Hate we are playing in Nashville

Aww makes since now
We had no choice for a home game. This game is in lieu of the BYU away game so it was never going to be in Neyland. UVA would not agree for a one-off in Knoxville so the next best thing is Neyland West in Nashville. Personally, I am looking forward to winning a damn game in Nashville. The stadium is just fine and the concessions are better than Neyland. It also allows the Vols to spend some quality time in front ot Middle Tennessee prospects.

This… Plus I really wanted to go to Provo
BYU would have been the first game west of the rockies since Eugene in 2013. I think a game in another region of the country would have greater recruiting impact than yet another game in a city less than 200 miles away and that Tennessee already plays in every other year.

The next opportunity to play out west is Washington in 2030 but who knows the status of that game with UW moving to the Big 10+8

Reactions: BristolVol and tbh
BYU would have been the first game west of the rockies since Eugene in 2013. I think a game in another region of the country would have greater recruiting impact than yet another game in a city less than 200 miles away and that Tennessee already plays in every other year.

The next opportunity to play out west is Washington in 2030 but who knows the status of that game with UW moving to the Big 10+8
Agree with all that and who wouldn’t want to watch a football game here?
7DCE26D4-05E6-4ACC-86F1-CBEA63E1CB62.jpeg

Last edited:
Wonder if we will ever play another one at Bristol Speedway. Not a fan of Butch of course; but that setting was quite the spectacle

Reactions: CDB
yes but if they want a true neutral site game I would want it to be every other year or even 3rd year so we don’t lose that home game every year
With the game at Vandy next season, Tennessee will have played games in Nashville 7 of the previous 8 years and 4 years straight.

Enough is enough.

We had no choice for a home game. This game is in lieu of the BYU away game so it was never going to be in Neyland. UVA would not agree for a one-off in Knoxville so the next best thing is Neyland West in Nashville. Personally, I am looking forward to winning a damn game in Nashville. The stadium is just fine and the concessions are better than Neyland. It also allows the Vols to spend some quality time in front ot Middle Tennessee prospects.
^This! Never understood the umbrage from our fans on this one. We traded an away game for a basically home game smack dab in the middle of recruiting territory…particularly two 2025 QBs who could easily take an UOV.

Give me all the 5 stars in…Utah?

Living only 30 minutes from Nissan, I, for one, am grateful I can watch the Vols play in Nashville against somebody other than Vandy or in the underwhelming Music City Bowl.

Reactions: CDB
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I really wish we had kept the BYU game. We owed them an old fashioned ass kicking.
I would’ve been much more likely to go on the BYU trip than Nashville. My wife and I had seriously considering turning that into a vacation.

Meh, it's basically a UT home game as it is. An opponent that doesn't travel well for football will probably be the thing that cuts down on attendance.

This is the first "neutral" site we have had in like 5 years isn't it? Last one offhand was in Cornbreads first game if I remember correctly.

I can handle twice a decade.

VN Store

Back