HBO's "Game of Thrones"

60474881_754353055236_3044367239965835264_n.jpg

IF Gendry were to end up on the IT, he owes it all to Dany for legitimizing him.

Still lazy.
The overarching themes of Martins epic...
Love is a lie, and if real is a weakness
There are no heroes..just hidden monsters and stupid buffoons...
Hope is a lie, the grinding elemental forces of entropy and chaos are the only certainties in life..you are a blind fool to believe otherwise..

The moral of his story..

Life sucks..HARD..and then you die.

Reactions: drvenner
For those of you that think my calling BS on GRRM as pertains to this turn of Dany into the real big bad evil of ASoIaF...

A lot or most of you guys have not read the books or even excerpts from the books..There is a chapter in ADoD where the thousands of refugees of Astaphor are camped outside the gates of Mereen dying of hunger thirst and a plague called the bloody flux. She is also under siege and surrounded by powerful forces seeking her destruction. She ignores the pleas of all of her advisors and goes out into the throng of dead and dying...maybe if you just read that one chapter you will understand how preposterous the idea of Dany burning a million poor innocents alive, and not giving a single eff about doing it is to me and others.

It is ridiculous storytelling, and as talented as Martin is, it ruins his epic. His utter contempt for Tolkein and his belief that the power of good can overcome evil in both ourselves and society is what this whole epic Song if Ice and Fire is really about...just the pure utter futility of life. There is no beauty or grace to be found, and if any ever starts to rise like a tiny green sprout from the ashes of despair...he quickly crushes it under someones boot...with glee.

He is a unquestioned artistic genius, which draws you in deep, but he is the ultimate troll.

Just my analysis.

I wonder if Tyrion feels remorse for killing Tywin. He seems to love his sister despite how much she hates him. He wants to believe she has some good in her and trusts her and tries to save her. His commitment to his family really impacts some if his really bad decisions.

I wonder if Tyrion feels remorse for killing Tywin. He seems to love his sister despite how much she hates him. He wants to believe she has some good in her and trusts her and tries to save her. His commitment to his family really impacts some if his really bad decisions.
Yet they keep screwing him over and he doesnt learn. Amazing.

That is a good question. It was an act of passion. Tywin was going to put him to death..even though he knew Tyrion was most likely innocent. He hated Tyrion more than Cercie did. I think Cerceis hatred of Tyrion was a offshoot of Tywins blame of Tyrion for his mothers death and fear of him because of the Maggy the Frog valonquar prophecy.

For those of you that think my calling BS on GRRM as pertains to this turn of Dany into the real big bad evil of ASoIaF...

A lot or most of you guys have not read the books or even excerpts from the books..There is a chapter in ADoD where the thousands of refugees of Astaphor are camped outside the gates of Mereen dying of hunger thirst and a plague called the bloody flux. She is also under siege and surrounded by powerful forces seeking her destruction. She ignores the pleas of all of her advisors and goes out into the throng of dead and dying...maybe if you just read that one chapter you will understand how preposterous the idea of Dany burning a million poor innocents alive, and not giving a single eff about doing it is to me and others.

It is ridiculous storytelling, and as talented as Martin is, it ruins his epic. His utter contempt for Tolkein and his belief that the power of good can overcome evil in both ourselves and society is what this whole epic Song if Ice and Fire is really about...just the pure utter futility of life. There is no beauty or grace to be found, and if any ever starts to rise like a tiny green sprout from the ashes of despair...he quickly crushes it under someones boot...with glee.

He is a unquestioned artistic genius, which draws you in deep, but he is the ultimate troll.

Just my analysis.
I think what will happen in the books is Dany burns the Red Keep which inadvertently sets off the wild fire caches her father hid across the city.

Reactions: VolNExile
That is a good question. It was an act of passion. Tywin was going to put him to death..even though he knew Tyrion was most likely innocent. He hated Tyrion more than Cercie did. I think Cerceis hatred of Tyrion was a offshoot of Tywins blame of Tyrion for his mothers death and fear of him because of the Maggy the Frog valonquar prophecy.

Nobody hated Tyrion more than Cersei. His father, at a minimum, gave him responsibilities (Hand, Master of Coin, etc) and at least attempted to get him to live up to the Lannister name. However, when your youngest son spends your money on drink and women, you tend to get a bit agitated. Tywin wanted far more from his children than they were giving him.

Remember, he was going to offer him the chance to take the black until Tyrion went all crazy during his trial.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Nobody hated Tyrion more than Cersei. His father, at a minimum, gave him responsibilities (Hand, Master of Coin, etc) and at least attempted to get him to live up to the Lannister name. However, when your youngest son spends your money on drink and women, you tend to get a bit agitated. Tywin wanted far more from his children than they were giving him.

Remember, he was going to offer him the chance to take the black until Tyrion went all crazy during his trial.
Yeah that's true, I guess I just keep hearing Tywin hating and blaming Tyrion for Joannas death in my mind.

Reactions: VolNExile
Yeah that's true, I guess I just keep hearing Tywin hating and blaming Tyrion for Joannas death in my mind.

I think Tywin always wanted Jaime to have the intelligence of Tyrion so he could "carry on the family legacy." But he was also all about power and consolidating the grip the Lannisters had on Westeros. Hence, why he wanted Cersei to marry into House Tyrell and Tyrion to marry into House Stark.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
There is no way Tywin was gonna offer Tyrion the Nights Watch. It was a ploy to get a confession. That's what made the scene so damn great. Tyrion was smart enough, unlike his brother, to know what his Dad was trying to do.
I think Tyrion will have something brilliant in the final episode. Just a hunch.

There is no way Tywin was gonna offer Tyrion the Nights Watch. It was a ploy to get a confession. That's what made the scene so damn great. Tyrion was smart enough, unlike his brother, to know what his Dad was trying to do.

I think Tywin was probably one of the deepest and most enigmatic characters in the entire GoT series. He could be compassionate (the way he treated Arya) yet turn around and order others to do in-compassionate things (the Mountain raping and pillaging). He wasn't afraid of Joffrey in the least and even Joffrey knew better than to tangle with Grandpa. He was intelligent, cunning and downright devious when he needed to be. He could be honorable, but dishonorable in the next minute. He was truly a character that kept the audience on their toes as to what he would do next.

Charles Dance did an outstanding job of portraying him and was one of my favorite actors in the series.

Just my analysis.

Read all the books, watched all the series....still not sure Martin is responsible for the Dany turn or much of what has transpired to the "ending" of ASoIaF. I'll believe it when I read it, when/if he finishes the series...

Since we're getting to the end, who was everyone's favorite character? Or characters?

Again, I liked Tywin for the way he was so deep and confusing.

Loved Oberyn Martell.

Still like Bronn though the dude has some of the worst luck in Westeros.

Probably my favorites are (no specific order).

Oberyn Martell, Davos, Tormund, Tyrion

I don't "like" Theon, but man the character was so well done from acting to the story arc and ultimately his final redemption. One change from the books to the series I did end up liking was that it was Theon instead of Mance who rescued Sansa from Ramsey (although it was a fake Arya in the books, but I digress)

Tons of appreciation for the effort and talent in Tywin, Cersei, Jaime, Joffery and Olena. Also felt like both Ned & Cat were performed well.

I've said it before but the amount of acting talent and characters in this series is truly staggering, so well done in casting.

Last edited:
Probably my favorites are (no specific order).

Oberyn Martell, Davos, Tormund, Tyrion

I don't "like" Theon, but man the character was so well done from acting to the story arc and ultimately his final redemption. One change from the books to the series I did end up liking was that it was Theon instead of Mance who rescued Sansa from Ramsey (although it was a fake Arya in the books, but I digress)

Tons of appreciate for the effort and talent in Tywin, Cersei, Jaime, Joffery and Olena. Also felt like both Ned & Cat were performed well.

I've said it before but the amount of acting talent and characters in this series is truly staggering, so well done in casting.
Agreed. So many of them seemed born to play their roles. I liked the guy who played Walder Frey. He was a great combination of creepy old guy yet also kind of funny (but vulgar as hell). I thought the scene where he was explaining all of his daughters in front of Robb was hilarious. "You could have had them both for all I care." Thanks, dad! LOL.

Since we're getting to the end, who was everyone's favorite character? Or characters?

Again, I liked Tywin for the way he was so deep and confusing.

Loved Oberyn Martell.

Still like Bronn though the dude has some of the worst luck in Westeros.
Really like Bronn. Although, this season has been a let down for that character.

Aemon was one of my favorites. I think he propelled Jon to be the type of hero we see him as now. A lot of talent. I could list a bunch of characters.

Really like Bronn. Although, this season has been a let down for that character.

Aemon was one of my favorites. I think he propelled Jon to be the type of hero we see him as now. A lot of talent. I could list a bunch of characters.

I wonder if he knew who Jon really was? 🤔

One has to wonder if Aemon knew Jon's true lineage...

The Hound is my favorite...I love that don't eff with me attitude and that he basically had a good heart, particularly for Arya and Sansa. Arya obviously appreciated the effort but not so much Sansa. He really saved her bacon when she was going to push Geoffrey off of the bridge at KL.

Speaking of Ol' Sansa, she really has turned into a conniving bitch what with breaking an oath to Jon and spreading the word to exactly the wrong people. Sure, she's had it rough but now her heart is too black. I don't wish her well.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I mean Stannis, Renly, even Robert were all well acted too.

Sansa is another one that has now turned into a great character. She grew as an actress well into the role. Kind of funny how her & Dany both went from young, innocent, and a bit naive to cruel and manipulating so well.

VN Store

Back