Greg Oden, whats our plan of attack?

Greg Oden, whats our plan of attack?

A quiet street. Oden out for a walk. A jogger comes by and, what's that? A needle? A little shot of some of that Russian cobalt or whethever it was, problem solved.

Well look what USC did to Texas. There are similarities between OSU and Tex, both have big men who can take over games, and both have stellar but freshmen point guards. If Oden cannot get the ball often to get into a rhythm, his offense will struggle.

Trapping Conley like USC did to Augustine (1 assist, 6 TO) and driving at him like they did to Augustine (5 fouls) will disrupt their whole offense, and not just Oden. Durant may have gotten 30 points in the game, but look at how many the other players from Texas scored. Oden does not have the ball much of the time, and limiting that further will be the key to holding OSU.

Well look what USC did to Texas. There are similarities between OSU and Tex, both have big men who can take over games, and both have stellar but freshmen point guards. If Oden cannot get the ball often to get into a rhythm, his offense will struggle.

Trapping Conley like USC did to Augustine (1 assist, 6 TO) and driving at him like they did to Augustine (5 fouls) will disrupt their whole offense, and not just Oden. Durant may have gotten 30 points in the game, but look at how many the other players from Texas scored. Oden does not have the ball much of the time, and limiting that further will be the key to holding OSU.

Did you just compare Oden and Durant's playing styles? While they both could take over a game, the way Oden can take over a game vastly differs from the way Durant would...

I agree! Oden had 20+ points and 10+ boards in January and we should have won the game. Allow 1 person to "get his" and stop the other 4. Oden isn't The Dream or Ewing yet. Jones, Cook, and Conley can provide much more offense than 1 Greg Oden.

BPV, do you agree that RAYmar Smith's role in this game will be the key? He needs to drive to the basket and either draw fouls from Oden or if the defense collapses to help, kick out to our infinite number of shooters. Thoughts?
His ability to drive should punish OSU, if he's got someone to dish to. Our defensive boards and guarding their 3 will be more important.

I really think that Holford and Noah for Florida are better players than Oden and can cause some serious problems for teams with match ups. My Case is that we handled them. Oden as highly talented as he is said to be...He seems so much slower than that we have faced in the SEC. I compare him to Morris. I just do not get it as to why he is so highly regarded as a big man with a big future in the NBA. Am I missing something or what? I have not been impressed with him in the 6 times that I have seen them play. I do not get it.

Please tell me what I am missing?

I see alot of inside Out play for Tennessee with cuts to the basket back door and Ramar down the middle Passing is a must to beat them.

Has Oden ever taken over a game?????????

Has Oden ever taken over a game?????????
He might be the only defensive player in college ball to actually take over a game. Nobody impacts the defensive end like Oden......and there's not really anybody close.

By the way, he scored about a thousand when they beat us.

He might be the only defensive player in college ball to actually take over a game. Nobody impacts the defensive end like Oden......and there's not really anybody close.

By the way, he scored about a thousand when they beat us.

Defensively you are right the box score has 24 points in 32 or 38 minutes with 10 rebounds. 75% from the field.

Reynolds had that in one half. Defensively you are right.

Oden versus Tennessee

9-13 FGs 6-6FTs 24pts OF REB 2 De Reb 13 3 PF 4 TO 3 Blks 36 minutes

Look at the Box Score. 24 is not half of 68.

Bottom line the numbers are impressive he seemed to score at will. His Defensive Rebounds is impressive. We only shot 40% from the field. Adjustments must be made for us to win.

VN Store

Back