Has Josh Heupel proven his worth?

Capt Straight

Give Him 6!
Do you feel Coach Heupel has proven he can field a winning team? He came into a dumpster fire of a program with more than 30 players, many key athletes, leaving for other schools. In my opinion he has taken 71 scholarship players and has fielded a very competitive team in a short period of time. It will be a breadth of fresh air to see his future teams bringing Tennessee football back to the Tennessee of old! I'm excited.

Do you feel Coach Heupel has proven he can field a winning team? He came into a dumpster fire of a program with more than 30 players, many key athletes, leaving for other schools. In my opinion he has taken 71 scholarship players and has fielded a very competitive team in a short period of time. It will be a breadth of fresh air to see his future teams bringing Tennessee football back to the Tennessee of old! I'm excited.
The shortage of players will be a bigger factor in the next two seasons, more than likely. I think he’s definitely on the right track, but people thought Pruitt was awesome during the 8-game winning streak. I think Heup has definitely improved this team, though.

Better than pruitt, no question (who isn't, I was wrong in hoping for the best), better than lyle yes, better than doolittle yes, good enough to last, hope so, he's earned the right to go forward

Demonstrated potential. He has to prove his worth off the field as well as on. I think he can be the guy, best coach we’ve had in a while. He has to recruit though.

Reactions: Capt Straight
Demonstrated potential. He has to prove his worth off the field as well as on. I think he can be the guy, best coach we’ve had in a while. He has to recruit though.
Better than Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt? Idk, that's a pretty high bar.

Did Botch Jones prove his worth in 2016 when he went 9-4? Did Conehead prove his worth in 2019 when he went 8-5? What is it with fanatics that always like to declare the latest coach the answer after a only a small taste of success? Time will tell ... be patient and hope for the best.

No, not yet. Too early in his career with UT. As it stands, yeah, it looks like the team is getting better every game.

This is correct take IMO.

I'm already impressed with his ability to coach and develop players. His in-game coaching has generally been excellent as well.

The big question mark is still recruiting. Unfair to evaluate him too much on the guys he brought in this season (he didn't start till February; slim picking at that point). So it'll take a few years to see how well he identifies talent and can convince top players to come to UT. That said, I feel like this offense should be a big selling point to recruits.

He’s been better than I expected without a doubt, and he has this team performing above their potential which is typically a good sign. But, we’ve had this exact same question asked with every one of our coaches in the past once a glimmer of hope is shown.

In my opinion, he isn’t proven until he hears Florida, Georgia, or Alabama. Those are the teams you have to beat to win championships. Until that point….

VN Store

Back