Hate we are playing in Nashville

I like the neutral site games, they're something different. I live in Middle Tennessee, and I always enjoy a good Nashville trip, so I bought my tickets for the Nashville game as soon as tickets went on sale. It will probably be 90-95% Tennessee fans, so it is basically a home game for us. We have the neutral site game this year, a neutral site game next year at Charlotte, and another neutral site game the year after that in Atlanta. I think they help with recruiting in those areas and also gives the fans a chance to go to a city that they might not otherwise visit.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPA
Isn’t Nashville kinda a college town/city? They have Vandy.

They do, but people don’t really take them seriously. Growing up in Nashville, before I went to Tennessee, my dad would buy Vandy season tickets because they were really cheap and you could see pretty much all the other SEC teams come to Nashville. But we weren’t fans or cared about Vandy at all. We just wanted to see SEC football at a low price. I’m sure a sizable group of people that go to Vandy games fit into a similar situation to what my dad and I did 15 years ago.

Nashville is a Vol city and by a substantial margin imo. The fans I would interact with at school, church, etc who were actually passionate about their teams were majority Vols, then Bama, then a bunch of out of state teams, then Vandy. Driving around Nashville as an adult, UT is easily the most popular team people represent on their cars. The only areas you’ll see a significant # of Vandy fans in my experience would be the campus, of course, and Belle Meade/Green Hills. The rest is UT.

Reactions: VolMarine1371
For the money, at least you get your own chair and plenty of concessions & bathrooms. Beats squeezing in between Mama Cass and Uncle Leroy for six inches of real estate on an aluminum bench.

Club level and lower bowl are pretty sweet.

Lol, yeah. I’m sorry, I just refuse to sit in the Neyland upper deck. I usually sit in the lower bowl by the student section in the south end zone when I make it out to Knoxville for a game. Worth every penny. I’d rather watch at home than sit high up in the air crammed next to a 300 pound drunk dude.

I understand that most would prefer this to be in Knoxville, but I am quite thankful for the occasional game in Nashville as a West Tennessean who can't make it to Knoxville as easily as I can Nashville. Pretty much my only chance to get to a Vols game. I'm fine with it happening every 5 or so years.

I would’ve been much more likely to go on the BYU trip than Nashville. My wife and I had seriously considering turning that into a vacation.
We did as well. Fiancée is from Utah and most of her family is still there. We were going to make a 2 week camping trip out of it. More vacation time to use elsewhere 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
It’s
Why ?

Nissan stadium is beyond awful.
It’s about money. Sports Council can guarantee Tennessee a good deal and it builds Tennessee’s brand in Nashville. No school wants 8 home games on their season ticket package. It’s been proven people get fatigue with that many non-con games. Until SEC goes to 9, expect more neutral site games.

Why ?

Nissan stadium is beyond awful.
Well, for starters, it has single seats made of plastic, not metal bleachers, with chair backs and cup holders and much easier to walk across the rows. What really sux is the game is at 11am in extreme heat. Was hoping for a night game, but I’ll be there anyway. Go Vols!

Reactions: wmcovol and CPA
Agreed. Take a lot of money out of Knoxville. Would rather have those millions here

That wasn’t an option. This game replaced a road game, not a game in Neyland. People bitching about a game in Nashville, the wealthiest and most talent-rich part of the state, need to get over it. Half of y’all don’t even know what you’re complaining about.

That wasn’t an option. This game replaced a road game, not a game in Neyland. People bitching about a game in Nashville, the wealthiest and most talent-rich part of the state, need to get over it. Half of y’all don’t even know what you’re complaining about.
Meh we could make it happen if we wanted. We don’t need to play in trashville to recruit there.

Agree with all that and who wouldn’t want to watch a football game here?
View attachment 571593
My wife and I were in Salt Lake a couple of years ago and we drove down to Provo just to see the BYU campus and stadium. I've always been a closet BYU fan and I suppose that started back when they upset SMU and then later #1 Miami. Some great QB's have played there like Detmer, McMahon, and Young.
Would love to go to a game there. Their fans seem to be as rabid and into it as any in the country and I like to watch them play on TV when they have a late game after the SEC has wrapped it up for the day.
For anyone that hasn't been to Utah, or anywhere in the western mountain states, I encourage you to put a trip there on your bucket list.

This one mught be the one that breaks the bank. Still a ton of tickets on sale, and not just the aftermarket. All the blues are unsold tickets. All the reds are people who are about to lose a lot of money trying to be cute and make an extra buck.

View attachment 571564

No idea about the economics but I just checked prices for some of the blue seats on Ticketmaster and they are absurd for a poor senior citizen like me. Non-end zone seats going for $365. I would be surprised if this game sells out at those prices; if it does sell out, then our fans’ expectations for this season will be validated as sky high in my mind.

We have SOOO many transplants in the Nashville area, and the talent level has gone way up. Playing in Nashville is nothing but a positive for Mid-State recruiting.

Isn’t Nashville kinda a college town/city? They have Vandy.

Nashville as a whole...no. It's a tourist trap.
The West End area....kinda...but still not like what most think of as a "college town". Vandy folk are a different breed.

Reactions: FBtime
My wife and I were in Salt Lake a couple of years ago and we drove down to Provo just to see the BYU campus and stadium. I've always been a closet BYU fan and I suppose that started back when they upset SMU and then later #1 Miami. Some great QB's have played there like Detmer, McMahon, and Young.
Would love to go to a game there. Their fans seem to be as rabid and into it as any in the country and I like to watch them play on TV when they have a late game after the SEC has wrapped it up for the day.
For anyone that hasn't been to Utah, or anywhere in the western mountain states, I encourage you to put a trip there on your bucket list.

Several years ago we were traveling from Moab (amazing town if you’ve never been there) to Yellowstone NP and drove through Provo. Went by the campus and it was beautiful. I decided then I wanted to see a game there and was super excited when that game was scheduled. I hate they cancelled it but still plan on going out there for a game at some point.

Reactions: jimed1

VN Store

Back