'20 Grad Transfer ILB Jabril Cox

I don’t think anyone could have realistically thought they were going to beat Kentucky with the way they were playing.
No. But we’re talking about their predictions on performance. And there were teams other than Kentucky included in that grand swath.

Reactions: drvenner
My BIL's last name is Cox. They are probably related. I'll see what I can find out....
I've probably known 1000 separate Cox's in my life none of which are related to each other

JJP may or may not end up being a bust.

But, 2 years in he has shown zero sign of being able to play. Thats a disappointment for a top 50 player any way you slice it.

Maybe he ends up a great player, but its fair to question his ability and/or commitment until he proves otherwise.

Reactions: StoVol
Agree, along with Tight End. After Austin Pope, we have a bunch of bodies that haven't proven anything. We need at least one other guy, two really, to step up and perform, especially with Austin being somewhat injury prone. Jim Chaney loves those two tight end sets.
Was about to post this as well. TE depth is a real concern in my opinion.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
this spring is huge for him, he has good ball skills but has to get more physical in his blocking or he won’t be playing.
I keep playing that play he made across the middle in the spring game. Maybe because its the last time our tight end broke free. Lowe will be a stud.

I've probably known 1000 separate Cox's in my life none of which are related to each other

SimplisticWeakGoldeneye-max-1mb.gif

Jabril more of a inside or outside guy?

Watching his highlight he seems to be all over the field, in one clip it looked like he was playing safety. This guy would be a great grad transfer to snag, give the incoming freshman a bit more time to get ready, take some pressure off Roman, JJP, Crouch too.

I'm not so worried about the TE room.
Pope, Fant, Brown, Warren, Lowe and then with Beckwith you've got some versatility there. I think he'll be used more like a HB than a true WR or TE. Great size and very dynamic with the ball in his hands.

I think Cox is projected to be an ILB in our standard 3-4 if he comes here. As you know though, Pruitt and Ansley haven’t really been committed to just one defensive alignment and we spent a fair amount of time in an odd alignment 3-4, some 4-3, and a lot of nickel. So, I think he’s primarily an ILB here in the 3-4 variations and in the nickel but I could see him being an OLB in the 4-3 and in obvious pass rushing situations.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
No. But we’re talking about their predictions on performance. And there were teams other than Kentucky included in that grand swath.
Well they got it right today. That was a rough game to watch. Woof.

VN Store

Back