Guarantano is playing the Titans..

He may not make the final 53 team roster, but he has played well in his pre-season games. Do not know how the practices have gone, but he will, at a minimum, make a practice squad somewhere. Would not surprise me if he is on the Cardinals practice squad.

Reactions: Devo182
If he goes on to have a productive, high-profile NFL career, do we retire his number? I say yes. Big old #2 jersey, hanging in the stadium!

I just don't understand the saltiness people have for JG, the kid gave his all why he was at TN, he had terrible circumstances that directly affected his development. I hope people don't excommunicate Hooker if he has a crap year!
He took entirely too much blame, but man did he have some devastating negative plays for some bad teams.

INT forthcoming
Yes...because he had the lowest INT rate of any UT QB, now only surpassed by Hendon's absurd single season of a 101:1 ratio (that's nuts).

Seems like an ignorant statement. He didn't do some things well, but protecting the ball he did do very well overall.

People just choose to remember the worst plays and ignore the overall. It's like a poker player that doesn't remember all the good, mediocre, and semi-bad and only remember the handful of really bad beats. It's very telling so many actually believe he was/remember him as a turnover machine lol.

Reactions: irish1485
Sorry - hate me….. Jarret Guarantano: 13-17 at UT - 6,478 yards passing, amounting to 39 touchdowns & the 20 WORST INTs at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME - in almost EVERY SINGLE GAME! Not to mention multiple fumbles & sacks whenever we started to gain momentum! - or not! He was worse ON THE FIELD (in recent memory) than Shuler, Manning, Martin, Clausen, Suggs, Ainge, Bray, Worley, or Dobbs. And THANK GOODNESS- Hendon Hooker has left him “IN THE DUST”.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

Reactions: LittleVol and SDV
Sorry - hate me….. Jarret Guarantano: 13-17 at UT - 6,478 yards passing, amounting to 39 touchdowns & the 20 WORST INTs at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME - in almost EVERY SINGLE GAME! Not to mention multiple fumbles & sacks whenever we started to gain momentum! - or not! He was worse ON THE FIELD (in recent memory) than Shuler, Manning, Martin, Clausen, Suggs, Ainge, Bray, Worley, or Dobbs. And THANK GOODNESS- Hendon Hooker has left him “IN THE DUST”.

GOOD RIDDANCE!
And he is still more valuable to the University than you. I think that is important to note. JG was not the greatest QB to walk the sidelines here, but the lack of respect that he was able to do what most of you including me could not do and thats play QB in the SEC for the Vols.... Most of you are the same ones that had issues with Arian Foster yet couldn't understand why he wouldnt rep the University when he was the best RB in the NFL.

I just don't understand the saltiness people have for JG, the kid gave his all why he was at TN, he had terrible circumstances that directly affected his development. I hope people don't excommunicate Hooker if he has a crap year!

He likely wont...but if he does. The amount of vitriol he will receive will be embarrassing

Can’t argue with BIG AL! Sorry, I was never a player. But from the fan’s point of view, JG was very disappointing…….

Some people have a hard time letting go. Show some class and be a bigger person. JG tried here. He wasn't out causing trouble. I was aggravated like everyone else about him having the position locked down permanently, but blame Pruitt for that.

It costs you nothing to wish him well.

Reactions: Vol4life2
During the JG era, the mess that was UT football, I doubt Peyton or the Ice Man would have done any better. JG came to the UT at the worst possible time. Defective coaches, a defective OL, a defective AD, and an overall defective football program. I, for one, am anxious to see what he achieves in a place that isn't so unconditionally defective. Ball out, JG, if for no other reason than to make your haters swallow their own hatefulness.

Yes...because he had the lowest INT rate of any UT QB, now only surpassed by Hendon's absurd single season of a 101:1 ratio (that's nuts).

Seems like an ignorant statement. He didn't do some things well, but protecting the ball he did do very well overall.

People just choose to remember the worst plays and ignore the overall. It's like a poker player that doesn't remember all the good, mediocre, and semi-bad and only remember the handful of really bad beats. It's very telling so many actually believe he was/remember him as a turnover machine lol.

A 38-17 TD/INT over 41 games, is terrible for a starting QB in the SEC.

I don't care what he goes on to do or not do in the NFL, it still won't retroactively make him a competent college QB.

Reactions: EverythingOrange
Nobody knows that for sure. See you are assuming that because JGs performances with zero QB coaching for 4 years under some of the worst staffs we have ever seen at UT.

Now what if JG had been recruited by Heupel and spent some time under a real coaching staff that actually is known for developing QBs? You seriously don’t think that would have made a difference?
It definitely would’ve made a difference. I was just being a SA.

And it seemed like FOREVER for UT to re-group & move on! (And regardless of your TITLE - I doubt that you were ever a “player”, either!
I said this in my oringinal post to you. Move on and wish him well. If he is successful thats wonderful and if not thats ok too. He got his degree right ? These guys come here because we have one of the best, most passionate fanbases in sports. Most Tennessee fans are very conscious of that. Bashing former players who laid it out for us is not an imagine we should strive for. I agree we have had much better QB's over the years but it is time to let go.

This is just political correctness run amuck.

He was a turnover machine - had a terrible qb rating while here- lost his job At Was. State after throwing his third interception in one game, a pick six that cost his team the game.

He was dismal while here. H H in the top 5 qbs in the country- JG bottom 5 qbs in the country. Qb rating isn’t subjective- fair and rational representative of quarterbacks play.

Peyton also single handidly sh1t the bed against Florida on multiple occassions people. We also lose to everyone when he shows up on campus lol

People take this stuff so personal that when a player like JG doesn’t perform well…or even bad…they take it so to heart. “Of course JG must have intentionally performed that way just to make me miserable.” It’s so incredibly pathetic and seriously unappealing as a fellow Vol fan. I am honestly embarrassed for these haters. It’s got to be a horrible way to live. Here’s hoping the man JG has massive success whatever he does going forward.

VN Store

Back