Harrison Bailey, thy time is now….

I wish we would see HB, just out of principle. I really don’t want to see Milton under center ever again

Everyone already thought Milton was softer than toilet paper! The QB has to be a leader and no-one on that team could support him right way after what happened. Time heals all wounds but play HB if at all possible.

mhm-mhmm.gif

Reactions: SmokeyLives
I think it's stupid to waste a redshirt throwing Bailey to the wolves Alabama and Georgia. If the guy was any good then tell me why he didn't wow the coaches and show them what a bad *** he really was this spring and fall? I mean come on man do you think they're going to sit somebody that it's clear can win?

Again, I don’t know that he is or isn’t good. I do know that Heupel whiffed on Milton, and had Hooker on the bench. You conceded that with your hindsight is 20/20 statement.

Milton stinks, that is a fact. Maybe, just like Hooker, Bailey is better than Milton as well.

Reactions: 508mikey
I’m a huge HB fan. saw him play twice in HS. I think he’ll be great in time. If he has to play he’ll survive it but sadly he’s not as ready as the others. The game is still moving to fast for him…or he’s processing too slowly. Take your pick but either way we won’t see Bailey unless the other 2 get hurt.
Seems like that’s how it is supposed to work, juniors and seniors should be ahead of sophomores (especially if the sophomore spent freshman year with Weinke). I don’t get the idea that since Bailey is third string at the moment, he will never amount to anything here.

Sure thing, Guy.
Or you could have just told him what you heard in the same amount of time it took you to be a Richard.
It’s hard to explain Heupel’s response - not what he said but how he said it. Imagine your response if your teenage son did something really boneheaded and someone asked you to explain what your son was thinking. The response was sort of a mix of irritation and bafflement.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
It’s hard to explain Heupel’s response - not what he said but how he said it. Imagine your response if your teenage son did something really boneheaded and someone asked you to explain what your son was thinking. The response was sort of a mix of irritation and bafflement.
Now see, that wasn’t so hard.

Again, I don’t know that he is or isn’t good. I do know that Heupel whiffed on Milton, and had Hooker on the bench. You conceded that with your hindsight is 20/20 statement.

Milton stinks, that is a fact. Maybe, just like Hooker, Bailey is better than Milton as well.

I doubt Bailey is better than Milton and I trust the staff's judgement. He's not ready for the big time we saw him in garbage time of a game earlier this year. He couldn't beat out a senior and a junior and that's to be expected because that's normally how it goes.

Reactions: onecrazytj
Everyone already thought Milton was softer than toilet paper! The QB has to be a leader and no-one on that team could support him right way after what happened. Time heals all wounds but play HB if at all possible.
Ridiculous

I cannot say that Bailey is ready, not ready, good, bad, somewhere in between, etc because I have not seem him in meaningful snaps. Based on last year, I saw a kid who has potential but still needed to grow mentally and physically. He didn't wow me but also didn't seem like any of it was too big for him.

The thing is, it is not just getting game time (garbage time or not). What we saw with Hooker is that he looked rough at first and then after a couple of weeks, he was a different player. That is what getting full-time, first team reps will do. Coaches say that they prepare everybody to play, but that is just not true with QBs. QB1 gets a lot of attention from the coaches, especially around game planning. A couple of weeks of 1st team reps and coaching with CJH, and we have no idea what HB would be like.

I will have no problem if CJH trots HB out there to start the game, but I won't be surprised or disappointed if he isn't the second coming of Joe Montana. My inclination would be to start Milton and hope for the best, but I think CJHs decision will depend greatly on the extent of Hooker's injury. If we see Bailey out there to start, it probably means that Hooker is out for the year.

Reactions: Kicker82
Heupel will do everything possible to keep HB off the field IMO. He has his own reasons and he has not revealed them. Any of us here at VN that lay out the why are doing so with pure speculation. I speculate it's an ego thing for Heupel. How do you allow the 3rd stringer to take the field, possibly out play the guy you told the world was #1, that ending up being a giant suck job and before the public eye out played by #2 and who gets outplayed by #3? Hooker took that QB whisperer thing Heupel had down a few pegs and if Bailey takes the field successfully, it totally discredits that altogether. Heupel ain't having that y'all.
I’m convinced some of you are truly crazy… if you just listen to coach and watch how this team plays hard and loves him you would know it’s definitely not an Ego I hope this was blue font… Coach Is building a true winning culture he has no ego and he would be excited if HB15 ended up being the best he has not earned more reps up to this point he is technically still a freshman just relax… when he plays he plays no need to rush it if he is not ready or better than the guys in front of him at the moment.

Reactions: 1world1love
because Beldar.2 is the coach
You might want to consider sticking with the Politics Forum. This kind of ignorance is common and many times celebrated by the dim bulbs there. It is obvious you don’t know much about football if you are putting Pruitt and Heupel in the same universe.

I doubt Bailey is better than Milton and I trust the staff's judgement. He's not ready for the big time we saw him in garbage time of a game earlier this year. He couldn't beat out a senior and a junior and that's to be expected because that's normally how it goes.

And again…..the staff’s judgment has already proven to be faulty in starting Milton over the clearly superior Hooker.

I love the staff, but that is just a clearly obvious fact.

The only game that really matters is Kentucky. Let’s hope Hooker is good to go by then. It doesn’t matter who the QB is for the other four games. We’ll lose to Bama/Georgia and should win the other two regardless of the QB. The only game where the QB could be the difference between winning and losing is KY.

Don’t have to. He’s the 3rd string QB behind Milton.

So Hooker > Milton > Bailey

Bailey must really frikkin’ suck that we are in week 8 and he still can’t beat out Milton.

Seriously, Bailey can’t run the offense at the tempo required. If you want Bailey as your QB, then just bring back Gump as well because that’s the kind of offense required to apparently fit his skill set.

Gump didn’t want to use Bailey for his offense either.

VN Store

Back