Haynesworth calling for boycott...

And here lies the fundamental issue. You can say that all white people have explicit biases, yet if I was to make a statement that black folks are more often than not no more than street thugs, I would be considered a racist.

Well, I would never make that statement even as a hypothetical. That is enough to be considered racist. However, assuming in your stomping grounds, which might be far more metropolitan that I living in a rural area: If there is any perceivable truth to that opinion? What are you doing to make a difference? Are you treating him like a thug, or as a human being that might listen 1% of the time you try to do or say something that might change his life? Hell, I am one of the last guys in the world to support the BLM BS. But in a 1 on 1 situation to keep a young guy outta trouble? I consider that a challenge, and I might be the only hope that youngster has.

There is a fundamental problem here. People think that candidates were excluded unjustly, when they were not. There was a list of criteria established and the search firm and the administration followed it. We started at the top and worked our way down.
The greatest evidence to me that Tee was unqualified, is that he didn't shut Albert and Peerless and other up. To be the head coach at UT you need to have elephant hide for skin with duck feathers on top to let it roll off. Tee obvoiusly doesn't have either and has now embroiled the fan base in a race based argument which is damaging to the University. Rumors that Elliott was negatively influenced by a story about some jerk to Cuonzo's wife at her business. How does that help? HAd I been there, would I have punched the jerk in the face? Maybe, but not just because she was black but because she's a woman and the wife of our coach, and jerks deserve it.
This thread is doing nothing to promote our programs or race relations

AH is FOS, but some of the posts in this thread are super cringy. Some of y’all need to take a break. You’re making us all look bad.

He needs to be concerned with his health honestly. He has let himself go. Seriously concerned about his health.

Attachments

• fa-024_copy1.jpg
    fa-024_copy1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I’ve heard so many fans call for Peyton as head coach and he has zero coaching experience. Why isn’t he held to the same requirements?

I’ll answer your question, as best I can.

I know “some” fans have wanted Peyton to be the head coach; however “I” can not verify if those “same” folks didn’t want Martin.

That would be were the hypocrisy lays.

One would simply need to put the two together. I’m fairly certain there have been “some” who may have wanted Peyton but not Tee.......however it’s probably not many.

Most “realistic” fans (with any real knowledge of football) have “not” wanted Peyton to be the head coach at Tennessee. He has zero experience, and most doubt if he would ever even want to become an assistant first.

So to answer your question......I think by “most” knowledgeable fans.......he certainly is held to that same standard........look around......you will find way more people “not” wanting Peyton as the coach as you will those who do.

I do not know “some” folks rational; however I assume most simply believe Peyton was a great professional QB, and they “think” he was like a “coach on the field”.......that would translate to a good college head coach; however those folks are very misguided or just not knowledgeable enough.

I’m also sure race plays a part in a very minute portion of those who would want Peyton and not Tee.......however that would really be a very small fraction of people.

Reactions: tennmartin
I’ll answer your question, as best I can.

I know “some” fans have wanted Peyton to be the head coach; however “I” can not verify if those “same” folks didn’t want Martin.

That would be were the hypocrisy lays.

One would simply need to put the two together. I’m fairly certain there have been “some” who may have wanted Peyton but not Tee.......however it’s probably not many.

Most “realistic” fans (with any real knowledge of football) have “not” wanted Peyton to be the head coach at Tennessee. He has zero experience, and most doubt if he would ever even want to become an assistant first.

So to answer your question......I think by “most” knowledgeable fans.......he certainly is held to that same standard........look around......you will find way more people “not” wanting Peyton as the coach as you will those who do.

I do not know “some” folks rational; however I assume most simply believe Peyton was a great professional QB, and they “think” he was like a “coach on the field”.......that would translate to a good college head coach; however those folks are very misguided or just not knowledgeable enough.

I’m also sure race plays a part in a very minute portion of those who would want Peyton and not Tee.......however that would really be a very small fraction of people.
Peyton’s all about preparation. He’s a student of the game and perfectly aware that you don’t start out at the top of you envision sustained success. He would’ve followed Tee’s path and worked his way up.

Peyton’s all about preparation. He’s a student of the game and perfectly aware that you don’t start out at the top of you envision sustained success. He would’ve followed Tee’s path and worked his way up.

So.........are you saying that he currently “wants” to be an assistant at Tennessee?

I said most of us doubt that he wants to become an assistant at Tennessee.......or the HC.

Maybe I shouldn’t have stated “first” however my post is stating it doesn’t “look” as if he has any desire to do either......he has had many chances to throw his hat in the ring.....he hasn’t and most likely won’t.

I never, ever made mention that Peyton would “expect” to be a head coach before becoming an assistant.

So.........are you saying that he currently “wants” to be an assistant at Tennessee?

I said most of us doubt that he wants to become an assistant at Tennessee.......or the HC.

Maybe I shouldn’t have stated “first” however my post is stating it doesn’t “look” as if he has any desire to do either......he has had many chances to throw his hat in the ring.....he hasn’t and most likely won’t.

I never, ever made mention that Peyton would “expect” to be a head coach before becoming an assistant.
If he ever had any intention of being a COACH period, he would have started at the bottom YEARS AGO...IMO.

Wasn’t intended as anything other than piggybacking off of similar sentiments.

As much as I love Tee, what is his resume for head coach? Mr H needs to chill on his claims. Let T grow and he will be successful without cries of racism. Given the wonderful coaching search Mr H has a point but it is not about race.

VN Store

Back