HBO's "Game of Thrones"

YouTube writer mentions that Jamie didn't have anything written in the history books about people's great feats. He said there was still time. Theory is he looked for redemption so that someone would tell his tale in the history books. But when stuff got real, he went back to the person he entered the world with.

Since we're getting to the end, who was everyone's favorite character? Or characters?

Again, I liked Tywin for the way he was so deep and confusing.

Loved Oberyn Martell.

Still like Bronn though the dude has some of the worst luck in Westeros.
Davos, Hound, Arya, Barristan ... maybe Jorah

D6peZ4ZXoAE8wMF.jpg:large

Reactions: Ernest T. Vol
If this is Martins story, it don't matter what the show does..He is the problem..he is a troll.
You are right that this is what Martin wanted... and it's his story. That is the point I would emphasize to the people complaining about the show runners. Martin signed off on "The Bells". Changing writers wouldn't change the outcome... just how the outcome was reached. You should expect the books to end in the same place.. assuming they are completed.

Last edited:
I bought one of those "3D puzzle maps of Westeros" that also includes topography because I thought it would look cool in my den. My problem is the jigsaw puzzle is 1,400 pieces with an incredible number of them being indistinguishable. I have nowhere near the patience for that... but, it was only $50.

I used to enjoy reading the rumors that were out there about what this or that might mean. It seems pointless now. In the rush to the end, story development is out the window. It used to be everything seemed to mean something. Now not so much. Whatever happens, happens.
...and aren't horses like basically taking a Concorde flight now? This point has been beaten to death on the internet but you just can't ignore how fast the Hound and Arya made it to King's Landing from Winterfell via horseback.

If this is Martins story, it don't matter what the show does..He is the problem..he is a troll.
I can almost guarantee this is not Martin's story. I think Martin pulled a Littlefinger, letting Dan and Dave think this is how he would have ended the books and allowed them to more or less sign their own death certificates by dissappointing everybody. Probably out of spite.

I can almost guarantee this is not Martin's story. I think Martin pulled a Littlefinger, letting Dan and Dave think this is how he would have ended the books and allowed them to more or less sign their own death certificates by dissappointing everybody. Probably out of spite.
lolll i love entertaining this idea

Spite for what? Martin receives $15 million annually from HBO in royalties from the show. The show has contributed heavily to his book sales.... and the consensus from most of the book readers that I have seen, is that Benioff and Weiss did the books justice while they had original source material to work with (the first 6 seasons).

Spite for what? Martin receives $15 million annually from HBO in royalties from the show. The show has contributed heavily to his book sales.... and the consensus from most of the book readers that I have seen, is that Benioff and Weiss did the books justice while they had original source material to work with (the first 6 seasons).
I've read the first 2 books (awhile ago, don't remember a whole bunch as far as how the show has stayed true to them). Currently listening to the 3rd on audible, and i gotta say its been a pretty faithful adaptation. They cut a few characters here and there, but a lot of the dialogue is taken from the books verbatim.

I've read the first 2 books (awhile ago, don't remember a whole bunch as far as how the show has stayed true to them). Currently listening to the 3rd on audible, and i gotta say its been a pretty faithful adaptation. They cut a few characters here and there, but a lot of the dialogue is taken from the books verbatim.
I'm not a book reader but that is what I've heard from people that are. And I have to believe that although these last 2 seasons have been very rushed, the conclusions that we are seeing will match what Martin does with the books (assuming he does finish them). This is his baby.

Just my opinion, man. Yes, the first 5 or 6 seasons were very faithful to the books, except for a few storylines and characters that would have been potentially too much and/or too confusing for the HBO series to pull off, in 10 one hour shows per season. I have just read or heard a few interviews with Martin that seemed like he wasn't overjoyed with the direction the show went after they got ahead of the books. I would probably bet a large amount of money that well over half of the main developments of this final season of the show will not happen in the books.

He kind of has it made here, doesn’t he? He can evaluate fan reaction to the show and move his books in different directions if he likes.

If nothing else, it might be one way around what appears to be a prodigious case of writer’s block.

Pay attention to Dolorus Edd. Dude is flat out hilarious. Show didnt do him justice though.

Reactions: VolinMC

The first 4 seasons, yes, I thought the show was about as well done as could be given it's a 10 hour season. Season 5? That was probably my least favorite season. There were changes and character differences in the first 4 but it was fine. Season 5 was where things drastically changed from the book imo. But that was a few years ago and I can't even remember all the things I noticed that were different anymore. Just that I had just finished the books before season 5 started, and it felt very off.

I don't think there is any source material past season 5 unless Martin gave them stuff not released. IIRC in the books Jon just died, Arya is running around Bravvos, Sansa is still with Littlefiner in the Vale I think, Bran is still with the 3 eyed raven north of the wall, Dany just fled slaver's Bay by flying on Drogon for the first time, and I think Jaime left KL out of anger at Cersei for something and is running around with the army in Westeros. She may still be caught up with the sparrows.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc

Because the pressure to -rush- his story to meet a deadline, spoiler alert Martin is the type that doesn't do deadlines. I think he legit handed it off once they outpaced his books and rather than publish early/unfinished novels he just let them take over the show writing.

Just my opinion, man. Yes, the first 5 or 6 seasons were very faithful to the books, except for a few storylines and characters that would have been potentially too much and/or too confusing for the HBO series to pull off, in 10 one hour shows per season. I have just read or heard a few interviews with Martin that seemed like he wasn't overjoyed with the direction the show went after they got ahead of the books. I would probably bet a large amount of money that well over half of the main developments of this final season of the show will not happen in the books.

That is what my brother and me are arguing about. You think like he does, and I say hogwash...Martin is a troll. He should have never written Dany as Mother Theresa outside the gates of Mereen in the Astapori refugee if he didn't want this kind of backlash. It is classic trollish bait and switch BS.

That is what my brother and me are arguing about. You think like he does, and I say hogwash...Martin is a troll. He should have never written Dany as Mother Theresa outside the gates of Mereen in the Astapori refugee if he didn't want this kind of backlash. It is classic trollish bait and switch BS.
A mother Theresa character for thousands of pages would be kind of boring. Some conflict or change over time really makes for much more interesting characters.

If that's the way he intends on it going in the books I'm sure it will be much more developed with story and reasons that contributed. The show kinda just threw it at the fans and relied on the superfans to explain it to everyone that this potential has been there the whole series.

Reactions: VolinMC

VN Store

Back