Has Josh Heupel proven his worth?

Say what? We are playing against a team with three deep 5 stars
Coaching too conservative with the game on the line. Did the same thing last week. That's my biggest pet peeve with him so far. I get they are more talented but you don't take a delay of game on 4th and 1 at midfield down 7 and then tell your team you're gonna do whatever it takes to win. And the playcalling is pretty much run, run, pass.

Not after tonight.

He doesn't know how to coach in the big games.

Last couple of games his play calling has been questionable.

No he hasn't, it's only been 8 games. You'd think we'd learn our lesson not to come to quick conclusions about coaches by now. No way to tell either way.

He is our coach what he’s done with this team and having them compete. When he gets his players and we are full force, SEC I’m trouble.

Do you feel Coach Heupel has proven he can field a winning team? He came into a dumpster fire of a program with more than 30 players, many key athletes, leaving for other schools. In my opinion he has taken 71 scholarship players and has fielded a very competitive team in a short period of time. It will be a breadth of fresh air to see his future teams bringing Tennessee football back to the Tennessee of old! I'm excited.

I don't think he has quite earned an extention yet. However, he has taken what should have been a rebuilding project, and made it worth watching. Tonight, there have been a truckload of dumb penalties. But there has been no quitting. There is more building to do. More depth to find. He is slightly exceeding expectations. Next year will tell us much. Unless some McDonald's bags are floatting around.

Reactions: volaholic
He needs to get his own players in there and then we'll see what he can do...I am excited for the future and he deserves a lot of time to build us back up...Remember we got the NCAA thing hanging over our heads right now as well so that will most likely hinder things a little...Hopefully the fans won't try to lynch him before he has time to build it up here.

Reactions: SMU Vol
He‘s got guys buying in for sure. I can’t wait to see him with a full roster of his Players. With that said, punting on that 4th and 1 near midfield with a D that was gassed was very weak

I think he has done a good job getting the team to buy in and play with competitiveness. I think he will get better in time too. The penalties have been awful but you are still dealing with a team that hasn’t played together. This team needs talent on both sides of the ball. I am still not 100% sold on Hooker. He has had some really good passes but man he folds under pressure….and that spin move….what is up with that? I do think he’s the best we have for now. I’d love to see him get tougher. I know his O-line has to protect him. Man oh man, if Milton just had his decision making and touch on the ball.

CH will be the best coach we have seen in the past 15 years. He is doing a lot with a little. Once we get some players in to fill all our empty voids he is going to be the real deal. If you can’t already see it you must be blind. There have been some crap play calling here and there. I’m with you on that. We have to keep this coaching staff together for a few years. Our defense is playing good right now. Offense is playing good. We just shoot our selves in the foot a good bit. With time that will all works itself out. We are on the upswing of the s***hole of a team we have watched for the last 15 years. I’m pumped about the future myself.

VN Store

Back