Has Josh Heupel proven his worth?

Do you feel Coach Heupel has proven he can field a winning team? He came into a dumpster fire of a program with more than 30 players, many key athletes, leaving for other schools. In my opinion he has taken 71 scholarship players and has fielded a very competitive team in a short period of time. It will be a breadth of fresh air to see his future teams bringing Tennessee football back to the Tennessee of old! I'm excited.
So far so good. IMO hard to make a call either way only 7 games in.

Reactions: Volanta
What Heupel has done this first year is far far more impressive than any of our former coaches have done in their first year. Heck kiffin inherited two first round players including without doubt our most dominant defensive player since Reggie White with much better playmakers on offense along with many more scholarship players and Heupel likely will have the same record at the end of his first year. Maybe a better job than any of our head coaches given our talent since Neyland’s first year. Majors struggled his first year and fulmer’s 93 team ended ranked 11th despite having heisman runner-up and a ton of talent

He has shown plenty of reason to think he can and will get it done. So he’s given us reason for optimism. Lots of it. But he won’t “prove his worth” until Tennessee is back.

He's tied for 10th in the SEC in salary with Drinkwitz at Missouri. We are way better than Missouri and are better than the 10th best team in the league already imo.

Not yet and it doesn't look like he will tonight either. He needs to beat somebody he's not supposed to. He needs the defense to win a game. Have seen much improvement so far, but still need better play makers on defense.

Are you serious Clark? Look at the way this under-manned team is playing. They fight, scratch and claw for every inch. They never quit and are almost never out of position. Yes, he has more than earned his money, Give all of the assistant coaches a raise at the end of the season.

Not yet and it doesn't look like he will tonight either. He needs to beat somebody he's not supposed to. He needs the defense to win a game. Have seen much improvement so far, but still need better play makers on defense.

Wasn’t Missouri favored? They certainly have a fuller roster.

Do you feel Coach Heupel has proven he can field a winning team? He came into a dumpster fire of a program with more than 30 players, many key athletes, leaving for other schools. In my opinion he has taken 71 scholarship players and has fielded a very competitive team in a short period of time. It will be a breadth of fresh air to see his future teams bringing Tennessee football back to the Tennessee of old! I'm excited.
With all the players Tennessee lost to, transfers, NFL, i do not know how many but it was alot. He has taken alot less talent than Pruitt had and Tennessee is in these games this year. I know Pittsburgh beat us but they also beat Clemson today.

Reactions: ReelfootVol
Did Botch Jones prove his worth in 2016 when he went 9-4? Did Conehead prove his worth in 2019 when he went 8-5? What is it with fanatics that always like to declare the latest coach the answer after a only a small taste of success? Time will tell ... be patient and hope for the best.

Fair point, and I am still not totally sold yet on Huepel, but he would throttle this specific AL team with that Dobbs led 9-4 team.

Dobbs at QB, Kamara at RB and that line. Oh man. It would have been nice.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

1BD8713F-B5F8-4A28-8ECC-F422192D086E.jpeg

After 6 1/2 games?

I think some situational playcalling could be better but I'm extremely impressed with this team so far and I believe if he can get some top talent in here we can win some big games.

I think this is the best coached team in over a decade. He’s put together a team full of spare parts from other programs and has them playing much better than I expected.

I won’t proclaim him the savior of the program until he can recruit at least at the level of his last 2 predecessors, but this team is more prepared each week than I’ve grown accustomed to since 2008.

I think this is the best coached team in over a decade. He’s put together a team full of spare parts from other programs and has them playing much better than I expected.

I won’t proclaim him the savior of the program until he can recruit at least at the level of his last 2 predecessors, but this team is more prepared each week than I’ve grown accustomed to since 2008.
We looked good every game 2015. We went 5-7 in 2008

VN Store

Back