Guest Picker for Gameday

Hmmmm. Dolly wood be cool, Drew Holcomb and his wife are Alums, Pam Tillis was going to school at UT when I was there. Always liked her and her daddy. Johnny Chavis sounds like an odd choice but if you saw that guy day after day coming in after practice....he gave a lot for Tennessee. So many former players. I have not seen Bill Bates in a while. Just hope it is not a politician. And just hope they pick the Vols to win and we do.

You are comically wrong. She is very likely the best ambassador for our state...ever. We're talking about the special guest on an entertainment show. Her football acumen is absolutely irrelevant.
How is she an ambassador at this point? 35 years ago yes she would have been a hot commodity. Now don’t get me wrong she is a legend but in todays day and age she isn’t relevant to the mainstream. How many 5 star recruits do you think actually know who she is or what she did other than Dollywood?

How is she an ambassador at this point? 35 years ago yes she would have been a hot commodity. Now don’t get me wrong she is a legend but in todays day and age she isn’t relevant to the mainstream. How many 5 star recruits do you think actually know who she is or what she did other than Dollywood?

Literally EVERYONE knows who Dolly Parton is. She also recently turned down the Presidential Medal of Freedom which is the highest civilian honor, so I'd say that she's still pretty relevant regardless of whether you are paying attention or not.

Literally EVERYONE knows who Dolly Parton is. She also recently turned down the Presidential Medal of Freedom which is the highest civilian honor, so I'd say that she's still pretty relevant regardless of whether you are paying attention or not.

0 excitement around an 80 year old woman going on Gameday. Unless you are white haired.

ESPN should have the guest picker walk up to the podium in a Smokey outfit and then unmask himself or herself when they get there.

Reactions: Jdw2920
I would love to see a poll that asked high school kids who dolly parton is and then see it broken down by geographical location and I think we would see that it would not be a relevant game day picker.

Reactions: ButchAintOne
I would love to see a poll that asked high school kids who dolly parton is and then see it broken down by geographical location and I think we would see that it would not be a relevant game day picker.

should post a poll on Twitter. Dolly, Wallen, or Peyton. Dolly wouldn’t even get a vote.

I caught the tail end of it, but I think Gunner on WIVK just said Morgan Wallen was picking. He may have been talking about something besides Gameday though.

VN Store

Back