Gun control debate (merged)

This thread is not about arsenic and old lace. It was prompted from another school shooting by an eighteen year old former student who bought two AR-15 style rifles the day after he turned eighteen and a few days later murdered 21 people in an elementary school.

Are you for banning automobiles? Which actual rights are you cool with violating? Do you think he couldn’t accomplish what he did with two handguns with 15 round mags?

Reactions: 1vol8
I’ll ask the same question that I always ask every time one of these horrific shootings take place. After we ban the scary looking guns and these shootings continue, then what’s the plan going to be?

Restrictions on handgun magazines. I'd put them at 17, just to get the 30 round mags off the market without pissing off most of the handgun owning peeps, but the push will probably be for ten.

Restrictions on handgun magazines. I'd put them at 17, just to get the 30 round mags off the market, but the push will probably be for ten.
So basically continue on as normal for every .40 pistol magazine then? The Glock Standard receiver with a non extended magazine I lost in one of many freak boating accidents I’ve had only holds 15.

So carry on then sounds good to me!

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Cough, because there is a correlation between gun ownership and gun deaths. That 18 year old who just murdered 21 people at an elementary school used a high capacity, high powered semi-automatic rifle.

Dog whistle phrases of the left. You never hear those words when talking to normal people about firearms.

(Mark VII?) I get what you're saying, but you are ignoring the fact that police entered and withdrew when they took fire from a semi-automatic high-powered rifle, and they remained withdrawn. I don't think they would have withdrawn and waited if the shooter were using a couple of .22s which do not penetrate body armor, unlike the rifle he was using.
So he had armor piercing rounds? Those are illegal.

I’ll ask the same question that I always ask every time one of these horrific shootings take place. After we ban the scary looking guns and these shootings continue, then what’s the plan going to be?

You already know the answer . Whatever the next target they decide will be . They only need a starting point so they can reference it when they say “it was a good reasonable and rational place to start but we need to do away with more” .

Restrictions on handgun magazines. I'd put them at 17, just to get the 30 round mags off the market without pissing off most of the handgun owning peeps, but the push will probably be for ten.

Then it will be 5 , then it will be for single shots because “ we don’t really needs pistols in our modern society “ . Everyone knows this game , this is why there’s so much resistance.

All semi automatic guns. Then revolvers. This is not about the AR15, lost lives or mass shootings. They could care less (hence Obamas tweet about George Floyd) The AR15 is only the first piece they want but This is about control and the government can never have complete control while we’re armed. Right now we are covered under the constitution if we ever have to fight back again tyranny. Once they get what they want, they unleash hell and those that don’t see that need to open a history book

That is interesting.

DUCY?
I don’t know what the hell you mean by DUCY but the top rifle is a Ruger Mini-14. It is chambered in the same round as the AR-15, 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington, and has the same removable 30 round magazines. The version shown was not banned in 1994 and is not currently slated to be banned in the latest tripe bill. The version with the folding rear stock was banned and would be again, but that stock function has zero impact on the weapons functionality.

It’s this kind of blatant ignorance on firearms and functionality why we ignore idiot gun grabbers.

Ruger Mini-14 - Wikipedia

They can have my AR-15 and my M4. I love shooting them, but I'll live with my 30.06 and my handguns if it saves a single life. Those guns are so destructive it took 2 days to ID some of those kids. But there aren't going to be any changes in national law. I'd bet the ranch on that.

They can have my AR-15 and my M4. I love shooting them, but I'll live with my 30.06 and my handguns if it saves a single life. Those guns are so destructive it took 2 days to ID some of those kids. But there aren't going to be any changes in national law. I'd bet the ranch on that.
Ridiculous as hell. Of the guns you listed the most powerful round with the highest peak and sustained Ft-lbs of energy is the .30-06. Give up your guns if you want but you speak for yourself.

VN Store

Back