Gruden says he never considered coaching at Tennessee

Does that mean that I can stop looking through the chain link fence at McGhee Tyson?????

Reactions: guevara
He could have said this during any of the last two coaching searches but he would never put the rumors to rest... why not? Because Gruden is an attention whore.

Reactions: davethevol
Where’s MITBeaver??!!

Say it ain’t SO Beaver!!
Saw The Beav @ my Uncle Ward & Aunt June’s over Thanksgiving . He felt so bad that he couldn’t get it done last time around that he vowed to not return until it was triumphantly . He wanted me to tell everyone that the deal was close though . Mark Davis is playing hardball on the buyout but ADPF, Beav, & the big wigs got together last night @ the Chattanooga Olive Garden on their way to the SECCG. They just finished a quick 9 @ Augusta and the announcement will be SOON. By SOON I mean that it will be @ halftime of the SECCG. Gruden is going to wear a disguise like he is a participant in the DR.Pepper scholarship competition and then right before he throws .... BOOM! The whole world will be put on notice that The Vols aren’t messing around anymore! Beav knows y’all are probably skeptical so he asked me to share these pics ‘cause it really happenedD22B767A-A2D2-4990-AFDF-65BA8D2CA0E0.jpegDE86E053-B531-4081-A8D5-873D95632BDE.jpeg9E8C4B54-1356-4A06-9AAB-0441EA7D0550.jpeg

Reactions: WKD1971 and guevara
Ive seen the raiders the past 2 years. Dont want him. And as stated in an earlier post, he didn't do anything to dispel the rumors.

"Brooklyn Decker didnt reject me, I turned her down first!!"

He is what he is , a 500% winning coach.
He won a 100% of the time when he was a celebrity on ESPN and probably could have recruited well off of his show in college from the get go..
In this drive thru world that time has passed or "boat has sailed".
He is looked at now as a middling NFL coach and will never get or garner the money from college that would entice him to leave IMO.
11 years at Tampa and he was 57-55.

Pretty amazing considering all the hype he got over the years

All the talk and rumors about Gruden contacting coaches WAS TRUE...which led to alot of speculation. The only problem was he was doing so in view of the Raider job...not UT. If you think Gruden couldn't recruit the # 1 class in the country you are delusional....and that is all important in the SEC. THAT is why I for one was hoping he'd come aboard. I still think the time might be right in the future. He is getting sick and tired of the BS of the NFL. The lack of practice time...refs...etc...and he's more than just a ".500 coach". He inherited a bad Raider team in 1999 and turned 'em into SBowl contenders...then WON A superbowl with Tampa...then had some drop off years due to lack of talent. He has taken a really bad Raider team and is .500 with a bunch of unproven rookies...far exceeding preseason expectations. I wouldn't close the book on Gruden forever. Sorry...his name will keep on popping up.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Never wanted him. He lucked into a ready team in Tampa, then crashed. Didn't do well elsewhere. Didn't believe his body of work warranted all the goo-goo eyes Vols fan had for him.

Reactions: VolGirl1126

VN Store

Back