Hello everyone it's time once again to play everyone's favorite game show, RATE THIS CLASS!

indian rick

Hello Vols fans, time to chime on on how YOU would rate this class, where YOU FANS would rank this class and how many stars YOU would give each player. You never know, the next great talent scout may be lurking in the weeds.

Reactions: KeyVol14
I'll break the smart&&& chain and give it a shot: no bad surprises, and no good surprises. Bout what was expected. Addressing some needs, some good kids coming in. No blockbuster flips, and no heartbreaking losses.

That said, to build from where we are to where we want to be, there are going to have to be better days ahead than today. This is a solid class, #15 or so nationally, but it's #2 in the east behind UGA so far and UGA is far ahead of us already.

Mixed bag. I do like the foundational feel to the class, and I like the fact there is no walking down the stairs and placement of bricks. That got old.

GRADE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE (Assumes Gray and Wright)

Middle of the road SEC class. Had some recruiting tailwinds but those was offset by 5-7. Filled some areas of weakness but this doesn't change the short-term trajectory of the program in any significant way. We will have to outcoach, out-develop, and get a little lucky to get into the Top 4-5 SEC teams in next 2-3 years. Still serious questions on whether current staff will be able to do that.

B-

Last edited:
Won’t be getting many 4 and 5 star players until this team starts hibutual winning on a regular basis and destroying opponents. Last year was laying the foundation. This year it’s walls and roof. 2020 should be shingles windows and doors. Get my drift? This is going to be a long process. Can’t wait to see what ranking this class will end up with. GBO!!!

Reactions: dduncan4163
Won’t be getting many 4 and 5 star players until this team starts hibutual winning on a regular basis and destroying opponents. Last year was laying the foundation. This year it’s walls and roof. 2020 should be shingles windows and doors. Get my drift? This is going to be a long process. Can’t wait to see what ranking this class will end up with. GBO!!!
I agree.. But 2019 is the foundation repair year.. That's why half this class is Oline / Dline heavy.. JMO

Right now I say so far so good, we got much needed depth and players that have size and attitude that we desperately need. There are still some big fish lurking that I hope we land that will turn this class from good to great

3.68 star average is pretty good for 13 players a good beginning. We really want know where this class lands until we see where some of the other top players we are recruiting land. Wright of course would be huge along with Gray. We need four or five other big name players and if all this happens expect will be rated in the top ten. Still a ways to go to determine how we did but I like the OL guys we have already add Wright we look to have the beginnings of solving a huge problem.

Reactions: blouder1
I'll break the smart&&& chain and give it a shot: no bad surprises, and no good surprises. Bout what was expected. Addressing some needs, some good kids coming in. No blockbuster flips, and no heartbreaking losses.

That said, to build from where we are to where we want to be, there are going to have to be better days ahead than today. This is a solid class, #15 or so nationally, but it's #2 in the east behind UGA so far and UGA is far ahead of us already.

Mixed bag. I do like the foundational feel to the class, and I like the fact there is no walking down the stairs and placement of bricks. That got old.
Right on the money. We’ve addressed some needs thus far at OL, QB, TE and DB. Keyton at WR is good.

Majors concerns that we’re not bringing in studs at LB, DT and DE/OLB. If Gray signs tomorrow that’ll help our rb corps. Better pray that Wright and Crouch sign in Feb.

Thus has the makings of a good solid class, top 15 nationally or so. However, leaves us still further behind and losing ground to the SEC big boys.

I give it 4 snaps

tenor.gif

So far, we are filling needs, especially on the OL and DL. We will badly need those guys. And a five star OL ranked number three nationality is a big boom for us. As of now, I give this class a B.

VN Store

Back