Have some time on my hands

I was at that Georgia game in 2002 where Banks played QB and went 10-15 for 168 yards. I can honestly say that I've never seen an uglier 67% completion rate day for a QB in my life. That game was tough to watch. :sick:

:eek:k:

Completely forgot he played at QB, I've slept since then. But he moved from QB to a WR and didn't really miss a beat. So overall he was a good talent. Douche bag, but talented

Just to throw this out there...

1) When did it become suprising for a 4 star to be good?

2) James Banks MAY have been more talented than Riggs. But talent means nothing if you can't stay on the team. Ryan Perriloux may be the best player ever, but he is definitely a bust because he got kicked off the team.

Just to throw this out there...

1) When did it become suprising for a 4 star to be good?

2) James Banks MAY have been more talented than Riggs. But talent means nothing if you can't stay on the team. Ryan Perriloux may be the best player ever, but he is definitely a bust because he got kicked off the team.

1) It's not surprising. Some of our best players were 4*s

2) Good point. Every time this subject comes up I think of Brent Schaeffer. Didn't do so well at Ole Miss, but if he were to stay at UT he would have been great IMO

1)
2) Good point. Every time this subject comes up I think of Brent Schaeffer. Didn't do so well at Ole Miss, but if he were to stay at UT he would have been great IMO

How do you figure? He had his moments, but it was clear that Ainge was going to be the QB at UT. He may have been able to step in during the 2005 season, but I'm not sure he would have faired any better at UT than he did at Ole Miss.

:eek:lol: he couldn't be QB at OM but he would have been great at UT?

:eek:lol: he couldn't be QB at OM but he would have been great at UT?

Don't forget the fact that a walk-on took his place and did pretty well.

As for James Banks, he might be the most overrated UT player this century. He had a huge sideline catch in one of his first games that got everyone really excited. He had a great game against South Carolina. He got lucky and caught a jump ball intended for a triple-covered Mark Jones against Florida. Those were his highlight moments. At other times, he dropped catchable passes that would have kept drives alive. Personally, I think the fact that we had no wide receivers really helped Banks get a lot of passes. Our next best guy was a DB that still played most defensive downs as well as returning punts. Honestly, I'd guess that if Jones wasn't so busy playing 59 minutes a game, he'd have been a better receiver than Banks. And as for how he would have fared at UT... if he'd have stayed at receiver, he'd have been atrocious. The influx of talented wide receivers wouldn't have helped his attitude in 2004. The lack of discipline in 2005 would have caused him to completely lose game focus. There was talk of him moving to safety. I'm not sure how willing he would be to do that. Not a lot of glory at that position and if I recall correctly, he wasn't enthusiastic at all about giving up the QB position.

But he and James Banks weren't busts, you know, because Banks had 42 catches for 641 yards one year.

You can't say Ainge would have outplayed Brent. The only reason Ainge got the official starting job at the end of the season was cuz Brent hurt his arm. If he would have stayed he would have took that spot as a starter and spoiled little Ainge would look to transfer.

You can't say Ainge would have outplayed Brent. The only reason Ainge got the official starting job at the end of the season was cuz Brent hurt his arm. If he would have stayed he would have took that spot as a starter and spoiled little Ainge would look to transfer.

Ainge was the starter long before Brent hurt his arm against SC. Brent got a little playing time every now and then in some of the other games after Ainge's big performance against Florida. But he was solidly in second place. He didn't even play against Alabama, one week before injuring his arm against SC. Later, he couldn't even overtake Jimmy Clausen after recovering from his injury.

You're kidding right? All Brent could do was scramble... he wasn't much of a passer.

I also don't see why Ainge is supposedly spoiled compared to Brent. Brent apparently had a really bad attitude about position changes, not being the starter, practicing, not fighting with baseball bats, etc. At least Ainge stayed awake for film study sessions.

Our current QB situation for 2010, which is irrelevant, but I think there is a chance that Coleman may start over Crompton. Or Stokes:dance2:. Coleman was going to be the starter with Cutcliffe

Our current QB situation for 2010, which is irrelevant, but I think there is a chance that Coleman may start over Crompton. Or Stokes:dance2:. Coleman was going to be the starter with Cutcliffe

um....Crompton will be gone in 2010. Regardless though, it isn't happening.

Coleman would be starting
I was just agreeing with the fact that it would be obvious that he is young

You're wrong. Cutcliffe said some good things about BJ after recruiting him. That's about as far as this special connection you're trying to create ever went.

My father is the athletic director at a local HS and so he had some connections with Cutcliffe and trust me, that was the road that Coleman was going down

VN Store

Back