Harrison Bailey, thy time is now….

Like Hooker? Not the best argument considering we had a Ferrari on the pine to start the year, and chose the Ford Pinto instead.

Milton wasn't really at camp that long, only a few weeks, and it has been reported that he is another of those "Great at practice" QBs. Heupel needed to see him in a game situation and did. He was yanked after 2+ games, so that's a pretty quick correction on Heupel's part.

As for Hooker, I love the guy and thought he should start after game 1. I wouldn't call him a Ferrari though. Maybe a basic 6-cylinder Mustang coupe, very affordable and good speed but not quite a Cobra yet. I'll take him over the JG Yugo any day though.

There’s a reason Heupel keeps trotting Milton out there instead of Bailey.

What it is I have no idea, but there’s a reason.

There were reasons he trotted Milton out instead of Hooker. After Milton ran out of bounds on the final play of a five point game, I don't see how the coach and the team could support him getting more chances. IMO, it's time for next man up.

Milton will be the starter if Hooker is out. If you haven't realized that's Heupel's order, you aren't paying attention.

The question is, if it goes badly for Milton, which seems likely, when and if will Bailey get a shot.

I guess we will find out, but Bailey coming in down multiple scores against a still angry bammer D doesn't seem like a great opportunity for him to me.

If it goes badly for Milton against Bama (and it will), Bailey should tell Huepel to keep his hand picked hero Milton in the game. Bailey shouldn’t bother risking injury or anything else for UT. He needs to ride the pine this season and transfer out with as much eligibility as possible for his next team. Let the chosen hero take the beating.

Reactions: 508mikey
The conjecture about what Bailey can or cannot do with CJH offense is BS. Until he earns or is given the opportunity to play significant number of minutes, nobody knows.

I would emphasize significant to mean an entire game, an entire half at the least. Bailey is not a flash QB. He works to add up percentages throughout an entire game, which is what he ought to have opportunity to play. I doubt that he's afraid to play in the bammer game. He probably wants it more than anything. After the end of the Ole Miss game, I really don't know what Joe Milton wants. I've never seen a UT QB so unconcerned with winning.

ADD: Tillman should have caught Milton's pass, but that is no excuse for running out of bounds instead of throwing the ball into the end zone.

Last edited:
If it goes badly for Milton against Bama (and it will), Bailey should tell Huepel to keep his hand picked hero Milton in the game. Bailey shouldn’t bother risking injury or anything else for UT. He needs to ride the pine this season and transfer out with as much eligibility as possible for his next team. Let the chosen hero take the beating.

You know, after the crapshow we've seen from Milton if Heupel gives Milton the starting reps this week I wouldn't blame Bailey at all for saying "you know what, I'm out" and go somewhere that will give him a shot.

We know Milton isn't a good QB. He wasn't at Michigan, he wasn't before he got injured and in 2 chances he airmailed a pass and made likely one of the dumbest decisions in college football this year.

At this point with so many injuries and so little depth, the hurry up might do more harm than good. Might be smartbto slownitndown with HB for a couple games till Hooker can go.

I know what you are saying, but they must play like they practice.
They probably will slow it some, but I don’t think we will start out too slow.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
There were reasons he trotted Milton out instead of Hooker. After Milton ran out of bounds on the final play of a five point game, I don't see how the coach and the team could support him getting more chances. IMO, it's time for next man up.
I agree. But CJH didn’t ask me or i would have put Bailey in Saturday night

Reactions: Vol Main
Like Hooker? Not the best argument considering we had a Ferrari on the pine to start the year, and chose the Ford Pinto instead.

Hindsight is always 20/20. If I recall correctly when Hooker first came off the bench he made a few bad throws too. Hooker and Milton are the short term solution here. HB needs to wait, his time will come, and he would be an absolute fool to transfer. But if that's what he chooses to do, bye bye.

Hindsight is always 20/20. If I recall correctly when Hooker first came off the bench he made a few bad throws too. Hooker and Milton are the short term solution here. HB needs to wait, his time will come, and he would be an absolute fool to transfer. But if that's what he chooses to do, bye bye.

And maybe hindsight could be 20/20 again. That’s the point.

Hard to do RPO without the R
The Run in RPO doesn't mean QB run. Instead of a zone read handoff for a run, the QB reads a safety or LB to decide whether to handoff or throw. Teams run an RPO offense all the time with a statue QB. It does not require a mobile QB at all to be successful. It doesn't hurt, but not required.

If that’s the case he should pack his bags now, but something tells me he isn’t a loser

Reactions: 508mikey
He'll play this weekend for one reason or another. He just needs to be ready, they shouldn't even dress Hooker this week.

Troll and a dumb one at that. Come back when you graduate 2nd grade and try again.
tumblr_m4o1d2ZIea1qdlh1io1_250.gif

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I think that Heupel has convinced Bailey to RS this year, which would actually be a smart move on both of their parts. It was always going to be a transition year and there is no need to force Bailey into a situation he may not be prepared for. He is clearly bulking up and is probably working on arm strength, as well as learning the offense. CJH had to figure that having two experienced QBs to carry the load would give Bailey time.

Having said that, I said it before and I'll say it again, there is no chance that we won't need all three to play this year, and if I were CJH, I would get the scout team QB some extra reps this week as well. We are one game into our gauntlet and are already down a QB. Even if Milton starts the game against Bama, there are no guarantees that he will finish it.

Reactions: Easyriders
I'm sure he'll get his chance. Milton is the second string, but if he gets Hurt or is ineffective, then I'm sure Heupel will give him a chance.

And maybe hindsight could be 20/20 again. That’s the point.

I think it's stupid to waste a redshirt throwing Bailey to the wolves Alabama and Georgia. If the guy was any good then tell me why he didn't wow the coaches and show them what a bad *** he really was this spring and fall? I mean come on man do you think they're going to sit somebody that it's clear can win?

VN Store

Back