Harrison Bailey

Yeah I didn't expect those. For some reason I had forgotten how he played in that game. A few low throws too.

A ton of check downs, as well. He did hit a number of receivers on intermediate routes, but this offense doesn't seem to employ all of the swing passes that comprised a bulk of the completions during that video.

He didn't look terrible in that, though.

A ton of check downs, as well. He did hit a number of receivers on intermediate routes, but this offense doesn't seem to employ all of the swing passes that comprised a bulk of the completions during that video.

He didn't look terrible in that, though.

Some Texas A&M clips: Couple of nice passes and some ugly stuff too. I don't know what to think of HB. He was a Freshman being "developed" by a horrible staff.

Reactions: Wireless1
Some Texas A&M clips: Couple of nice passes and some ugly stuff too. I don't know what to think of HB. He was a Freshman being "developed" by a horrible staff.

Yeah, it's really hard to take a ton away from these clips. On some plays it looks like he sees the field pretty well. Then almost all of the sacks in that clip come on plays where he had a lot of time. So, without a better angle, was everyone covered, or did he just fail to pull the trigger?

He definitely hit some passes that were nice, and the ball was on the money. But, he had a lot of miscues in that game.

Reactions: sona
For HB vs a bottom-tier team, I present Vandy! He has a nice run here. The kid will move a bit if the lane is there.

Reactions: Truth is honor
Yeah, it's really hard to take a ton away from these clips. On some plays it looks like he sees the field pretty well. Then almost all of the sacks in that clip come on plays where he had a lot of time. So, without a better angle, was everyone covered, or did he just fail to pull the trigger?

He definitely hit some passes that were nice, and the ball was on the money. But, he had a lot of miscues in that game.
Look like that freshman was as good last year as anything we got this year. We have seen all we need to of milton. Give hooker the start and give Bailey the second half. Of course if he does well the haters will pass it off as garbage time and say it was tech's 4th string

Reactions: Vol17222
Look like that freshman was as good last year as anything we got this year. We have seen all we need to of milton. Give hooker the start and give Bailey the second half. Of course if he does well the haters will pass it off as garbage time and say it was tech's 4th string
Same can be said about his fans. If he looks good against the 4th string, that doesn't mean he would against 1 & 2's.
It would be good to see how he handles the offense but if goes and beats up on some 3&4 stringers, that doesn't make a case for a I told you so start him comments that will be posted

I did not compare him to Bray or claim he was better than Bray. Your claim that UT has not had a good QB since 2012 is what I questioned. Dobbs fits my understanding of the word "good" for a college QB, but perhaps the stats below say something else to you.

Josh Dobbs (played in 37 games) (Joshua Dobbs College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com)
  • 7138 career passing yards
  • 2160 career rushing yards
  • 62 career receiving yards
  • 53 TDs passing (29 INTs), 32 TDs rushing and 2 TD receiving = 87 total TDs
  • #1 in the SEC in 2016 in TDs
  • #1 in the SEC in 2016 in passing efficiency rating
  • #2 in the SEC in 2016 in total yards per play
  • #14 all-time in the SEC in career pass completion percentage
  • #14 all-time in the SEC in number of TDs
  • #19 all-time in the SEC in total yards
  • 2016 Sr Bowl invitee
  • 2016 SEC Offensive player of the year
  • 2016 AP and Coaches 2nd Team All-SEC
  • 2013: Started 4 games (played in 5 total games) and won 1/4 starts (no bowl game that season)
  • 2014: Started 3 games (played in 6 total games) and won 3/3 starts (beat Iowa in bowl game)
  • 2015: Started 13 games and won 9 (beat Northwestern in bowl game)
  • 2016: Started 13 games and won 9 (beat Nebraska in bowl game)
  • 2017 NFL draft pick - 4th round
Just for comparison,

Tyler Bray (played in 28 games) (Tyler Bray College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com)
  • 7444 career passing yards
  • -207 career rushing yards
  • 0 career receiving yards
  • 69 TDs passing (28 INTs), 1 TD rushing, 0 TD receiving = 70 total TDs
  • #1 in the SEC in 2012 for pass attempts
  • #8 in the SEC in 2012 in passing yards per attempt
  • #9 in the SEC in 2012 in pass completion percentage
  • #22 in the SEC in career passing TDs
  • #24 in the SEC in career passing efficiency
  • 2010: Started 5 games (played in 9 games) and won 4/5 starts (lost bowl game to UNC)
  • 2011: Started 7 games (played in 7 games) and won 4/7 starts (no bowl game that season)
  • 2012: Started 12 games (played in 12 games) and won 5/12 starts (no bowl game that season)
  • 2013 NFL Draft - undrafted; signed as undrafted free agent

Like I said as a pure passing QB, Bray was much better.

No one is arguing about Tyler Bray's talent. Your original statement, "We haven’t had good QB play since 2012" did not limit the discussion to pure passing QBs.

That’s my opinion. Obviously yours is different. That’s cool. When I discuss QB play, I don’t factor in running. Because that’s secondary to passing.

Reactions: VolsFan-TX
I expect to see HB enter the game with 1:30 left in the game. Two handoffs. :oops:
I feel it's one of the following.
He's terrible ( we've seen him so I don't believe that)
He's in the dog house.
Coach don't believe they can protect him and don't want to get him killed ( See Milton's look out block)

Harrison Bailey is gonna end up being the man at QB, at least I hope so. Milton is going to get destroyed by SEC defenses with his style of running where he kinda stands straight up and he's leaving himself open to get rocked.

Huepel is the QB guru and I think he would lose the fanbase if he can't win with Bailey.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Same can be said about his fans. If he looks good against the 4th string, that doesn't mean he would against 1 & 2's.
It would be good to see how he handles the offense but if goes and beats up on some 3&4 stringers, that doesn't make a case for a I told you so start him comments that will be posted
Milton couldn't do that to BG. Do you hear yourself. He could not FINISH BG. Let that sink in. I wanna see what Hooker can do. If these guys cant finish the worst teams we play, why can we not see Bailey. Hell our punter playing qb could beat these teams.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Milton couldn't do that to BG. Do you hear yourself. He could not FINISH BG. Let that sink in. I wanna see what Hooker can do. If these guys cant finish the worst teams we play, why can we not see Bailey. Hell our punter playing qb could beat these teams.
Couldn't care less about what Milton can and can't do at this point. I was willing to give him a chance but after game 2 it's all about seeing Hooker said that here in multiple thread. I've stated if we put Tech away I'd like to see Bailey in the 4th but not a fan of all the put Bailey in over Hooker comments.

Harrison Bailey is gonna end up being the man at QB, at least I hope so. Milton is going to get destroyed by SEC defenses with his style of running where he kinda stands straight up and he's leaving himself open to get rocked.

Huepel is the QB guru and I think he would lose the fanbase if he can't win with Bailey.
Nah I don't think thats the case. However Hendon outplayed Milton and its not even close. Yet hes trotting Milton out against Tech. Wtf for ? You say you wanna win now ? Thats funny

I'll have to go back and watch it. I missed most the second half but I thought Hooker looked shaky but that's a small sample size.

Playing with a broken thumb is not helping Milton any I don't imagine. If that's my guy though and he needed some rest before Florida it's a good opportunity for that. I'd play Hooker and Bailey Saturday and press the kicking game. I hear tell that's where the breaks are made

HB should 100 percent be given a chance to play.
He wont, tho.
Not under this coach. He would look absolutely stupid if HB went out there and played better than Milton/Hooker. Which he probably would.
Hope he transfers, i'll become a fan of that team.
You are absolutely right, this coach is not smart enough to play a good quarterback. I too hope Bailey transfers. He is too good to be sitting on the bench. Especially when the two other quarterbacks are not nearly as good as Bailey.

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
For HB vs a bottom-tier team, I present Vandy! He has a nice run here. The kid will move a bit if the lane is there.

It's not surprising how his running/scrambling looks against Vandy vs. A&M. Every time he took off vs A&M it looked like he was running in mud

Two different coaching staffs decided he wasn't the answer. Heupel went out and recruited two more QBs once he saw Bailey in practice. If we're ever down to our third QB we'll be happy to have him, but nothing he's shown to either coaching staff has shown that he's starting material.

This is 100% incorrect..He started the last several games last year under Pruitt and by far looked the best in the spring game. He just doesn't run as well as they want. He's by far the best passed on the team

Reactions: dgrind65

VN Store

Back