Have some time on my hands

My father is the athletic director at a local HS and so he had some connections with Cutcliffe and trust me, that was the road that Coleman was going down

I'm sure Cutcliffe lets all the high school ADs know a year in advance what his decisions will be regarding starters. That's really probable. Freaking Peyton Manning didn't even start his first game. There's no way in hell BJ was going to. Starting a freshman QB when you have a 5 star QB that the fans already adore is pretty much asking to be fired.

fans do adore crompton. he plowed into the lsu linebacker and knocked him over and threw two huge, deep passes against them. those two plays alone earned him adoration. trust me, on campus, all i heard last year was clamoring for crompton to start over ainge.

fans do adore crompton. he plowed into the lsu linebacker and knocked him over and threw two huge, deep passes against them. those two plays alone earned him adoration. trust me, on campus, all i heard last year was clamoring for crompton to start over ainge.

not to mention he was a top-2 QB that committed to UT very early and never wavered. I believe he was also helping recruit while still in HS.

i was at the game. it was amazing. for the record i thought it was a DB. either way though. how would he fair with clawson's offense

It was a DB. However, he was also a top 10 pick known for being a punishing tackler. Coleman is currently #3 on the depth chart, by the way.

It was not a LB it was LaRon landry.

Ainge's biggest weakness cost the SECCG. He was too scared to get hit, and to anxious to just get rid of the ball. Therefore, missing a wide open man and throwing a pick 6. Erik Ainge wasn't bad, he just wasn't good

so nick stevens is good?

Hmmm...I assume you are inferring that Nick Stephens is not good?

So, by that logic, Nick Stephens is bad but ahead of Coleman on the depth chart. What does that make Coleman? It can't be that he's not good (obvious by your posts) -- he must just be unloved.

Ainge's biggest weakness cost the SECCG. He was too scared to get hit, and to anxious to just get rid of the ball. Therefore, missing a wide open man and throwing a pick 6. Erik Ainge wasn't bad, he just wasn't good

Disagree. Ainge was not great, but he was good. One play does not a quarterback make. He certainly had weakenesses (as you pointed out), but he also had some strengths (game management, no huddle management, etc)

The pick 6 by Zenon was excellent coverage. Ainge just shouldn't have thrown that ball. Quintin Hancock definitely wasn't wide open.

Here's what Zenon had to say about the play:
"When they lined up in that formation, I knew exactly what they were going to run," Zenon said. "I knew they'd run that play. The preparation made it easy for me."

Nice job, Cutcliffe.

The throw intended for Gerald Jones was into double coverage. Once again, not wide open. Also, there wasn't that much of a pass rush on the play.

You can't say Ainge would have outplayed Brent. The only reason Ainge got the official starting job at the end of the season was cuz Brent hurt his arm. If he would have stayed he would have took that spot as a starter and spoiled little Ainge would look to transfer.

Whenever BS came into the game, everyone in the stadium knew it wouldn't be a pass. The coaching staff had no confidence in BS throwing the ball, and neither did anyone else...besides you apparently.

You can't say Ainge would have outplayed Brent. The only reason Ainge got the official starting job at the end of the season was cuz Brent hurt his arm. If he would have stayed he would have took that spot as a starter and spoiled little Ainge would look to transfer.

Please go away - this is a horrible, horrible opinion that is incredibly wrong.

I tried to avoid this post after reading the main topic, but after skimming through this thread you have no damn clue about anything do you? Are you trying to be funny for the sake of conversation or are you seriously this out of tune with reality?

:banghead2:

VN Store

Back