HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Entertainment Weekly had some spoilers on GAME OF THRONES. Apparently the final episode battle (Living vs. Dead) is going to be ground breaking and makes the BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS look like a theme park according to Peter Dinklage (Tyrion)..

Entertainment Weekly had some spoilers on GAME OF THRONES. Apparently the final episode battle (Living vs. Dead) is going to be ground breaking and makes the BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS look like a theme park according to Peter Dinklage (Tyrion)..
Can’t take that budgeted money with you! Legally.

Been rewatching GOT this week. Damn its a great show. Finding lots that I missed first time thru.

I’ve tried rewatching a couple times but just end up quitting. Maybe I’ll start again when the last season gets closer.

I'm calling it now.
R'hallor (The Lord of The Light)= Bran from the Future
Night King (The Great Other) = Bran from the Past

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Interesting to see the first few pages of this thread. Number of people thought it was a silly idea for a show. Wonder if they kept up with it and what they think now?

Final season less than 2 months away!

To paraphrase Ramsay Bolton, I think this is going to have an unhappy, or maybe just bleak, ending. I think the WWs will nearly win and kill almost all of humanity, with only a small handful of survivors left to rebuild civilization.

To paraphrase Ramsay Bolton, I think this is going to have an unhappy, or maybe just bleak, ending. I think the WWs will nearly win and kill almost all of humanity, with only a small handful of survivors left to rebuild civilization.
Agreed. I hope it has a bleak ending. It would be strange if it was a happily everafter kind of closure, given how the series and novels have progressed.
I imagine a darker Lord of The Rings type ending. Yeah, the good guys won in the end, but not before massive bloodshed in battles, the burning of the Shire, and Frodo so broken mentally that he had to leave Middle Earth to find some semblance of peace.

Rewatching. Show is really good. Nice to pick up on little things that you wouldnt get your first watch.
I started rewatching as well a couple weeks ago. The foreshadowing is intense and everywhere. Most amazing shows are better on the rewatch, and this is definitely one of them.

Reactions: JCP201
I started rewatching as well a couple weeks ago. The foreshadowing is intense and everywhere. Most amazing shows are better on the rewatch, and this is definitely one of them.
I have to find some time to do a major binge and rewatch before the next season starts.. I felt that way about Breaking Bad.

One really bittersweet direction they could go is to make Jamie a hero in some self-sacrificing fashion. (*This is not a spoiler, but just my own personal wild speculation*) Remember the scene where Jamie tells Bron that a warrior's wish should be to die in the arms of someone who loves him? If he were to suffer a dying blow from the Mountain while saving Brienne that would be a proper redemption... There are so many directions they can go with these last episodes. I expect a lot of powerful scenes and some tears...

One really bittersweet direction they could go is to make Jamie a hero in some self-sacrificing fashion. (*This is not a spoiler, but just my own personal wild speculation*) Remember the scene where Jamie tells Bron that a warrior's wish should be to die in the arms of someone who loves him? If he were to suffer a dying blow from the Mountain while saving Brienne that would be a proper redemption... There are so many directions they can go with these last episodes. I expect a lot of powerful scenes and some tears...
Jamie leaving King's landing was a pretty big turn in that direction.

I have to find some time to do a major binge and rewatch before the next season starts.. I felt that way about Breaking Bad.
I'm not going to say how many times I've watched Breaking Bad, but it is several.. It isn't just a TV show, it is a work of art. Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston were flawless. It is at the top of my favorite list with Mad Men and the X-Files.

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and JCP201

VN Store

Back