Guest Picker for Gameday

I agree that I would not want Dolly; she is an icon but has no clue about football. I would venture to say so it would be a bad look for the state of tn that we went with her over someone like Jason witten or Dobbs
A bad look for the state of TN? LMAO

Last edited:
Can yall imagine Tony V walking up there in the fur coat and daddy hat? We will all be signing up for Christian mingle after that. šŸ¤£
I get the impression that thereā€™s a lot of middle age dads among our fans whose wife could leave them for Coach V and theyā€™d be like, ā€œYou know, I get it. Ainā€™t even mad.ā€ šŸ˜‚

A bad lok for the state of TN? LMAO
If you pick her to represent football picks yes I would say itā€™s a bad look makes you look like no one from the football program has any interest in being here. How is she relevant today other than Dollywood. Her music isnā€™t mainstream at all and hasnā€™t been in what 35 years

If you pick her to represent football picks yes I would say itā€™s a bad look makes you look like no one from the football program has any interest in being here. How is she relevant today other than Dollywood. Her music isnā€™t mainstream at all and hasnā€™t been in what 35 years
Dolly's relevance and cultural significance reach far beyond music and Dollywoodā€”so, so far. It's comical that your view of her is limited to those two things.

Delete this post and go educate yourself.

Not sure how you know she doesn't know anything about football.

And wheeling out former players that nobody outside the state of Tennessee cares about or doing the absolute most lazy thing and having it be a coach....will just be unrememorable....nothing special.

An icon that transcends sport would be much cooler.

Last edited:
I like Dolly and i wouldn't mind her making an appearance but i've seen that she can't be in Knoxville for the show.

Dolly's relevance and cultural significance reach far beyond music and Dollywoodā€”so, so far. It's comical that your view of her is limited to those two things.

Delete this post and go educate yourself.
She was recently inducted into the Rock and Roll Halll of Fame.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

You are comically wrong. She is very likely the best ambassador for our state...ever. We're talking about the special guest on an entertainment show. Her football acumen is absolutely irrelevant.

Brother there is nothing serious about GameDay picks at all.

It's a fun way to end the show. There's no reflection.

You realize the guest picker is almost never someone "from the football program". Katy Perry has absolutely ZERO football knowledge, but that was one of the best spots in the history of GameDay. Dolly on stage, picking Tennessee, then leading the throngs of the orange-clad in Rocky Top....sign me up!!!!!

You realize the guest picker is almost never someone "from the football program". Katy Perry has absolutely ZERO football knowledge, but that was one of the best spots in the history of GameDay. Dolly on stage, picking Tennessee, then leading the throngs of the orange-clad in Rocky Top....sign me up!!!!!
Oh yeah, the LSU corndog bit.. classic! šŸ˜‚

Dolly belting out Rocky Top on GameDay would be epic.

VN Store

Back