make the linebackers stay honest and prevent the over pursuit.

I hate the man, but Kiffin did wonders with the team he had. His work with Crompton was genius.

I’m not suggesting that UT should have won 9-10 games this season. I am suggesting that our offensive output shouldn’t have been as poor
Perhaps the script could be flipped and he HAS milked every drop of talen possible from the current roster, 0 conference wins a year ago to knocking off 2 ranked conference teams this year....

With our receivers & backs, our offense should be very good BUT. JG is a serviceable QB and not elite and O Line is not talented and has no depth
So I can't get a good read on how Helton is really doubt

Didn't vote because I can't say one way or the other. He doesn't have much to work with. It's like putting Mario Andretti behind the wheel of a Yugo. When the result is less than stellar, who do you blame?

Reactions: bpalmer28
I’ve not seen anything to get excited about. Very poor production in first qtr which leads one to think the staff isn’t good at scheming a first drive. Poor consistency and lack of improvement thru the yr.

I have a question. In Sabans 2nd year at Bama, he went from going 6-6 in his first season to undefeated in the regular season and reaching the SEC Championship game (losing to Florida). How much of that was due to the freshmen he brought on that year?

LeftKlutzyEthiopianwolf-small.gif
Wood

Let's see a show of hands. How many people on here have been a college coach? How many have seen film and helped developed a game plan for each of the Vols 2018 opponents? How many on here played football beyond high school.
I didn't think so. We can have opinions but most of us don't have enough information, knowledge, or expertise to evaluate Helton. As the man says - he wanted to know how the fan base feels.

VN Store

Back