HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Glad it's coming back on but hate to see it end. It's been a great ride even thru some slow parts.
Now if those pesky books can just get finished,,,,,
I somtimes question whether he will finish the book series. 1996, 1998, 2000, and 2005 were the first four book releases. A Dance with Dragons came out in 2011. 8 years later and the 5th book still isn't done. And we know it's not the last. There is at least one more after that.

Between the tv show, his other book series, and other tv shows for his other series( besides the HBO GoT prequel upcoming; syfy network did one recently for his Wildcards series)....he's being pulled in many directions and it seems like his interest in A song of Ice and Fire has waned.

I somtimes question whether he will finish the book series. 1996, 1998, 2000, and 2005 were the first four book releases. A Dance with Dragons came out in 2011. 8 years later and the 5th book still isn't done. And we know it's not the last. There is at least one more after that.

Between the tv show, his other book series, and other tv shows for his other series( besides the HBO GoT prequel upcoming; syfy network did one recently for his Wildcards series)....he's being pulled in many directions and it seems like his interest in A song of Ice and Fire has waned.
I totally agree. I am starting to believe he is not gonna finish them for the reasons you mentioned. Just wishful thinking on my part.lol

In re-watching the show, even with all of all the gratuitous executions that have taken place, the burning of Shireen (Stannis's daughter) still bothers me. The way they let her screams linger was unnecessary to get the point across and as far as a plot point - I still have a hard time believing that Stannis would have allowed Melisandre to do that. His daughter was all he had. A low point of the show in my opinion.

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
In re-watching the show, even with all of all the gratuitous executions that have taken place, the burning of Shireen (Stannis's daughter) still bothers me. The way they let her screams linger was unnecessary to get the point across and as far as a plot point - I still have a hard time believing that Stannis would have allowed Melisandre to do that. His daughter was all he had. A low point of the show in my opinion.

It was a brutal scene but it further established that GoT takes no prisoners and holds nothing back. The audience is never spared and everything is at risk. S1 starts that expectation by killing Ned, and the writers continued to build on it by sparing nothing when it comes to brutality and shock factor.

A low point for Stannis, one of the best scenes in the show quality wise.

Reactions: chatsworth_vol

..... this may not be the show for you

..... this may not be the show for you
I love Game of Thrones and it would be a little late for your comment anyway because I have already seen all 67 episodes at least 3 times a piece ... It's the best show in history but not without some flaws. I can't wait for tonight.

Last edited:
Yeaaah...

Odd complaint about what is pretty widely considered one of the better scenes in the show.
Bull crap. That is not considered one of the best scenes or episodes on IMDB or anywhere else for that matter. It was overwrought and unnecessary.

Last edited:
I have one question. Why didn’t Rhaegar and Lyanna just come out and say “Hey actually we are in love.” Was it because she was bethrothed to Robert Baratheon and it wouldn’t have mattered? Were they scared to piss off the Dornish?

Can I just point out that it’s suddenly cold, and extremely windy, and coincidentally Thrones is returning in an hour and a half?

Those are the cold winds of Westeros everyone.

VN Store

Back