Hard to decipher, but I THINK Jennings may be saying he’s back on the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone on here young or old please translate this statement?

"u_aintjj Momma dere go dat man"

I'm really curious as to what this young man is saying.

Reactions: 2 people
Typical of fans. He made a few big plays and it blinds folks to the other issues. Pruitt gets the call, but it's a risk not worth taking IMO. This program needs a clean start with a solid foundation. Build it up the right way.

The flip side of this is that Pruitt gives him a chance on a very short leash. If it works then Pruitt looks like a genius. If it doesn’t, cut him loose quick and say we tried. They will know before the season whether or not its going to work. Although CJP may have used his scholly already.

Reactions: 1 person
You disagree with your commanding officer fine but you don't abandon your comrades on the battlefield. Js man, js

The flip side of this is that Pruitt gives him a chance on a very short leash. If it works then Pruitt looks like a genius. If it doesn’t, cut him loose quick and say we tried. They will know before the season whether or not its going to work. Although CJP may have used his scholly already.

If this was his first offense, I'd agree with you, but he's had numerous chances. Yes, people can change, but I have my doubts about Jennings. Doubt yet another opportunity will lead to a true change. Pruitt can roll the dice if he chooses, but I'd cut my losses and move the hell on from this problem. Coach up the good kids and depend on your recruiting. Let Jennings play his games and get high somewhere else.

If this was his first offense, I'd agree with you, but he's had numerous chances. Yes, people can change, but I have my doubts about Jennings. Doubt yet another opportunity will lead to a true change. Pruitt can roll the dice if he chooses, but I'd cut my losses and move the hell on from this problem. Coach up the good kids and depend on your recruiting. Let Jennings play his games and get high somewhere else.

Can’t argue with this, just saying what if.

Where have you been for the past 8 pages

Yeah, I've read through all this. I apologize if I missed it but I didn't see where anyone really knew what Mr. Jennings was attempting to communicate. For the record, I am in favor giving him one more chance with our new coaching staff. I'm sure a lot of ground rules would need to be set. He would likely have a lot more strict guidelines than others on the team. He has a great opportunity to make a difference here and also make a lot of money at the next level. I truly hope he doesn't blow it.

Typical of fans. He made a few big plays and it blinds folks to the other issues. Pruitt gets the call, but it's a risk not worth taking IMO. This program needs a clean start with a solid foundation. Build it up the right way.

Hopefully they put him on a short leash.

They coaches; you not.

The coaches will have more info than any of us armchair folks.

Last edited:
They coaches; you not.

The coaches will have more info than any of us armchair folks.

I've consistently said this is Pruitts call, but my opinion is just my opinion. Have a suspicion that Jennings future at UT is dependent on the WR recruiting in this class....especially Copeland. If he signs, I don't think Jennings returns. Pruitt has the luxury of time. Regardless, as someone who still remembers the Kelly Washngton era along with a couple of other "individual" type players over the years, I firmly believe it's best to part ways with Jennings. Like you astutely pointed out, the decision isn't mine. This is Pruitts team/decision/career. His call.

Reactions: 3 people
If you are a walk-on, are you subject to all the monetary restrictions that a player on scholly is? I know the quick answer is yes but I have to believe that if you are in school on your dime, there have to be differences.

Can someone on here young or old please translate this statement?

"u_aintjj Momma dere go dat man"

I'm really curious as to what this young man is saying.

Folks querying about this do not listen to much urban radio. It's a canned introduction many DJs use on various urban/hip hop radio stations across the nation. It's supposed to be an acknowledgement or recognition of fame or pride. This ain't hard ya'll, some of you folks really need to get out of Unicoi County every now and then, and I like Unicoi, think it's alright, it's just there are other things going on in the world.

Do you shout at people to get off your lawn after trips to Hardee's every morning?

Language is ever evolving. Slang of the past is the language of today. And this whole thing is a play on a basketball announcer shouting "There goes that man" when a player goes by a defender with the basketball. I'm sorry that you think this is some sort of "thug slur."

I believe me and you are talking about different language. I’m speaking of Jennings in general with his rants and ongoing shenanigans and the way he has spoken. Not something about “there goes that man”. I like Hardee’s. Those little hash browns are nice. But no I’m not retired and and at Hardee’s every morning. I’m a 30 year old with common sense and haven’t been brainwashed by the media enough to get upset every time something is said about someone of a different race and the way they talk. These kids are on a platform like it or not, and there is something to be said for professionalism and others being able to understand you.

All in all I just don’t care for Jennings. He’s a punk and people have went bananas over him because he caught a few good passes. He’s selfish and causes problems and distractions. That’s just something we simply don’t need.

I've consistently said this is Pruitts call, but my opinion is just my opinion. Have a suspicion that Jennings future at UT is dependent on the WR recruiting in this class....especially Copeland. If he signs, I don't think Jennings returns. Pruitt has the luxury of time. Regardless, as someone who still remembers the Kelly Washngton era along with a couple of other "individual" type players over the years, I firmly believe it's best to part ways with Jennings. Like you astutely pointed out, the decision isn't mine. This is Pruitts team/decision/career. His call.

Kelly could be a putz and his opinion of himself was laughable, but we are nowhere near as good as we were in 2001 without him, and he wasn't the reason we weren't as good in 2002. He was a sideshow, but we went 8-5 because Fulmer let WR recruiting slip and we had no one left who could produce.

Also he did nothing to warrant being dismissed from the team. The reason DS went pro wasn't necessarily his fault. Stallworth left because he accepted a meal from an agent and it would've affected his eligibility in the 2002 season.

Folks querying about this do not listen to much urban radio. It's a canned introduction many DJs use on various urban/hip hop radio stations across the nation. It's supposed to be an acknowledgement or recognition of fame or pride. This ain't hard ya'll, some of you folks really need to get out of Unicoi County every now and then, and I like Unicoi, think it's alright, it's just there are other things going on in the world.

So his message was intended for a targeted predominantly minority audience vs UT fans in general? I see.

Reactions: 3 people
A university education changes people. Exposure to information, ideas, and disciplines develop new ways of thinking and new skills to communicate. The purpose of speaking and writing is -- to communicate, to make oneself clearly understood by others. Standards exist for that purpose. Any person who does the work assigned for a college degree should be a different person from the one who stepped onto campus as a freshman. He/she should be an educated person, not someone who makes excuses for a lack of education.

Did not DP. State that JJ had a lot of catch up school work as he quit classes while rehabbing?

He quit going to class, but did ultimately finish and receive a grade in his classes last fall. From a GPA standpoint and a progression toward a major standpoint, he will have a lot of work to do in the spring and summer sessions in order to be eligible next fall if he is allowed to return to the team. It is not impossible, but he will have to show a level of dedication to academics that he has not previously.

I would not characterize what he did as quitting school “while rehabbing.“ He actually skipped a large amount of his rehab sessions as well. It’s another reason why he was ultimately let go by the previous staff and athletic director.

Reactions: 4 people

Agree 100%

JJ's stats aren't that amazing...like maybe 3 catches a game for maybe 40-50 yds...almost a td every other game give or take...i mean he's not terrible, but he's not unbelievable either...not sure what the fuss's all about, considering his character's been moderate at best, to very poor.

I'm good with Jennings not being on the team. Go with these young guys with good character and also u can develop. Jennings is who is. Move on from Jennings. I'm not saying this to be a hater, I just know a lot of the crap he did while on the team. He is no good. Move on

Jennings will elevate our offense if allowed back on the team. However, one of Butch's problems was catering to individuals as opposed to doing what was right for the team. Jennings coming back or not is Pruitt's first big coaching call, and if allowed back that would be catering to an individual.

From a pure football standpoint I'd love to have Jennings back, he's a beast of a player. But I'm also sick and tired of coaches letting players do whatever without consequences to the detriment of the team. Pruitt's call, but the team matters more than the individual.

Jennings will elevate our offense if allowed back on the team. However, one of Butch's problems was catering to individuals as opposed to doing what was right for the team. Jennings coming back or not is Pruitt's first big coaching call, and if allowed back that would be catering to an individual.

From a pure football standpoint I'd love to have Jennings back, he's a beast of a player. But I'm also sick and tired of coaches letting players do whatever without consequences to the detriment of the team. Pruitt's call, but the team matters more than the individual.

Jennings may have been better on defense depending on whether he was utilized as a ball hunter or forced to adhere tightly to a Butch Jones' scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back