Gun control debate (merged)

Doesn't look like the gun did the work. Quote from the story:

”Cox apparently called police to alert them of the attempted burglary, prompting Nyemah to flee the scene and lead officers on a pursuit."

That's one thing you gun-humpers often fail to realize. Methods much less risky than guns can be equally effective in protecting your home from invasion, like motion sensing lights, dogs, alarm systems, cameras, etc. But I guess those aren't manly enough for you.
defensive tackle recently wielded a shotgun to fend off a violent attempted burglary at his home.

”Cox apparently called police to alert them of the attempted burglary, prompting Nyemah to flee the scene and lead officers on a pursuit."

That's one thing you gun-humpers often fail to realize. Methods much less risky than guns can be equally effective in protecting your home from invasion, like motion sensing lights, dogs, alarm systems, cameras, etc. But I guess those aren't manly enough for you.
I had someone try to break in on us once around 14 years ago. I shot at him, luckily for him he was far enough awsy running i missed. The thing is, whoever it was never tried again, he knew I had a gun, and had zero problem trying to use it. I'm not so sure a light would have sent the same message.

Pissing on yourself also stops rape.....

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
I had someone try to break in on us once around 14 years ago. I shot at him, luckily for him he was far enough awsy running i missed. The thing is, whoever it was never tried again, he knew I had a gun, and had zero problem trying to use it. I'm not so sure a light would have sent the same message.
You shot at a person from distance while they were running away from you? That will likely get you in some trouble if you do hit them since they aren't a threat at that point

You shot at a person from distance while they were running away from you? That will likely get you in some trouble if you do hit them since they aren't a threat at that point
Yeah, not the best idea, but I was more than angry. Guy knew we were home, 3 cars in the driveway, and he tried anyway. My wife was pregnant, and all I was thinking was "what if I hadn't been awake?". One of the cops said something, we fussed, but like I said, luckily I missed.

If you break into my home and I am there, it is you who has assumed all of the risk involved...and it will be readily apparent to you in short order. I am not the least bit concerned with "manly", I am completed committed to "decisive and effective". But just so you know, there will be a lot of light and noise, and I have a dog. The cameras will show up later to document the scene.

That's one thing you leg-humpers often fail to realize. Nothing is more effective against an armed assault than an armed defense. I've yet to read about a home invasion that was stopped by a motion-sensing light, or the alarm going off.

If you break into my home and I am there, it is you who has assumed all of the risk involved...and it will be readily apparent to you in short order. I am not the least bit concerned with "manly", I am completed committed to "decisive and effective". But just so you know, there will be a lot of light and noise, and I have a dog. The cameras will show up later to document the scene.

That's one thing you leg-humpers often fail to realize. Nothing is more effective against an armed assault than an armed defense. I've yet to read about a home invasion that was stopped by a motion-sensing light, or the alarm going off.
Yes, a well lit home, alarm, and a door locks has never kept anyone out. Quit pretending to be a cop. You give them a bad name.

Yes, a well lit home, alarm, and a door locks has never kept anyone out. Quit pretending to be a cop. You give them a bad name.
Locks keep honest people out.
There was a video posted to our Nextdoor of guys getting into cars at someone’s house. They had a Ring motion light illuminating the cars, and the husband got on the speaker and told them to get lost. One guy goes back to the car and the other just keeps digging through the truck. One poster said the getaway vehicle was hers, it had been stolen from her house earlier than night. These people don’t care that they’re on video or even if you’re inside. People have stopped locking their cars because if they think something’s good in there they’ll just break out your windows. I wouldn’t lose sleep if some of them were prescribed freedom pills.

Reactions: davethevol

You really fell into a hole of your own making there. First in the boldened you quoted he never mentioned locks but you decided to anyway. Second he said "home invasion stopped". You're trying to conflate "prevention" with his use of the word "stopped". Once a home invasion is active then, by definition, whatever preventative measures might have been in place have been circumvented or ignored.

The rest is simply beneath you in how you addressed GW.

"Home Invasion". Might want to do some research on what that term implies. Quit pretending to understand my world. You're giving civilians a bad name.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
You really fell into a hole of your own making there. First in the boldened you quoted he never mentioned locks but you decided to anyway. Second he said "home invasion stopped". You're trying to conflate "prevention" with his use of the word "stopped". Once a home invasion is active then, by definition, whatever preventative measures might have been in place have been circumvented or ignored.

The rest is simply beneath you in how you addressed GW.

It's all good. I've caught more, and better flak, from a grandma going 93.

Just saying, I have accidentally B&Ed before. Not much of a "breaking", but it's pretty easy to "enter" even with lights, locks, and alarm.

A lot of residential locks can be broken with what the torque of a human arm. Lights spring on for the welcome as much as the unwelcome, so that doesnt stop anyone. And people (outsiders) really dont freak out about security alarms going off. Something I can speak from some limited experience on.

So we can definitively say muzzleloaders arent enough to go hunting with. If it saves one life it would be worth upgrading to at least a bolt action.
No, being a bad shot should bar you from owning one. Plus there is a reason for muzzleloader season. If he needed multiple shots he should have waited to rifle season. It's sad he didn't reload and take his gun with him when he was checking his "kill".

No, being a bad shot should bar you from owning one. Plus there is a reason for muzzleloader season. If he needed multiple shots he should have waited to rifle season. It's sad he didn't reload and take his gun with him when he was checking his "kill".
A little tongue in cheek here, but how good can you really be with a muzzle loader?

To me it sounds like he shot the deer, deer went down. He approached, deer got back up and effed him up. Muzzle loaders are terrible weapons for antler ranged combat, beside being wooden clubs.

For the hunters does muzzle loading season have any other rules besides weapon used that would limit the situation here? Only one shot? Size of "bullet"? They tend to be fairly large as I remember? How much powder, etc?

A little tongue in cheek here, but how good can you really be with a muzzle loader?

To me it sounds like he shot the deer, deer went down. He approached, deer got back up and effed him up. Muzzle loaders are terrible weapons for antler ranged combat, beside being wooden clubs.

For the hunters does muzzle loading season have any other rules besides weapon used that would limit the situation here? Only one shot? Size of "bullet"? They tend to be fairly large as I remember? How much powder, etc?

Most muzzeloaders are in the .50cal range so a hit in the breadbasket usually does the trick. This guy was just unlucky or inexperienced, with a downed buck it's always a good idea to ensure they are dead before getting too close.

As for carrying a something else when it's ML season I would guess that is up to the state. In VA sometimes bear and ML (deer) deer season can overlap a week and you can only carry a ML for deer or a rifle for bear. Carrying both is a no-no.

Most muzzeloaders are in the .50cal range so a hit in the breadbasket usually does the trick. This guy was just unlucky or inexperienced, with a downed buck it's always a good idea to ensure they are dead before getting too close.

As for carrying a something else when it's ML season I would guess that is up to the state. In VA sometimes bear and ML (deer) deer season can overlap a week and you can only carry a ML for deer or a rifle for bear. Carrying both is a no-no.
Sidearms?

I am thinking a .44 or .45 for bear or other predators if dealing with the carcass.

Yep they are designated primitive weapon only . Getting caught with a rifle or pistol will hurt the pocket book . I believe the charge will be hunting out of season, court cost along is $200 . Thats what the rumor is of course .

VN Store

Back