Harrison Bailey, thy time is now….

Don’t have to. He’s the 3rd string QB behind Milton.

So Hooker > Milton > Bailey

Bailey must really frikkin’ suck that we are in week 8 and he still can’t beat out Milton.

Seriously, Bailey can’t run the offense at the tempo required. If you want Bailey as your QB, then just bring back Gump as well because that’s the kind of offense required to apparently fit his skill set.
You should be looking at the big picture!

Reactions: 508mikey
I’m a huge HB fan. saw him play twice in HS. I think he’ll be great in time. If he has to play he’ll survive it but sadly he’s not as ready as the others. The game is still moving to fast for him…or he’s processing too slowly. Take your pick but either way we won’t see Bailey unless the other 2 get hurt.
Have you not watched the other two sit back there to long flat footed. We have way to many sacks. Holding the ball that long can also cause other things to go wrong. Fumbles or bad decisions throwing the ball. Throw the ball away and live for another down. Bailey can hit the receivers just like the other two can or better. He’s just got to be given the chance. Hookers legs have been good but he doesn’t know when to get down. When he got hurt...if he had slid forward and got down to save time . He wouldn’t have gotten his ankle/knee rolled over. He has to learn to slide especially in that situation in the game and also to protect himself. If Hooker isn’t playing then Bailey needs to be guy. If Milton plays there’s gonna be a lot of TVs being turned off. I’m completely dumbfounded by his decision making. The dude has no excuses....he’s been playing Qb. to long to make these kind of boneheaded plays. Didn’t give his players the chance to make a play. Not to mention the let down that the defense had to feel after they did there part !!!

And again…..the staff’s judgment has already proven to be faulty in starting Milton over the clearly superior Hooker.

I love the staff, but that is just a clearly obvious fact.

I’m not sure it’s fair. Milton was the only one that was recruited by CJH and all they had to go on was practice. They had to choose one. Miltons arm strength is hard to ignore.

Hooker took a minute before he looked good. The first game you could see potential but he also wasn’t convincing. The same could be said for Milton.

My word. I almost posted a thread recently celebrating the fresh air of no Bailey threads. He just doesn’t have it. His talent hasn’t translated to big boy football yet. I will say, despite milton’s potential, he’s shown to not have the brains and control in fast, live-action football, but Bailey isn’t just a guy the coaches like to hate. He’s a good teammate and I’m sure they love his potential, but he hasn’t shown to be ready to even perform at Milton’s level.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
And again…..the staff’s judgment has already proven to be faulty in starting Milton over the clearly superior Hooker.

I love the staff, but that is just a clearly obvious fact.

Ok let me put it to you like this. We're half way through the season here and I think Heupel and staff have earned the benefit of the doubt on whatever decision they make.

However, Heupel and staff don't need mine, yours or anyone else on the internets' approval here regardless of what goes down.

Jeremy Pruitt didn't need our say so or approval either.

Butch Jones didn't.

Derek Dooley didn't.

Coach Fulmer didn't.

Complain about it all you want but the coach gets to make those calls. Let's put our support behind him and see how this thing plays out. Think what you will but I think it's stupid to burn Bailey's redshirt in a lost cause. And if Bailey wants to throw a temper tantrum and end up starting at ETSU or some such, goodbye, and have fun with that decision, I wish him the best. Tennessee football is much bigger than ANY one player on that roster...

You might want to consider sticking with the Politics Forum. This kind of ignorance is common and many times celebrated by the dim bulbs there. It is obvious you don’t know much about football if you are putting Pruitt and Heupel in the same universe.
🤡

Last edited:
Don’t have to. He’s the 3rd string QB behind Milton.

So Hooker > Milton > Bailey

Bailey must really frikkin’ suck that we are in week 8 and he still can’t beat out Milton.

Seriously, Bailey can’t run the offense at the tempo required. If you want Bailey as your QB, then just bring back Gump as well because that’s the kind of offense required to apparently fit his skill set.
How does it help for Milton to go fast and over throw 3 times and then our defense is back on the field, it makes no sense

Reactions: 508mikey
We know exactly what Milton is. He's shown what he is at Michigan and then repeatedly here. Even without the fan/trash incident, the way he ended our game is being put on blast for just how... utterly Tennessee football it was. Complete lack of awareness.

And he'll still get 1st String reps over Bailey. A guy that Heupel seems to think sucks even after he did everything right in the Spring Game and got like 6 passes late off the bench.

Bailey won't get a shot to prove anything. He'll transfer out, likely to a rival, and light us up. That's the Tennessee way.
How many QB transfers have left then "lit us up?"

He would win games. His accuracy alone and getting the ball out where it needs to be would ensure that. But he’s been shoved aside, not given a chance and won’t be here next year. The Milton love affair has sealed that deal.

Not this crap again??? Geez we are gonna lose this game by 40 points anyway and it would give Bailey experience!! You folks need to look at the big picture instead of having tunnel vision!!
You've been oddly silent as Hooker has shown himself a very good QB. It's good to have you back! Are you ready to admit Hooker is a fine QB yet?

Suggesting Bailey play against the Bama rush when our O Line is depleted and Bailey is less mobile than the city of Mobile is a death sentence for the kid.

He's still not a fit for the offense. As you've seen the success Hooker has had with Heupel's offense, please tell me how Bailey resembles Hooker's style in any way. I'll wait.

Reactions: Volflyfisher
Ok let me put it to you like this. We're half way through the season here and I think Heupel and staff have earned the benefit of the doubt on whatever decision they make.

However, Heupel and staff don't need mine, yours or anyone else on the internets' approval here regardless of what goes down.

Jeremy Pruitt didn't need our say so or approval either.

Butch Jones didn't.

Derek Dooley didn't.

Coach Fulmer didn't.

Complain about it all you want but the coach gets to make those calls. Let's put our support behind him and see how this thing plays out. Think what you will but I think it's stupid to burn Bailey's redshirt in a lost cause. And if Bailey wants to throw a temper tantrum and end up starting at ETSU or some such, goodbye, and have fun with that decision, I wish him the best. Tennessee football is much bigger than ANY one player on that roster...

You wasted probably 5 minutes typing that out.

“You’re not the coach, nah nah na boo boo” would have worked.

I’m not sure it’s fair. Milton was the only one that was recruited by CJH and all they had to go on was practice. They had to choose one. Miltons arm strength is hard to ignore.

Hooker took a minute before he looked good. The first game you could see potential but he also wasn’t convincing. The same could be said for Milton.
HB is a much more accurate passer than Milton. I don't care if Milton can throw the ball out of the stadium. If he can't show a catchable ball, he is useless plus one needs to use one's brain a little bit to play this game and win. We learned in the 2nd half of the USC game, we don't play well just running the ball and we would not have beaten USC with Milton . We don't know how we would have played with HB, but we will not win with Milton.

VN Store

Back