HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Let's be honest, it's easier to list the "bad" actors than list the ones that did great.

I can't really think of anyone that didn't play a major part that wasn't great in the role.

Since we're getting to the end, who was everyone's favorite character? Or characters?

Again, I liked Tywin for the way he was so deep and confusing.

Loved Oberyn Martell.

Still like Bronn though the dude has some of the worst luck in Westeros.
What is this worst luck in Westeros? I'm having trouble thinking of examples.

It would be tough to pick a favorite character list. Everyone played their parts to perfection and I can't imagine another actor in anyone's place. It's hard for me because I'm probably thinking of a lot of characters in terms of their book story too. Several have more story/dialogue than in the show. If I had to pick 3 favorites from tv it might be Tyrion, Sandor, and Tywin.

But I enjoyed watching Littlefinger and Varys subtly battle each other for influence/information early on. The adventures of Arya and The Hound in seasons 3/4 were some of my favorites too. The few scenes of Tormund fawning over Brienne.

Last edited:
What is this worst luck in Westeros? I'm having trouble thinking of examples.

Every time he thinks his life is going good, he turns around and is demoted from the City Watch commander or goes off with Jaime or something.

Promised a castle from Cersei. She's dead. Promised a castle from Tyrion who's now likely out of favor with Dany and would have a hard time fulfilling that promise.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Every time he thinks his life is going good, he turns around and is demoted from the City Watch commander or goes off with Jaime or something.

Promised a castle from Cersei. She's dead. Promised a castle from Tyrion who's now likely out of favor with Dany and would have a hard time fulfilling that promise.
Ok. I guess I'm just thinking of it in terms of what he's gained. He went from being a sellsword to being Tyrion's personal sellsword, promoted to city watch commander at one time, and has probably made more gold and lived a better life the past few years than anyone outside of the families at the head of the great houses.

Since we're getting to the end, who was everyone's favorite character? Or characters?

Loved Oberyn Martell.

I always liked Tywin as a character also.

Reactions: bigdaddy
The Hound is my favorite...I love that don't eff with me attitude and that he basically had a good heart, particularly for Arya and Sansa. Arya obviously appreciated the effort but not so much Sansa. He really saved her bacon when she was going to push Geoffrey off of the bridge at KL.

Speaking of Ol' Sansa, she really has turned into a conniving bitch what with breaking an oath to Jon and spreading the word to exactly the wrong people. Sure, she's had it rough but now her heart is too black. I don't wish her well.
Sansa has become one of my favorites.

Loved Oberyn Martell.

Jaime, Brienne, Arya, Jon and the Hound and Theon because that actor--wow.

It's hard to name one overall,I like all of them for what parts they play in the story no matter how small.
That being said,the ones I've enjoyed the most are probably Ned,Robert,Joffery,Queen of Thorns(can't spell her name,forgot how),Tyrion,Tywin,Robb,Jon,Tormund,Edd,,,crap I could go on and on.

Two things to avoid if you want to be a sympathetic character..don't kill somebodies dog, and don't burn babies alive..if they they want everybody to reeeeally hate Dany they should have had her toast Ghost while she was at it..

Look! Over there! It's Diana Rigg!
diana-rigg-variety-icon-award.jpg

Watched it again...

The episode is really really well done visually. I don't think I appreciated that first time around...

It's definitely ash in her vision in the house of the undying.

Jon I think has lost faith period. If he doesn't die he definitely goes North.

Reactions: JCP201
Big fan of Thoros of mf'n Myr. Wish the story focused a little more on him and Beric. Would love to see a one off of Thoros charging into the breach at the battle of Pyke.

Tyrion has always been my favorite, but I feel his character suffered when they went past the books and had to rely on their own writing. I don't really like what D&D have done with him.

VN Store

Back