Group: Spanking Is Ineffective and Harmful to Children

Do you believe in spanking children?

• Yes

• No

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jesus man are you serious? If you had a son and raised him like angurl, meaning making him play with barbies, dressing him in dresses and makeup up, you dont think that wouldnt have a detrimental effect on his sexuality? Good grief..

Might have an effect on his sexual proclivities, but I don't believe it would have an effect on his sexual orientation.

I don't know for certain if it's harmful, but I do realize some children were beaten stupid.

How else do you explain luther, Mick, Alabama fans, etc?
Big difference between a spanking and a beating. I got both as a kid. My kids get spanked and it works for all but one of them. I really try to make the punishment fit the crime, but sometimes you just can't, so the bottom gets whacked.

How many times have medical opinions changed over the years?

This is flawed logic. I’m sure you wouldn’t say that after reading a research article about LDLs and their contribution to atherosclerosis. But when it’s something we don’t intuitively agree on we have to add doubt?

That is absolutely irrelevant. A scientist doesn’t have to have cancer to research cancer.

You don’t seek advise from a butcher on how to build a 3500 caterpillar engine .
To me , if you are going to give me advise on how to raise my kids ... you need to have the experience of having them yourself or I’m probably going to tell you to go kick sand .

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
The pediatricians gave straightforward evidence. I’m not sure if anyone can actually argue against this without just spitting their own anecdotal experiences or opinions.
Really?
You really think that child discipline is this easy?

Idiot

You don’t seek advise from a butcher on how to build a 3500 caterpillar engine .
To me , if you are going to give me advise on how to raise my kids ... you need to have the experience of having them yourself or I’m probably going to tell you to go kick sand .

What an absolutely preposterous analogy. Physicians who have dedicated their lives to learning about the physical, mental, and developmental health of children are very much qualified if not the most qualified to provide scientific insight on how certain conditioning or punishments can affect the health of a child. This reliance on personal anecdotal evidence to confirm past positions or stances is detrimental to your own educational growth.

To be fair, neither do you. There are many studies that say it is ineffective and damaging. Your anecdotal evidence is meaningless to me. Maybe you were spanked as a kid and ended up being hugely successful later in life. Does that mean spanking turned you into the upstanding human being you are today? It isn't like we can go back in time and un-spank you to see how you would have turned out.

From where I'm standing, when I see a kid being physically hit by somebody three or four times their size, it is hard to see anything other than a person who is trying to assert dominance. That's not about respect or even punishment. It is about dominance.
And, possibly lack of anger management

What an absolutely preposterous analogy. Physicians who have dedicated their lives to learning about the physical, mental, and developmental health of children are very much qualified if not the most qualified to provide scientific insight on how certain conditioning or punishments can affect the health of a child. This reliance on personal anecdotal evidence to confirm past positions or stances is detrimental to your own educational growth.

No kids means they are not parents and have no experience dealing with and raising a child . It’s pretty simple . No experience means don’t tell me how it should be done .

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

This is as foolish as sayin the government is qualified to determine what healthcare you get and how you should save for retirement.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
No kids means they are not parents and have no experience dealing with and raising a child . It’s pretty simple . No experience means don’t tell me how it should be done .

This is ridiculous.

If your cardiologist has a congenital heart defect, does that make you view his advice any differently?

They are educated on child health and development and how certain stimuli can affect a child’s physical and mental well being. They have real observational data on a large scale to confidently claim that spanking is not an effective form of disciplinary option.

This is ridiculous.

If your cardiologist has a congenital heart defect, does that make you view his advice any differently?

They are educated on child health and development and how certain stimuli can affect a child’s physical and mental well being. They have real observational data on a large scale to confidently claim that spanking is not an effective form of disciplinary option.

Maybe they should ask the kids getting spanked.

This is as foolish as sayin the government is qualified to determine what healthcare you get and how you should save for retirement.

Government officials don’t go through 11-15 years of post high school education on learning how to govern. I fail to see how these is even remotely analogous.

Many of you all have this irrational skepticism toward medicine, healthcare, science, or whatever.

Yet some of you post links from Breitbart like it’s this newfound piece of enlightenment.

Government officials don’t go through 11-15 years of post high school education on learning how to govern. I fail to see how these is even remotely analogous.

That makes sense for the cardiologist instead of someone who can claim to know what someone thinks or how they feel. For some kids no form of discipline is ever effective, they are gonna be who they are gonna be.

Many of you all have this irrational skepticism toward medicine, healthcare, science, or whatever.

Yet some of you post links from Breitbart like it’s this newfound piece of enlightenment.

It may have something to with for every study trying prove one thing there’s one to contradict it. Some people take the pieces that makes sense and pieces from their own personal experiences and form their own opinions. “Higher education” has become so muddled it’s hard to just take everything said as fact.

Your assumptions are as stale as your responses. Try harder. If you are not skeptical then you are a blind sheep.

Ok lets take nutrition for example. Do you think physicians get real training about nutrition? How many classes do you think they take?

I answered #3 because I don't have kids.

The uninformed part of me feels it is a necessary last resort but often abused by ****** parents.

VN Store

Back